LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thread Bumping

Ok,just a thought,people dont seem to like the idea that someone comes across an old topic that has gone cold and yet they would still like to respond.So they can either add to it and get flamed for bumping or they can start a new topic and enevitably someone will comment that if they had of looked at past posts they would see it's already a topic.Lets work together to find a better solution,maybe topics more than a few months old should be dropped or some other solution.

What do others think :rolleyes:

i think the reason some people don't like this is because they think the answer has been solved in the old post. i would rather see the old post again instead of some one starting a new one on the same topic as this gives the new comers a chance to contribute.

I guess I was guilty of adding to a discussion started in September (If you can call it guilty). I was flamed for adding my comments to a discussion 5 months old. Well, here are my thoughts on the situation and I think they are good ones. Everyone needs to keep in mind that there are always new members to Daily Diapers or old members who have not been here for a while and have never seen these older posts. As far as I am concerned, I want to take some time going through all the older posts, working my way back just to see what member's have been thinking about. If I see a thread that I've had a similar experience with, I might just decide to add my own comments. To me and many new members, this is not an old topic but a fresh one because we are seeing it for the first time. Why wouldn't our opinions still be valid? Secondly, if someone here recognizes and has read that thread many times in the past, they don't have to open it up again - it is their choice to do so, even if they only open up the last page to read the most recent comments. Also, not all posts are asking for advice on a personal problem! Many are just comments and funny experiences, so adding a responce is not like giving advice "after the problem has already been solved". Last, I feel it is the choice of the owner of this site as to weather he wants to eliminate posts or threads more than so-many-months old. He has his choice of perminantly deleating posts and threads that are so many months old, he can archive and close them to where they can be read only but responces are no longer allowed or he can leave things the way they are and allow new replies to old posts and topics. The way it is now, responding to an old post might bring the topic up for a new look instead of having the same topic posted over and over again as a new topic. There you have it! If people want to flame me for making a new comment to an old post, well, that's their problem! Who died and made them boss anyway!

If this is all that bother some, why not just move any thread that has had no reply in x amount of time to it's own sub-section? This way, the post is still there for reference, everyone knows it is old, and if suddenly someone dose have something to add to it, it will be obvious that a new comment was added to an old thread....

Guest John_Q_Sample

As far as bumping old thread goes, admittedly I am one of the worst offenders... and quite proud of my abilty to bump and old thread, giving it new breath to again see the light of day through the eyes of experience... (i don't know if that actually means anything, but it was fun to say). :thumbsup:

I'm just used to not bumping threads. After being an active member in numerous forums I noticed how people frowned upon it. Honestly, I don't care, it's just a force of habit not to bump old threads, but if someone else bumps a thread I don't mind posting in it. ^_^

--Brandon

The people who complain about thread bumping annoy me far more than the people who bump threads. :rolleyes:

I don't see the problem with thread bumping on this forum. I've been on a few forums where there were somewhat legitimate reasons to not bump certain threads, but not here. I'll agree that it is usually pointless to answer a question that was asked several years ago, but I don't think we should flame a person for doing that. (and I have seen people be thankful for an answer, even if it was years later) And certainly, reviving a thread to restart a flame war is not polite.

But what is the problem with someone bumping a thread to restart an interesting conversation that died out months or years ago?

Watch out!!!!

The diaper police are everywhere. :roflmao:

The diaper police may be everywhere, but they'll never pin anything on me! (Couldn't resist doing that)

IMHO: We watch reruns on television, so what's wrong with reviving old posts?

Baby June 2/16/2007

The diaper police may be everywhere, but they'll never pin anything on me! (Couldn't resist doing that)

IMHO: We watch reruns on television, so what's wrong with reviving old posts?

Baby June 2/16/2007

Thank you for that, Baby Jane it was very funny and for once I say LOL and mean it! :)

All joking aside...there is nothing wrong with bumping an old thread if you have something interesting to add to it. I like it, in fact. If I enjoyed a reading thread and then it dies, I think it's cool to see it reserected.

When I first found this site I went through all the old threads first and decided that I wanted to have my "Pennies worth" out of them, so fortunately when I had plucked up enough courage to actually put finger to keyboard I went mad and replied to loads of old threads, this did me no end of good I can assure you and made me feel really good about this site and all it has to offer. :thumbsup:

OK, so I "bumped" a load of old threads, it didn't seem like any big deal and still does not as attitudes change along with people and a lot of people like going over old stuff.

I have picked up so much information from old threads that it would be a pity if they were discarded as so many have valid points many months if not years on. :o

So, please do not mind if people "bump" old threads as I think it is nice to keep some of them "simmering" as opposed to just boiling away into obscurity! :horse:

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have a feeling this will be the most bumped thread on daily diapers, so like the conformist i strive to be i'm doing the trendy thing and bumping the hell out of it.

!VIVA LE REVOLUTION! we shall fight for the rights of old threads to our last breath!!!!!

