LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It won't explode, it would just leak.

It is hard to describe when a nappy is full... It will be very swelled up, and maybe if you feel or look at the back you will see how much of the padding at the back is used. When a nappy is heavily used I also will feel wetter, where I will feel more moisture on my skin sometimes. That is a good indicator that it needs changing as well.

The best way to find out is to experiment, put a towel underneath you and wet till you leak then you will have a better understanding of limits. I had a leak last weekend, this things happen sometimes even to experienced wearers!

• Like 1

The 'signs' vary by brand, fit, and your body position. Most good disposables will only get wet in back near the end. Leaks will happen sooner sitting versus standing. Laying down is usually worst of all. You have to find your limits by experimenting till you leak, carefully observing all felt changes through the process. I can push the limits with my usual diaper because I know it well. Other diapers have caught me out though because I didn't know their signs. If you're where leaks must be avoided stop short to be safe ;)

Bettypooh

Like others have said it varies by brand and only when you get enough experience with that brand will you get to a wet point, if you will, know that it is about to leak and then find a time to change.

SAP takes time to absorb completely, and it;'s not the only absorbent component of diapers. So if you completely saturate a diaper while standing then sit down, you'll often get a "press leak" from squeezing the filler with your body weight. If you sit before the SAP can do it's job that becomes much more likely. The part that makes you feel dry is the lining and wetness passes through it in both directions once the diaper gets saturated. If you hadn't sat down it would probably have held even more!

This is why you simply must experience the results under every condition to know what you can expect. What is safe one way can leak like crazy under another condition. And each diaper absorbs differently so nobody can tell you what to expect. If you absolutely must avoid leaks then the smart thing to do is to stop well short of a leak and change, but you may be wasting half a diaper doing that each time. If you wear 24/7 that gets expensive and troublesome so most of us who always wear have learned what our usual diaper does so we can get the most out of it without leaks. But even then sometimes you may misjudge and sometimes the diaper may fail so if you wear and use long enough you're going to experience an unwanted leak. It just goes with the wearing.

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Bettypooh said:

The 'signs' vary by brand, fit, and your body position. Most good disposables will only get wet in back near the end. Leaks will happen sooner sitting versus standing. Laying down is usually worst of all. You have to find your limits by experimenting till you leak, carefully observing all felt changes through the process. I can push the limits with my usual diaper because I know it well. Other diapers have caught me out though because I didn't know their signs. If you're where leaks must be avoided stop short to be safe ;)

Bettypooh

I'm going to argue at least for males, that laying on your back with your tool in the down position will allow you to use all available absorbant material in the back. So while it's easier to leak while laying down, it's not because of your body keeping the diaper from doing its job. Then standing with your piece in the up position will allow you to soak the upper front part. You can then continue to use it until it starts to feel wet and usually a little more after that but sitting becomes an issue at that point. I routinely soak all the padding by using that method but if I'm awake, I'll do it in reverse order. Dry 24/7s are the way to go.