LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mom...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just called the hospital and Moms lungs are fillin up again with fluid. Shes considerably weaker and worse than yesterday! Theyve ordered lots of tests on her lungs and her heart and have put other stuff on hold for now!

Im scared to death! I have a bad feeling that my Mom is tired of fighting and too exhausted to fight any longer. Shes 75. I mean, wouldnt anyone be tired of fighting at this point? I sure would. Thats very scary cause only she can fight this. I wish I could do it for her! I would gladly fight any battle for her because I love her THAT much! But I know shes tired, and that to me , is very scary!

Please pray for us still. This is a roller coaster ride and I dont wanna ride anymore. :(

Hugs,

Curious

EXTRA PRAYERS NEEDED PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Now my Mom has fluid around her heart too, which is congested heart failure, which shes had before but in her present state of health, its not good at all! Theyve removed her from her IV fluids and are cuttin way down on her fluid intake hoping that will help! Bless her heart!

Hugs,

Curious

Well I wont be around this morning, because Im goin to go shower and get ready and be up at the hospital for when Mom's dr gets there so I can talk to him! Im not so sure my stepdad gets the right info to pass on to us all the time, so Im goin up just to talk to the dr myself and see what can be done for Mom now. Ill see u all this afternoon. HUGS

Love,

Curious

Curious girl, you need some sleep!!!!! Pericardial-effusion AKA, Fluid around the heart is not that uncommon and certainly not congestive heart failure and is readly treatable (well mostly). Fluid in the lungs is not good although I'm sure that they are doing everything they can.. While I will always pray for you and your family, you must learn that, if your mom loves you that's enough to make everything feel at least somewhat better. My father died when I was three, never knew him never can. I know it's no help in saying that you had your mother 70+ years more than I had my mother and Father, but I had my grandmother, who raised me, she died at 83, so I'm kinda close on years but not the feelings. Everyone is different, familys are different, I just want you to know I care. But prayers and your thoughts wont change what your mother and God needs. I don't mean to sound harsh, because I would rather your Mom be better at what she want's and needs than to have pain, I'm kinda sure you would want that too. Loss is great at this point but tell her you love her and will miss her greatly, then let God and your Mother decide. I never got a chance to say good-bye, you shouldn't either.

You can hate me after this, I'll understand! But I do still care.

P.S. Since when do Doctors have to listen to Nurses??? My 1st Wife was a RN.

The best thing I did for my grandmother was to take her home and let her go to peace in her own bed, as she asked me to do. You can never replace her, but you can remember her the way she was, there for you, as you are for her now! Love ya. Timmy

Repaid my darling,

I would never hate u! HOWEVER :) my mother DOES have CHF! LOL I wasnt throwing that out there as a guesstimate. She does have Congestive Heart Failure and all the IV fluids were not helpin that. And Secondly, my Mom hasnt had a terminal diagnosis.. Shes just havin a rough spell right now..Im not gonna bring her home to die in her own bed Sweetie. We're gonna get her well, with lots of TLC. And then we are gonna bring her home and love the hell out of her for as many days as God lets us! Yep she loves me dearly and all of her other 8 kids and we love her! And that does make things LOTS BETTER yes! TY! :) I guess Im done. Im sorry if Im wearin the boards out with updates but ppl have told me to keep them updated so I do. And lastly, thank you for the observation that I need sleep! INDEED I DO! :) Hugs!

CURIOUS

Curious girl, you need some sleep!!!!! Pericardial-effusion AKA, Fluid around the heart is not that uncommon and certainly not congestive heart failure and is readly treatable (well mostly). Fluid in the lungs is not good although I'm sure that they are doing everything they can.. While I will always pray for you and your family, you must learn that, if your mom loves you that's enough to make everything feel at least somewhat better. My father died when I was three, never knew him never can. I know it's no help in saying that you had your mother 70+ years more than I had my mother and Father, but I had my grandmother, who raised me, she died at 83, so I'm kinda close on years but not the feelings. Everyone is different, familys are different, I just want you to know I care. But prayers and your thoughts wont change what your mother and God needs. I don't mean to sound harsh, because I would rather your Mom be better at what she want's and needs than to have pain, I'm kinda sure you would want that too. Loss is great at this point but tell her you love her and will miss her greatly, then let God and your Mother decide. I never got a chance to say good-bye, you shouldn't either.

You can hate me after this, I'll understand! But I do still care.

P.S. Since when do Doctors have to listen to Nurses??? My 1st Wife was a RN.

The best thing I did for my grandmother was to take her home and let her go to peace in her own bed, as she asked me to do. You can never replace her, but you can remember her the way she was, there for you, as you are for her now! Love ya. Timmy

"I never got a chance to say good-bye, you shouldn't either."

I disagree there tho! I think everyone SHOULD if at all possible, get a chance to say goodbye. Im confused on how just because you didnt get a chance to say goodbye, I shouldnt either.

Anyways, Everyone! Mom was moved out of ICU last night and into a telemmetry room so thats the first big step to getting her home! :) ty for ur concern and for ur prayers! HUGGLES AND KISSIES!