{why the hell would i want to be a conformist when i can be an emo kid instead?}

{if you havn't laughed at this yet your diaper is cursed to leak on your favorite teddy bear}

{i like putting messages in these brackets}

{penguins will take over the world}

{free diapers to whoever translates this thread into Sanskrit}

{wow this bump just keeps going like the energizer bunny on cappuccino}

{nope, not done wasting your time yet...}

;{)

{there's a creepy mustache guy above me}

{ :diespam: } <----under used smiley just like this one ------->{ :fish_h4h: }

{ :giljotiini: } might as well use this one too, it's collecting dust

(((((((((((((((((((((((huggles to curious))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

~ sorry, you'll never get the time you wasted on reading this back, what are you doing with your life?

:PBump By Raven

Too low

Turn it up some more

Too chill

To get us on the floor

Hot jam

Where's the volume at

Make it loud

Loud as it can get

You say

Bump up the groove

You say

Makes you move

So big

Walls start to shake

Come on

You like

All you can take

You say you wannna get a little bump in here

Shaking the room, give it the boom

Cmon

You say you wanna get a little bump in here

It's all good. stlyrics

You gotta listen when the girls say

Everybody get a little bump in here

Level to ten, bump it again

Cmon

Say you wannna get a little bump in here

It's all good

You gotta listen when the boys say

Phatt beat

Like to feel the drops

Dj

Never gonna stop

The heat is on

Turn it up some more

I know

What you're waiting for

You say

Bump up the jam

Push it

Loud as you can

So big

House starts to shake

Volume. stlyrics

Walls start to break

You say you wannna get a little bump in here

Shaking the room, give it the boom

Cmon

You say you wanna get a little bump in here

It's all good

You gotta listen when the girls say

Everybody get a little bump in here

Level to ten, bump it again

Cmon

Say you wannna get a little bump in here

It's all good

You gotta listen when the boys say

Bump it in the big ride...gotta get the party on

Ready for the good time...we'll be jammin all night long

Even in the head phones...gotta get it loud enough

Never keep it too low...put it on the big ones and pump it up

D ;) lly

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to add something to this thread that I don't think anyone has said as yet.

There is a difference between a pointless bump, and a bump with a point.

A bump with a point is what has been discussed in this thread so far. And I can't see anyone having any sort of objection to those types of bumps whatsoever. I can't speak for other people, but for me I would much rather someone bump up an old thread and add useful information to it than start a new thread on the same subject. When that happens, and I personally know of an old thread on the same subject, I do try to find the older thread and post that link. And on occasions, these old threads have been bumped up, with people adding to them.

But over the last few days there have been a rash of old threads bumped up with a post simply saying 'bump', or 'Lol' or 'good' or other similar short pointless words. To me, and to other people I have spoken to about this, that kind of bump seems totally pointless. The person posting to bump the thread up isn't adding any useful information to the old thread.

And when that happens, all these old threads with no new information are brought to the top of the page, making it difficult for people to see the newer threads which are lower down.

Also, in Meeting Place and Newbie Nursery, there have recently been a couple of old threads which were bumped up. In the case of the one in the Newbie Nursery, a thread from a year ago was bumped up. And the person who started the thread didn't stick around long. And because people didn't look at the date of the posts at the beginning of the thread, there was a group of people who then proceeded to welcome this person from over a year ago. I actually posted in the thread, pointing out the dates and that the original poster hadn't signed on in over a year, and then a short while after my post, someone else posted in the same thread, also posted to say welcome.

In the Meeting Place forum, there are regularly people who bump up threads that are one or two years old, started by people that haven't been seen since. If you really want to get in contact with the person who started the thread, then it is best to quickly look at their profile, because on there is the information about when they last logged on.

I can't see that bumping up old threads in these two forums serve any purpose to the community as a whole.

(showing my age by singing that song from the 1970's)

:band: Weeee want the bump! (drumbeat) Gotta have the bump! (drumbeat) Weeee want the bump....

(accompanied by that dance where they just kept smacking their rear ends against each other in time to the music :groupwave:)

Thanks go out to the person who noted that there are always newbies coming in. What is an old thread to some is a brand new to someone who just got here yesterday.

When someone posts a problem with a time stamp on it, and it's been resolved, obviously it's too late to chip in with advice. But when the question is more continuous in nature, such as "What has been your experience with....?" then I see nothing wrong with a thread going on for years. And of course a newbie might not KNOW that a topic was discussed to pieces six months ago, especially when it's not on the front page any more. So neither the bumping of an old thread or the re-posting of an old topic would bother me. For those who think a topic has been talked to death, they can refer the newbie to the older threads via a link, and do so without flaming. As for flaming the bumpers...why? Sometimes a bump does seem pointless to me, especially when all the bumper does is post the word "bump" with no reason given. But I'm not going to flame anybody for it.

I'm so glad the forum police are out and about doing their job.... I can so sleep better at night knowing that the forums are being well watched over and guarded... or bumped.... bumpty bump bump.....

And yes ladies and gentlemen that was sarcasm...and maybe a little way too much Mt Dew...lol

I'm so glad the forum police are out and about doing their job.... I can so sleep better at night knowing that the forums are being well watched over and guarded... or bumped.... bumpty bump bump.....

And yes ladies and gentlemen that was sarcasm...and maybe a little way too much Mt Dew...lol

Yea some people just like the power