LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wetting While Laying Down.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or a sollution to it. While laying down for bed after drinking about 2 glasses of water, 2 hours into my sleep I wake up and I don't have to go, but my bladder is fuller than full and it sucks because it won't start the sensation to urinate or anything. I've done a LOT of research on the topic and think I found the problem, but I could be wrong. Ok, urin is held in by 2 muscles, and internal sphincter (relaxation of it syncronized with the tightening of the bladder muscle) and the external sphincter. The external sphincter is normally the problem in a lot of cases, and is under concious controll, but is also controlled and tightened by stress and the anxiety of knowing that you're 'not supposed to go unless you're infront of the toilet'. I've been able to relax that muscle at will while laying down, but still nothing flows. Then I figured that I'm just not getting the urge to go and the urge is apparently when the bladder muscle (detreuser muscle) contracts and the internal sphincter (at the bladder neck leading into the urethra) relaxes pushing the urin against the tightened portion of the urethra where the external sphincter surrounds giving the sensation of having to go. So in genneral, while laying down durring sleep, my bladder simply isn't contracting and giving me the sensation of having to urinate. Problem is, that part is automatic and I'm not sure how I could get it to contract while laying down.

So if any of that makes any sense to any of you, do you have an answer? Or maybe the same problem? I've been looking into this for a very long time obviously and am getting kind of ticked off at this whole thing.

So aside from that, I know that I can also come home from doing something, diaper up, and then laydown after already having felt the urge to go and then be able to wet while laying down. So I'm guessing that it's a sleep related thing. I also seem to recall hearing about some hormone that your brain releases while you sleep to inhibit bladder contractions so you don't wet the bed. But I have had no success of getting a name of the hormone or an OTC drug that can reduce it's production. For those that have the same problem, good luck to you all too. Maybe someone can find a way to help out. Thanx

I have had this same problem for ages and Im pretty much incontinent :(

Sometimes when Im lying down I cant seem to go, so my bladder will be filling in my sleep to the point where its painful. Then, as soon as I get up, it instantly releases into my diaper but by then Im awake and uncomfortable so its ruined a good nights sleep :angry2:

It doesnt happen every time, and I poop my diapers with no problem whilst lying down, so I think its related to the bladder muscles or a block I have somewhere. I understand fully the discomfort you're going through and I hope you can get past it. I just wish I could too (Being incontinent is o.k but it sucks when at random moments you stop!)

If your bladder isn't contracting, why are you waking after 2 hours? If it is for some other reason (you've set an alarm clock), they drink more (perhaps with a little caffeine?) to force a contraction.

To me, the problem is just that you've spent around 16 years using and strengthening your bladder muscles, and they're not going to un-train overnight. Don't look for a medical solution, but start a gradual process of moving them in this direction. Some suggestions:

1) Wear diapers as often as possible, and use them as often as possible, with the least amount of thought as possible.

2) If you can, drink lots of water during the day, and after you pee, drink more. Over time, it will give you a minor case of "overactive bladder"...or maybe it begins to shrink yor bladder, I dunno.

3) When in any unnatural position, like laying down, a common technique is to take a deep breath, then exhale slowly, trying to relax your bladder muscles at the same time. When I'm in bed, this can take anywhere from 2 or 3 tries, up to maybe 10 tries, but it does work (with practice).

4) Standing and waiting for a contraction, then laying down quickly as you've been doing, is also a good technique. Keep it going.

Roll all of this together, and I'm sure you'll have a solution in a few months (or less).

Good luck!

Another way to train your mucles to relax and stay relaxed, is to start wetting when you are standing up. Try keeping the flow going while you begin to walk. If you can walk around, go up and down stairs and continue to wet, you will train your mucles to relax a bit when you desire. If you are in bed, you can roll over on your side and begin wetting, then try keeping the flow going as you roll over onto your back. This may or may not help, but the idea is to get the flow going and then maintain it.

