LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena Rent Rant

I think it is still cheaper because the material itself is cheaper, the inner plastic sealing is not a real plastic backing like the old one was and I suspect it is cheaper even with the added layer because they can use cheaper and less plastic.

That combined with it being more discreet, which most incontinent and some ABDL people like, has probably prompted the swing to cloth back nappies.

The problems are the quality suffers, padding tends to bunch up and it just doesn't feel as good or secure as the plastic backed versions did which is why I now follow where the plastic backing goes. Right now I wear iD which are great (except for the tapes being too strong) if they go cloth backed I will try and find something else plastic backed. As long as I can find plastic backed nappies (which contrary to what OP said, are still sold in UK and Europe) I will always buy them over any cloth backed alternatives.

Don't know how you feel about plastic pants, but I've had a couple of pairs of these vinyl pants from Arizona Care for several years, and found them to be great at preventing leaks. Admittedly I've only used them overnight, so I have no idea how good they would be for daytime use, but they provide an extra degree of security for cloth-backed Tena Slips

Id slip supers are really good for night time use never leaked once in those, also incontinance supermarket sell a good range of pe backed diapers including all the id slip range and some hybrid attends i find the attends slip m8 are prety good for discrete daytime use whilst still having really good absorancy their website had a button to switch between textil backed and pe backed products which i find handy being as i hate textile backed diapers http://www.incontinencesupermarket.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the abena L4 air on several occasions and it seems like it's about equal to its plastic backed counter part, makes hardly any noise, and at least for the first few wettings it doesn't even feel like you've used it. That said it does have problems with the tapes sticking. The second tapes after you peel the blue tape off seen to have a sort of hooked tooth feeling. Still it's best to wear a pair of tighty whiteys over the top of them to guarantee they stay in place and to take stress off the tapes. Bottom line is I prefer the plastics.