LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ways to calm down

Couldn't find another post on this, but I was just wondering what people have to calm themselves down when they are overwhelmed from anxiety,or other things. I have a few "time out bottles" that I like to use,

Little: Pacifier and sippy cup of juice. Relax in bed in a diaper and try to "nap."

Big: I keep music and comedy albums loaded on my ipad for when I can't sleep or can't clear my head.

• Like 2

I'm a 10+ year sufferer of panic attacks and generalized anxiety, and I can say the best and most consistent method of stopping it in its tracks is slow, methodical breathing. It won't always return me to "calm", but it will take away the edge that can spiral out into full blown panic. And that's often all I need to give me control enough to dip into another coping strategy, such as going out for a walk to clear my head,

• Like 2

It's funny that I saw this topic here because I just opened up a bottle of wine in the name of calming down.

I don't think that I've ever really been in a situation where I 100% lost my cool. But just to manage stress I do everything from taking extra showers (somehow that helps me relax mentally), to meditating (cue the breathing thing), to tuning out of reality (e.g. surfing the web or playing video games). That last one is my favorite! Since I don't have internet (posting via hotspot from my phone, something I do sparingly) yet in my new place, and since I've been SUPER busy this week, I opened up some alcohol. Probably not good to do that as a first resort and/or for minor stressors =o.

• 1 month later...

When I get panicky attackys I may need my teddy or to sit in a dark quiet corner for a while to collect myself. And when I get like flashbacks from my PTSD I reassure myself that I am safe. My diaper does provide me a small sense of comfort though it often seems to get quite a bit wetter when I get those panic attacks... Reading a easy story or doing a simple task may also sometimes help.

I'm stress-free in life, but the world (usually work-related) dumps things on me to try to break me on a regular basis :( So I come home, turn the world off (I only answer calls/texts/emails that I want to) and I do some TV or music as the mood strikes me :P So there, just me and my doggie who always makes me feel better and she also keeps everyone away from the door so I can totally unwind however I like.

I just wish I has a way to turn work off but I gotta keep going as long as I can, just life :mf_swordfight:

Bettypooh