Good luck! :)

anothe thing to try is while laying on your back put your heals together and spread your knees out

like a frog this takes a lot of pressure of the male urinary tract.remember with guys it is a much longer route out than with a female and it also has to go up hill.with your legs together there is more pressure on the urethra and prostrate

Well, the fact that I'm a bedwetter means I don't quite have the same problem you do. If, however, I am laying down while awake and diapered, it is sometime sdifficult for me to pee. I wish I had your problem, hehe, dry nights would be nice!

Trust me, its not nice! :( It can be very painful and diturbs a good nights sleep. Also, as soon as I get up I wet my diaper anyway so its not really a dry night. I wish I had your problem

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or a sollution to it. While laying down for bed after drinking about 2 glasses of water, 2 hours into my sleep I wake up and I don't have to go, but my bladder is fuller than full and it sucks because it won't start the sensation to urinate or anything. I've done a LOT of research on the topic and think I found the problem, but I could be wrong. Ok, urin is held in by 2 muscles, and internal sphincter (relaxation of it syncronized with the tightening of the bladder muscle) and the external sphincter. The external sphincter is normally the problem in a lot of cases, and is under concious controll, but is also controlled and tightened by stress and the anxiety of knowing that you're 'not supposed to go unless you're infront of the toilet'. I've been able to relax that muscle at will while laying down, but still nothing flows. Then I figured that I'm just not getting the urge to go and the urge is apparently when the bladder muscle (detreuser muscle) contracts and the internal sphincter (at the bladder neck leading into the urethra) relaxes pushing the urin against the tightened portion of the urethra where the external sphincter surrounds giving the sensation of having to go. So in genneral, while laying down durring sleep, my bladder simply isn't contracting and giving me the sensation of having to urinate. Problem is, that part is automatic and I'm not sure how I could get it to contract while laying down.

So if any of that makes any sense to any of you, do you have an answer? Or maybe the same problem? I've been looking into this for a very long time obviously and am getting kind of ticked off at this whole thing.

many have the same problem even if there are bed wetters for real for some reason it shuts of the tube try laying on right side so youhave gravity working with you and not agasint you

So aside from that, I know that I can also come home from doing something, diaper up, and then laydown after already having felt the urge to go and then be able to wet while laying down. So I'm guessing that it's a sleep related thing. I also seem to recall hearing about some hormone that your brain releases while you sleep to inhibit bladder contractions so you don't wet the bed. But I have had no success of getting a name of the hormone or an OTC drug that can reduce it's production. For those that have the same problem, good luck to you all too. Maybe someone can find a way to help out. Thanx

sowwy to say this, but me hab neber had a problem wetting whilst laying down, i can wet my nappy in any position! i wet the bed till around the age of 9, then for some reason i just stopped, but on very rare occasions i do have a wet bed, i only wear nappies if im feeling babyish, so if i wore them everynight maybe i wouldnt have those rare accidents, well, i would still have them but it wouldnt be a problem cos of the nappy! I think sometimes my baby side is so strong that i dream i am a baby even when im not intending to be, so if i dream im a baby, i obviosuly think im in my nappy so i just relax n thats when i get wet sheets, n to be honest ive never understood why some people want to wet the bed, it isnt nice at all! does the fact that i can wee in my nappy very easily in any position mean i am slightly incontinent? also my bladder is odd, i seem to store lots in my bladder and only need to pee when my bladder is full to bursting, when i need to go, i really gotta go, it sort of hurts and i have to run to the toilet, and sometimes i dribble a bit even before i can get mr winkie out, should i see a doctor about this?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any trouble wetting while I'm lying down. One problem I do have is, at night, while I'm lying down and wetting my diaper, the pee dosen't distribute evenly. I have to lie on my back during one time of release and then on my stomach during another to evenly saturate the diaper. It does disturb my sleep somewhat , but I don't know of another way to do this. :o

Most of the time I can wet naturally on my back but sometimes can not wet when on my belly. If I get up on my knees in a crawling position and relax it seems to come out more naturally.

