LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dont Be Ashamed......

i have been on the diapers chat room on and off now for just over a year now, i have heard people saying that they are to ashamed to wear diapers in pubilc, why? im incontinant and have been wearing for 4 years now and i used to feel the same way, but now i dont care what people think or say, it does not matter. othier people dont live our lives. and dont feel the we do. we have feelings to, but they dont care about that, they just think it makes them self look good to put someone else down. i have people say things to me all the time, sure they laugh, but when i ask them would it be better for me to stand in a store with urine running down my leg and making puddles on the floor for people to walk through and maybe slip and hurt them self, they answer well o no that would be a bad thing. i also ask them what kind of a person walks a round judging othiers. they walk away.. im saying if your incontinant, ab dl... so what do what you feel is right for you and be happy..dont worry what othiers think, they dont live your life you do. and if your friends are really a friend they will stand by you. i guess over 4 years i have learned a lot about being ashamed, dont be its a waste of time there's nothing to be ashamed of but shame it self...... wear your diapers and be proud of it....idl john.. p.s its not othiers peoples business what you wear under or in the open..

Yes it is true that one's underwear is one's own buisiness and yours alone !

I too also do not care to be judged or make judgement on others, my underwear is solely my buisiness. :thumbsup:

If you are incontinent then you have little choice as to what your underwear will be, other than fully absorbant !

I am definately NOT ashamed that I have to wear a "Nappy"-heck, I love it ! the reason I love them is threefold;

1. I always had a fascination for Nappies and Plastic pants. :whistling:

2. They stop me from getting embarassed and allow me to lead a "Normal" life with all of those I love. :wub:

3. They are the best method of protecting one's clothes and bedding etc. :D

And always remember-

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :whistling:

Yes, I really never did quite get being ashamed of it myself - I just know some people are, but I have been wearing diapers my whole life (I know profile for me says AB, but I have also been incontinent my whole life - a common symptom of another physical disability I have).

I just never really gave it much thought, never even bothered going to a store in a different town (deliberately) to buy diapers if I need them. Just whatever is closest, or even (actually most of the time) just get more diapers when I am buying food anyway. But I also don't recall hearing the typical comments that often - through Grade School, yes - but once I hit High School, not much. And now hardly ever.

I've never been ashamed of having to wear diapers in the past 15 years that i've had to. I've always figured let people think what they want to think, it not like then affect me. I've been an outcast my whole life, and happy with that status. You can't change the world you can only change yourself and you diapers ;)

well I tend to agree about not being ashamed I also remeber a time when I was embarssed about my condition and the need to wear diapers, I mean a teenanger that wears diapers! but lo and behold here i am 19 years later and I dont care what people might think. The biggest problem I have had to overcome the Knowing and fact of my diaper use was my own inability to accept it myself.

Guest diamondback688

im not ashamed...i dont really care who knows im wearing a diaper anymore...now, when i was 14,15,16, i can remember being really ashamed of having to wear diapers...now i dont care...

I have always believed that what you wear underneath is strictly your business. Therefore, I am not ashamed I have to wear protection. In fact, I now wear super-absorbent "pull-ups," because the "extra" absorbent weren't adequate enough. If others don't like it, then it's too bad. But I wear what's comfortable for me. If I didn't wear protection, I would be much more ashamed of the consequences, believe me! On top of that, if I attempted to "hold it" for very long, I would be totally uncomfortable. And if anyone asks, tell the truth that you have to wear protection. For the record, no one has ever made any comments or asked me about it.

You say that you have people saying things to you all the time about your diaper. Hmm. I've been wearing diapers 24/7/365 for many years, and I don't think that anyone has ever said anything to me about it or laughed at me, at least not to my face. My impression is that, if you're even sort of discrete about it, people don't pay enough attention to notice. I wonder whether you may inadvertantly be doing something to call people's attention to your diaper. I'm not trying to be mean. But if other people noticing bothers you, try being a bit more discrete. Wearing loose pants, keeping your shirt tucked in, and things of that kind will make your diaper difficult for people to notice.

