LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Voice And Camera Capability In Live Chat

To the Powers that Be,

I'd like to make a formal request to see if there would be any possibility of expanding the Live Chat capabilities to include video, or at least, voice.

I really used to like chatting by voice with all my AB and DL friends on the Yahoo fetish chat channels before they closed them down. People were always chiming in with discussions of wearing diapers, diaper reviews, diaper sources and just general chat stuff. There was one woman in particular that used to drive me nuts when she would use the phrase, "Diapers and rubber pants" with a slight Southern drawl!! Still sends chills up my spine.

So if there is any way to upgrade DD's chat to at least voice, I for one would appreciate it.

Rob

Wetpants

^_^ I've never done what your speaking about Rob sounds kinda interesting and to me so is text chat, but we have enough problems with chat. I'm sure that you yourself could host on numerous websites that are also free that have such a feature. We have enough problems with Bandwith now to host a feature such as you describe..and more importantly alot of people are here on dial-up, which would exclude them. Not speaking for DD himself..but just isn't feasable for a free site such as ours, at least thats my view. ;)

BTW you probably should have posted that in the appropriate forum as well. Such as DD support, so that those powers to be could have seen your post, they are busy people.

I think the voice chat seems like an awesome idea.

If someone hosted a Teamspeak server everyone could join in there. That works fine with dialup.

The teamspeak server is free. All you need is a machine (preferably dedicated so it doesn't get restarted etc.) and an ok internet conneciton. It doesn't really use a lot of bandwidth (you won't notice the drain most likely on your connection).

That's about the best chat solution IMHO. You can make registration manditory, set an anonymous password (that only forum members know ideally). You could post the anonymous password in a hidden forum with a link at the top or soemthing to that effect.

Also you can use no-ip.com to host a domain redirect so if your IP address changes it will update automatically (with the assistance of a free downloadable software package they offer).

There are also service providers who will rent a teamspeak server out and handle technical problems with the server when/if they arrise.

I just did a google search and these people rent a 32 slot server for $9.99/month which is $77.92/year.

http://www.instantteamspeak.com/

Yep, yahoo voice chat, even with it's down sides, was fun. Too bad fun don't pay the bills. Even in an ideal world where the stuff is free doesn't mean it won't cost you a lot of time and effort. I'm sure DD looked into the chat options thoroughly and they are currently offering the best available chatroom available that they can (thanks btw).

Basically we have two options there, and both would require some member support:

1) Ventrillo - works like teamspeak, but I am more familiar with it. Costs $29 a month, for a server that would allow up to 100 peope to chat at once.

2) Video and Chat on diapermates - A one time fee of $175 would have to be raised to pay or these plugins. Cheaper in the long run, but I am not as familiar with it. Chat and video, no voice.

I wish I was in a position in my life financially and I would love to contribute to such a cause.

Just my opinion but I think voice is more important than video.

Ventrillo is pretty good but if there was a member who could host a Teamspeak server that could be completely free.

Teamspeak is very easy to setup and administer. You can have a server up and running within probalby 5 mintues.

By the way no offense in any way intented DailyDi. This place is great!