Relaxation and rewarding yourself when you do wet is a good start.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, I find it funny how I'm like merging my topics together, if you read my other topics you'll see a refference to all 3 of my other main topics in them, kind of funny. But anyway, I've been doing some reasearch and messing around with feeling and relaxation. I am a male, so does anyone know if the relaxation of the external sphincter or assistant sphincters could trigger sexual arrousal and the prostate to close off the link to the bladder so it can prepair for sex? I know of some kind of switch in the male sexual reproductive/urinary system that makes it so you can only urinate or only ejaculate, not both at once. So last time I tried to manually relax my sphincter and let go, I could feel a familiar feeling of being excited down there which set it up so I couldn't pee. on another note, does anyone know how the urge to urinate works? First I assumed that it was when your bladder squeezed and pushed urin against the external sphincter, but when I realized that I had relaxed my external sphincter and still had the urge to urinate, then that was no good. lol. I just kept mentaly feeling around and there was this one muscle I coudln't relax no matter what I believe it's right above my external sphincter, possibly my internal sphincter or baldder sphincter. But that sphincter is supposed to relax when the bladder squeezes, so I'm not quite sure. Aside from that, I wan't to know what that stupid wall is that I can't relax so I can figure a way around it. If anyone knows that much about human anatomy, help is appreciated. Thanks all

Oddly enough, what worked for me, to get me started, was to have a bowl of warm water at the head of the bed... and for whatever reason, when I put my hand all the way in the bowl, I could go while laying down. I'd always heard of this as a camp trick to make someone wet the bed, figured it might be worth a try. And at least for me, it worked! After doing that a few times, I found I could go without it.

Maybe somebody else can be more precise, but AFAIK if you're not getting a hint of an erection, there shouldn't be any hidden forces at work. During the ~2 years I put my diapers aside, I was often still masturbating to one diaper fantasy or another. When I started wearing them again a few months ago, this put me in the awkward situation that when I'm sleeping and get the urge to pee, I wake to both a bursting bladder and a stiffy. :( At 19, your system may still have a hair-trigger on it, but being awake should certainly help.

How long have you been trying the "wetting while laying down" thing? A few months? How regularly do you wear and wet a diaper, roughly once a day or less often? I'm out of practice, but using the "deep breath, then exhale slowly and relax muscles" trick always works for me, although it can take up to a couple minutes. A few nights ago I wet my diaper while laying on my stomach, for the first time in years. In that position, I've always assumed you tend to, umm, crimp the mechanism, so that certainly felt like progress. I still think you just need to give it more time.

When I was in high school, I practiced for over year at raising my eyebrows independently (aka. Mr. Spock), and did eventually get control over those muscles. Yeah, it's likely possible to gain better control over the bladder sphincter...but only with lots of practice.

Here's a suggestion that just came to mind: have you ever tried full-body relaxation exercises? Sometimes high school gym classes or health classes will do this. Basically, you lay on your back, making yourself as comfortable as possible, then begin by relaxing your feet, then maybe 30 seconds later, your calves, thighs, etc. and slowly work the whole way up and remain in that state for several minutes. That's the kind of relaxation I apply to my groin area, hoping to hit the sphincter, too. Perhaps worth a try?

Hmm, relaxation exercises is actually what got me to relax my sphincter. Basically, durring the day at work, I pee in the toilet, and try to remember the exact muscle set from when I'm going. Then while at home, I lay down and try to get the exact same muscle set back and for a time it works, except for that one muscle that I keep talking about. Honestly, it feels like a wall and the only trigger that will let it open is when I stand up or get into crawling position, or ofcourse am infront of the toilet. So I think it's a training thing, where I do need more practice. However, I'll turn my monitor to face my bed and lay down on my back while diapered and play a game and drink a LOT of water, durring the game I get an intense urge to go even while laying down. So I think it also has to do with mind focusing, rather then focusing on urinating, I think I shoud focus on other things and try to let it happen, but however it's hard not to focus on it when you're waiting for it.