You say that you have people saying things to you all the time about your diaper. Hmm. I've been wearing diapers 24/7/365 for many years, and I don't think that anyone has ever said anything to me about it or laughed at me, at least not to my face. My impression is that, if you're even sort of discrete about it, people don't pay enough attention to notice. I wonder whether you may inadvertantly be doing something to call people's attention to your diaper. I'm not trying to be mean. But if other people noticing bothers you, try being a bit more discrete. Wearing loose pants, keeping your shirt tucked in, and things of that kind will make your diaper difficult for people to notice.

Mine aren't "difficult" to notice, I mean, I make zero effort to hide them. Still, nobody says anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recall anyone ever saying anything to me when I've been out in public wearing a diaper, even a diaper that is noticable under shorts or showing a little out my waistband. I would never be "ashamed", perhaps a little embarresed but I really don't care if people I will probably never see again notices I wear a diaper. People who are rude enough to say anything to you or laugh at you can be put in their place with just two sentances: "I'm incontinent and have no control of my (bladder/bowels) and have to wear diapers. If you were me, tell me just what you would do differently?"

When I go somplace diapered, I don't care if someone notices or not, I wear the diaper for me, not for some stanger, and your right, the alternative is wet or messy pants, if someone is rude enough to ask, but on the other hand, it could be a fellow diaper lover, or AB...who is interested in you.

When I go somplace diapered, I don't care if someone notices or not, I wear the diaper for me, not for some stanger, and your right, the alternative is wet or messy pants, if someone is rude enough to ask, but on the other hand, it could be a fellow diaper lover, or AB...who is interested in you.

We need to come up with some symbol that only other AB/DLs will know. I bet I probably have me at least one, and didn't even know it. If any y'all ever see me in all black with a pacifier, PLEASE, say hi!

• 10 months later...

i have been on the diapers chat room on and off now for just over a year now, i have heard people saying that they are to ashamed to wear diapers in pubilc, why? im incontinant and have been wearing for 4 years now and i used to feel the same way, but now i dont care what people think or say, it does not matter. othier people dont live our lives. and dont feel the we do. we have feelings to, but they dont care about that, they just think it makes them self look good to put someone else down. i have people say things to me all the time, sure they laugh, but when i ask them would it be better for me to stand in a store with urine running down my leg and making puddles on the floor for people to walk through and maybe slip and hurt them self, they answer well o no that would be a bad thing. i also ask them what kind of a person walks a round judging othiers. they walk away.. im saying if your incontinant, ab dl... so what do what you feel is right for you and be happy..dont worry what othiers think, they dont live your life you do. and if your friends are really a friend they will stand by you. i guess over 4 years i have learned a lot about being ashamed, dont be its a waste of time there's nothing to be ashamed of but shame it self...... wear your diapers and be proud of it....idl john.. p.s its not othiers peoples business what you wear under or in the open..

have learned to deal with it and get on with my life. Since I have been back in diapers, I have never had one moment’s embarrassment and the quality of my life has not changed or diminished at all. I occasionally get surprised looks in the locker room at the gym when someone notices that I’m wearing a diaper, but nothing has ever been said, and no one has ever laughed at me. They simply assume that I use them for medical reasons, leave me alone, and go about their business. Experience has taught me that 99.9% of the people you meet every day will never concern themselves with your problems, unless they are somehow involved in them. When I go to the pharmacy and stand in the checkout line with my package of adult diapers, there are no giggles, no whispers, no stupid questions or strange looks. That’s because nobody cares.

I occasionally get surprised looks in the locker room at the gym when someone notices that I’m wearing a diaper, but nothing has ever been said, and no one has ever laughed at me. They simply assume that I use them for medical reasons,

It's not fair to make innocent bystanders uncomfortable like that. You say you're a DL--and therefore you don't need diapers--so why do you wear them in public where you will be seen like that?

How would you like it if someone who was into "water sports" stood up and urinated on his boyfriend in the gym shower? Would you find that appropriate?

You're making us look bad...