LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper And Oil Price

that would seem to be the logical direction

to go. but let's not forget that you still need

water proof pants, and plastic bags to carry

dirty diapers in. so it would seem that one

just cant get away from plastics all together.

The store where I buy my Attends hasn't raised its price for a bag in a few years. I keep expecting a price increase but so far I've been fortunate. I assumed the price would increase eventually as the costs associated with shipping increased due to the high costs of fuel.

The plastic cover is petrolium based.

I haven't noticed because I have been wearing cloth diapers, at night, for most of my life.

I wear Mollicare Super 24/7 and every time the oil price goes up the price of mollicare also goes up. What will happen when the price of oil will become so high and also the price of diapers (because the plastic comes from Oil), that the cost of diapers will become unberable !? are we going to Cloth diapers ?

Don't worry be happy! Oil prices are going down.

The President has nothing to do with oil prices. The price of oil is determined by the free market.

Technically the president can also mediate oil prices by openning up the national reserve. BTW, OPEC decided to cut production to RAISE oil prices again.

There is a site that sells cases of a pretty good Kendall brief pretty cheap. In the US and Canada, after shipping, you pay about 50 cents a diaper. www.briefmart.com

I tried rubber pants once. The rubber chaffed my skin.

Are there different types of rubber used?

I tried the KIns rubber pants many years ago

Hi Redneck diaper boy

in answer to your question, yes ! Rubber comes in very many varieties usually indicated by a hardness number called a "shore or shawe" number to indicate its best use-usually on such things as "O" rings and the like.

So in theory "Rubber Pants" will also be made from certain grades of Rubber (softer the better I would have thought !)

A lot of people here use "Rubber Pants" and I think you are the first person I have heard complain about "chaffing" so maybe the grade of Rubber used is now softer ? :)

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY AND RUBBER PANTS"

The best waterproof pants I have used were plasticized coated nylon ones. The waterproofing layer feels almost like rubber.

They don't pick up odors as much as vinyl does,and are really tough. It's also very quiet.

I'm going to sew my batch out of some of it in white,as soon as I can find the supplier that carries it-probably a tent supply.

What you are describing sounds like some of the old Salk pants I wore as a teenager. They were hot in the summer but lasted forever.

The best waterproof pants I have used were plasticized coated nylon ones. The waterproofing layer feels almost like rubber.

They don't pick up odors as much as vinyl does,and are really tough. It's also very quiet.

I'm going to sew my batch out of some of it in white,as soon as I can find the supplier that carries it-probably a tent supply.

Yes, besides the cost of oil to make vinyl products, then there is the fuel charges on several levels. Getting raw materials to production facilities, completed product to warehouses, and then to the consumer. There may be other transfers in there somewhere too. It all adds up.

I believe the real price increse is mainly for the price of Fuel for the trucks that haul them from factory to warehouse to store. everything in your market comes in a truck and is effected by the price of fuel...

If this is the case then lets buy in bulk :roflmao: and cut down on the amount of trips the lorries need to make. :badmood:

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :P

• 2 months later...

Oil is the second highest cost in transportation (after labor). Diapers take a lot of transportation to make, ship to warehouses, ship to suppliers, then ship to you. In general, prices increase when oil increases because the cost of transport increases so much.

• 1 month later...
:o WOW!!! I checked out your web site, You have EXCELLENT prices on your molicares!! You definitely have another customer coming your way soon!! You are a lot cheaper than the company that I deal with now but I do have one question well two questions. How much is shipping? and, How do i set up personalized delivery?

:o WOW!!! I checked out your web site, You have EXCELLENT prices on your molicares!! You definitely have another customer coming your way soon!! You are a lot cheaper than the company that I deal with now but I do have one question well two questions. How much is shipping? and, How do i set up personalized delivery?

Who do you buy from? Magic Medical ships $15 dollars less a case ($54 vice $69.75 from Enduring, and with free shipping, not counting auto) they also will ship plain brown box if you ask, I get mine the next day..no cost.

This has to be the Dumbest thread ever too, well not really :P , just the least researched. Diapers haven't went up in over 3 years, less a modest amount of inflation, in fact Molicares have went from $48 plus shipping to $54 no shipping in the 5 years I have bought them from Magic.

Oil prices haven't reflected the economy in a whole over the months let alone the years (granted a trucking variance which was aborbed by the manufacture 5 years ago..i.e. $3.25 a gallon)..the price variance within a week let alone a month is easily absorbed, by the gross market of scandel in price gouging. If you find your prices are rising within a week or two in the turmoil of oil prices, report it as a fraud, and never buy from such a vendor again.

BTW the president can, but hasn't used the national reserve to adjust oil prices (google the last time), it's there for a national emergency, and this isn't it! The internet is available as the world at your fingertips and the knowledge is there..including the price of your diapers, if your paying too much, it's merely your fault. okay I'm done. (except)

Also D-Peter ( luv ya Buddy), honestly to say you pay alot in taxes is a understatement, and therefor your diapers aren't really free.. :P

• 8 months later...
Guest abenaone

Oil price is unlikely to cause a price increase in any plastic products from a manufacturing perspective, maybe from a shipping perspective, because of the bulk and weight and the use of diesel in ships, planes(yes jet fuel is a form of diesel) and trucking. From a manufacturing perspective, plastics(polymers) can be made from any oil, whether rock oil(petroleum) , or vegetable oil of which we have abundant sources, plastics can also be made from cellulose and many other raw materials. Currently plastics are made from petroleum because of our petroleum economy but theres many cheap sources for plastics, and the parts of oil used for plastics manufacture are from the heavy end of the refinement process, the coke which is nearly given away by oil refiners as an almost waste product, so rest easy we will always have plenty of plastics.

as oil prices skyrocket manufactures will turn to other forms of plastic, although oil at the current means is the most effecient form of plastic, plastic can be made from corn oil and soy oil, transportation will always be a factor but there are other alteritives to the making of the diaper should need arise.

as for oil reserves you need to factor that new production facilties in the Us have not been built since the 70's and are incapable of meeting todays demands at cheap prices. oil drilling of the coast of california and florida have been banned as well as the HUGE supply of oil in the Anwar province in ALaska, so the production and supply is limited becuase people dont wanna see oil drills of the coast and are more concerned ( with some agreemanet on my part) for animals. The president only has athority to tap the emergency reserve but that is still oil from the middle east and such. he cannot force new drilling or new production facilities needed to meet todays demand... that needs to come from us.