I've stopped and started night diapers a number of times, and always I find that after a long "dry spell", it's become difficult again to wet while lying down. But each time, with a bit of practice, it becomes easy again... the skill seems to come back a little bit more quickly each time.

There are a few things that I've found that help. One is, you have to not worry about leaking. Two things can help with this: 1) wear diapers so thick and absorbent that I simply have no worries; 2) psych myself up to believe, deep down, that it really doesn't matter if I leak. Or 3) both. I've always found that when the worries about what might happen if I flood my diaper are eliminated, it becomes much easier to do it.

For 1, I recommend cloth diapers if you can get them; they're absorbent on the sides, as most disposables aren't, and you can double or triple them and be sure that they won't leak no matter how much you wet. You might also think about putting a plastic sheet on the mattress, to eliminate any worry that the mattress will be damaged. For 2, go ahead and talk to yourself--right out loud!--and affirm that it's okay to wet the bed, that it's good to wet as freely as you want to, and that if you leak, that just means you did a really good job of it. In your mind, you can think of it as a game, a challenge to yourself, to see if you can wet so much the sheet gets wet. Want to wet that much. Help yourself to feel proud. If you have a supportive partner, perhaps s/he can reassure and encourage you as well.

Here's the other idea. Every time you pee, on the toilet or in your diapers, but especially when you wet while lying down, you do something else at the same time. You could try thinking of a phrase over and over while you're peeing (like "wet baby wet baby wet baby", or whatever you like). Or, what I did was to suck the tip of a finger. After a while, the feeling of sucking that finger was associated with the feeling of wetting, and I found that I could bring on the wetting more quickly by sucking the finger.

Good luck!

Ok, I'm deturmined, perhaps too deturmined. I've heard about everyone saying that incontinents is bad and after a week or so, you'll lose the want to become incontinent and want to just switch it off when you want. My main reason for wanting to control my sphincter at will is just that, I want to be able to let go when and where I want and still have control while not wearing. Aside from that, I don't think hypnosis works (warpmymind.com, and Socalab) as well as they advertize. Some people are just susseptable to suggestions and stuff. And yet I've been meditating since first grade when I figured out how to do it and it made me feel 'funny' and that messes with my ability to enter trance, so for me it's out of the question. I just wish that there was some way to gain complete control over my bladder to only wet when I want to, and the problem is still the urge to go. I have no idea how to induce the urge and if I could find a way to induce it every time, then there we go, but I can't and apparently nobody else can either. Aside from all that, I've gotten a bit closer looking at some online articles on anatomy and stuff. Apparently your body tightens the internal sphincter (muscle at the bladder neck) when you get an erection (obviously for dudes only), and you still have the ability to pee as long as the erection is not pleasure induced (such as morning glory) However, if it is pleasure induced, then the bladder sphicter muscle tightens to it's max and there is no way to urinate until you are on the down fall from either climax or idle time not involving arrousal. So that prettymuch answeres why I wake up and cannot wet. Because I wake up rather 'happy' that my diaper is on and it keeps me arroused and thus no matter how relaxed my external sphincter is (lastnight I actually got my abdomen to automatically contract because I relaxed all but the stupid internal sphincter muscle so my body thought I was peeing when I really wasn't). So the ONLY way to urinate at the waking of a full bladder is to either not have an EXTREMELY full bladder (cause then the internal sphincter is 'afraid' to relax due to the response time and strength required to keep that much urine in), or not being 'excited', and I wake with both of those. Also, I'd recommend that whoever is interested just lie there and visualize all the muscles in your lower urinary tract as you feel they are tightened and relax them all, you'd be surprised at how many muscles play a part in the storage of urine.

I have been experimenting the last couple of weeks, with different disposable garments, some times i wear a boots stay dry diaper with a size 6 nappy as a soaker inside, some times wearing a huggies dry nite 8-15 pant with a dize 6 nappy as a soaker.