LOVE,

Curious

Repaid my darling,

I would never hate u! HOWEVER :) my mother DOES have CHF! LOL I wasnt throwing that out there as a guesstimate. She does have Congestive Heart Failure and all the IV fluids were not helpin that. And Secondly, my Mom hasnt had a terminal diagnosis.. Shes just havin a rough spell right now..Im not gonna bring her home to die in her own bed Sweetie. We're gonna get her well, with lots of TLC. And then we are gonna bring her home and love the hell out of her for as many days as God lets us! Yep she loves me dearly and all of her other 8 kids and we love her! And that does make things LOTS BETTER yes! TY! :) I guess Im done. Im sorry if Im wearin the boards out with updates but ppl have told me to keep them updated so I do. And lastly, thank you for the observation that I need sleep! INDEED I DO! :) Hugs!

CURIOUS

Curious,

The only thing that is worn out is YOU...the forum is just fine.

Good luck with your mother, hope she gets better still....

Dill Pickle

Moms doin way better but still very weak and frail! She may go either today or tomrrow to a rehabilitation place til she gets her strength back :) . Its very sad cause she wont eat! And We've all told her that If she doesnt she wont get well! I thought she was just sick of hospital food so I asked her nurse If i could bring her something and she said yes! So Saturday I ran to the store , and bought her fave butter, and sour cream, and I made her some grilled chicken, and a baked tater and some broccoli and cheese... and took it to her and she only ate a few bites and my stepdad ate the rest! :(:crybaby: but i guess thats better than her eating nothin! right? Anyway, shes doin better so thats what is important! Keep ur prayers comin out way please! Im so lucky to have so many wonderful friends who love me so much :wub: ! Thanks everyone! I love all of u too! HUGS and I Hope all of u have a wonderful, Merry Christmas and the best year ever in 2007.

HUGS AND KISSIES,

CURIOUS :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Moms doin way better but still very weak and frail! She may go either today or tomrrow to a rehabilitation place til she gets her strength back :) . Its very sad cause she wont eat! And We've all told her that If she doesnt she wont get well! I thought she was just sick of hospital food so I asked her nurse If i could bring her something and she said yes! So Saturday I ran to the store , and bought her fave butter, and sour cream, and I made her some grilled chicken, and a baked tater and some broccoli and cheese... and took it to her and she only ate a few bites and my stepdad ate the rest! :(:crybaby: but i guess thats better than her eating nothin! right? Anyway, shes doin better so thats what is important! Keep ur prayers comin out way please! Im so lucky to have so many wonderful friends who love me so much :wub: ! Thanks everyone! I love all of u too! HUGS and I Hope all of u have a wonderful, Merry Christmas and the best year ever in 2007.

HUGS AND KISSIES,

CURIOUS :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Hi Cur wee ous,

Im so sorry to hear about this. It's allways a pproblem when elderly pee ple lose their apetite, because they often are weakened and have less to resist with than younger pee ple.

But let me tell you this, the time I wokke up after a month in a coma, it took me almost the half of a year before I was able to eat a whole meal. In the beginning I had no apetite atall, later I just feared choking on the food when i swalowed it and feared to throw it all up again because my stomach resisted food (it felt like that).

Hospital did what ever they could to make me eat just a little more, even going as far as letting me choose from a huge menucard each day what I would like to eat. And allthough it often looked good on the car, at times the smell of the food was enough to make me lose apetite again.

What I try to say is, it can take time, but if it gets to bad, they have the posibility to use a feeding tube, or even giving fatty energi enriched intravenious drips.

Specially protein enriched energy drinks are also a posibility, but take care it tastes real bad if your apatite is off from the start.. Milk is about just as good as the protein drinks, so maybe you could see if you could get her started on drinking milk or maybe cocoamilk..

I really hope you'll see some progress soon, I know from my own relatives that its a real horror to watch a loved one slowly getting worse for someting as simple as los of apetite, when they have just recovered from something often much worse.

Let my thoughts be with you

• 4 weeks later...

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT! I so love u guys! Mom is home and doin great! Im exhausted but thats ok! Shes been thru wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than me so I WONT complain! Ty again and please keep the prayers up! She still has a long way to go! :)

Huggles and Kissies,

Curious

• 1 month later...

Well back on the downside of the rollercoaster! Mom went to the hospital today. Her pneumonia is back and she has a cracked verterbrae in her back (she went to the er a few days ago for this) which was made worse this mornin when she missed her recliner and hit the floor! They admitted her back on the telemmetry floor. So we went to see her, shes almost sure shes gonna die this time. Shes in so much pain from her back that all she does is cry, shes sick, shes shakin.. and shes struggling to breathe. Its a sad thing. She told my brother today all her wishes as far and burial, who was to handle it, what was to be done and all.. and she has instructed us to have a family meetin with him to discuss it! So, i think thats her way of tellin us she gives up! I dunno! Everytime the phone rings my heart stops! I told my sister today, Im almost at the point that, rather than keeping her around, for selfish reasons, it'd almost be easier to let her go so that her suffering can stop. Its just so hard to see her struggle for the breath that most of us take for granted.

So if I may, would u please put my dear mother back on ur prayer list. We should could use the extra prayers. thanks everyone.

Curious

...not on a prayer list....

your mom, you and your family are included to my prayers. I pray for the right decisions to make (for you and your family) and that it solves itself, in which direction ever (your mom)

My grandpa was under similar circumstances 15 years ago and I helped my mother with the homecare. I won't go further ...

All the best , whichever way life takes !