I wet my nappy like a trooper last night. I was wearing a huggies dry night 8-15 with a size 6 nappy inside with a pair of plastic pants on the outside. I went to bed with a full bladder and made sure the little man was inside the nappy. Half way through the night needed to go big time, so just pushed and forced it out and it filed the nappy, all nice and wet and heavy.

Woke up and suddenly thought i had just dreamed of wetting, but got up and started to walk, but was just a waddle, and the nappy just fell down inside the plastic pant, so i knew it was not a dream.

Going to buy some tena slip today as ok with nappy but you have to be accurate that the pee stays in the nappy, where as the tena slip is designed for adults so the wetness will stay inside the leak guards.

• 5 months later...

BOO!!! ghost thread, brought it back from the dead. So I've done a little bit more experimenting and all and lastnight I tried listening to one of those hypnosis tapes, and before hand (like half an hour before) I drank about 2 x-large fast food cups full of water. Well, I notice that when I drink watter, I get pain when my bladder is full, but no urge till I stand. That could be the problem. I guess acidity has something to do with your bladder wanting to get rid of urine, and since water is neutral as neutral gets, it's a last priority to your bladder to release? Perhaps I'll load up on cran berry juice and give that a try. Anyway, I never seem to keep the pace up on listening to those hypnosis tapes to where they have any effect what so ever. Plus, again, my doubts of me being able to be hypnotized since I'm always aware and expecting something to happen. I'm gonna try to keep it up this time every night, despite the distraction of itching all over, falling asleep in the middle of listening to it...etc... Hopefully I'll make some progress sooner or later. Oh, btw I'm using the SocalAB one with the female voice that makes you only wet uncontrollabely in your diaper.

One thing I think I'm missing is the fact that it does take a lot of practice to even be able to wet in any possition. I figured that the one muscle that I can't open is actually the external sphincter. If I imagine that theres a funnel right below my bladder, where the internal sphincter is, and that it's slowly opening the bottom of the 'funnel', I tend to get the urge to go, and yet I can't seem to relax it. However keeping the same muscles relaxed, I'll turn over on my belly and get into crawl mode and I'll get the overwhelming feeling to go, and then I can so I do. So finally a conclusion...it must be training. Oh and plus, around christmas time, I successfully wore for 2 months strait at night time only and wet the bed once, but then my interest faded a little in DLism like it does if I wear a lot (kind of like a binge purge, but more like unballanced wearing to not wearing). But now I'm back and still trying to figure this out all the way.

I find the bigest worrie for me is that i'm going to leak. Somtimes I also find it hard to go unless I make myself go. And while I'm going, I'm worrying about leaking. However last night I used a diaper (not a pull up like I usualy do) and put in one extra pad (with the back cut to alow it to seep into the diaper) and just taped it realy tight. When I woke up and had to go, first I laid on my side, I was sure i was leaking, but hoped I was wrong. Then I had to go again, I find it takes seral times when I'm laying down, this time I moved onto my front. I didn't think I would leak that way, and it felt almost the same, so I was realy hoping I hadn't leaked the first time.

In the morning when I go up, the bed was dry :boxing: .

But I was wet :thumbsup: . I'm learing it's hard for me to tell if I've leaked or not, since i'm wet either way. I don't mind being wet. But I don't want to ruin the bed, nor do I realy want to upset my wife.

So anyways, in response to the topic, I find you just have to make yourslef go. I'll try it again tonight, and we'll see how it gose. :D

I don't mind being wet. But I don't want to ruin the bed, nor do I realy want to upset my wife.

Just as a quick side note, I asked my wife how she was feeling and adjusting to my being a DL, and including that in our life now.

Her answer "Depends"

:Crylol:

For the record, she was serious, in that she's still adjusting, she's just not freaked out anymore. But it was still funny.

Wetting whilst laying done seems to go in fits & starts, sometimes easy, sometimes not! It really depends on my mood and how relaxed I feel, the more relaxed, the easier it is. I have found that after waking in the night and wetting my nappy before going back to sleep, the following morning it does often feel like the wetting was a dream (albeit a nice dream at that!).