LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stupid me got my first speeding ticket in 10 years or more

I am on disability and work part time my disability check covers all but 2 bills I'm expecting a check to cover the bill and I've been sick for 7 weeks and out of work my paychecks from work are under $100 and barely covers the two bills. I'm going to ask for a break from the judge. I'm thinking I may have to pay the fine by jail time and I think the pound will watch my dogs for free like they did when there was a false Warrant for my arrest was let out 2 days later with so sorry and no lawyer would sue for false arrest. I'd hate to see my dogs in the pound. I know I did this to my self.

Sorry to hear you got that speeding ticket. I barely scrape by myself and wouldn't be able to afford a speeding ticket or any other ticket for that matter. I'd have to do jail time as well.

I don't recieve disablity as I'm not disabled. But I'm self employed doing scrap metal here and their while looking for other jobs. So far haven't found much of anything out there.

Ask the Cop for a break before you see the Judge ;) If he recommends leniency, you'll get it. Otherwise the Judge may be forced to hand down a 'standard or 'minimum' sentence. My tag had expired because the tax people never sent a notice thus the highway department didn't either. That I had an expired tag couldn't be argued and I had to pay the minimum- $75 at the time- which caused me to miss a few meals. It was only later that I learned the trick :( Oh well. And they say we don't have a debtor's prison system anymore- A lie if there ever was :angry:

Talk to the town's prosecuting attorney BEFORE court and try to work a deal out with him, since he/she is the prosecutor in your case. Often times, depending on your driving history, and if your jurisdiction offers it, you can get traffic school instead of paying the fine. You might also be able to get a deferred judgment/sentence. Of course, if you have a bad driving history, this greatly diminishes your chances of getting any sort of deal.

I don't think there will be a prosecuting attorney. Its speeding ticket not a criminal offense. At least here in Pa it's like that. Just you and the judge. If your fighting it then the cop too.

Your right except the cops usually do go unless I try to fight it and then they'd set a new court date and get me a public defender. And I would lose big cause the radar is accurate and my fine would be bigger and have to pay for the courts time. Although I could get there early and plead my case for a break to the prosecutor and see if he would plead for a break to the judge on my behalf I never thought of that it's to bad you can't get a public defender unless you fight it.

You need to make your moves early- not on the day of the hearing- by then nobody will want to upset the flow of things :rolleyes: Begin where it began- the Cop. Call the department and leave a message asking them to call you. When they do, explain immediately then you know you were in the wrong, then explain that you can't afford the fine (mention the disability) and ask if they will help you try to reduce it. If you've been nice up till now there's a good chance they will cut you some slack. After that call the prosecuting court and ask about payment plans anonymously. The reason for 'hiding' is that it's public info so that shouldn't matter and that you may want to use that along with the reduced fine which the Cop may not like too much. The usual sequence is ruling then payment or payment plan, so you follow that approach too ;)

I automatically read speeding ticket, guess my brain corrected it. If the OP was caught sewing seeds on public property I doubt there is any hope for him! :) (Got a ticket myself a few months back, had to pay the fine, it sucked.)

So sorry my smart phone has a mind of its own I don't catch them all the time there was was two typeos in main post I fixed them. And to clarify I'm not giving my dogs to the pound they have a special program that they will watch them for free while in jail or hospital bill I think they charge the wealthy ones. This was a long time ago that I was falsely arrested and they watched my dog so I am hoping they still do it

Someone who has gotten millions of tickets... fight that shit. Even if they have evidence if that LEO doesn't show up you walk

If I had a high dollar lawyer I would cause the city cop was technically out of his jurisdiction the highway doesn't run through the town it just outside the town legally he can pull you over but contact the highway patrol. The highway patrol put a stop to the cops in my town pulling over people on the highway but the cops started to do it again a few years ago they don't patrol the highways as much as they used to the highway patrol are pretty protective of their territory. The highway patrol can pull you over anywhere they want cause they are the state police. But knowing my luck even a high priced lawyer would not win. The court system does do things legal he'll the cops here don't inform you of your rights when arrested I know because I did some stupid things in my early twenties. I've decided my best plan of action is to do what I said above. And Betty I would do it earlier if the courts were open on weekends but then again here you have to appear before the judge the next morning witch makes it hard to talk to the prosecutors.

Someone who has gotten millions of tickets... fight that shit. Even if they have evidence if that LEO doesn't show up you walk

Not around here unless you have a lawyer. Lack that and if the Cop doesn't show as expected the Judge "reschedules" the cases which were to be heard that day by the Cop before the Court session is called. The Magistrates here are based on "common law" so they have more leeway to make independent decisions like that, and unless you know the right words to say and the right way to say them in, you just get screwed. They can accept a common-language objection but they don't have to so they don't :bash: That's why my state has the highest percentage of it's population incarcerated of them all :o That;s why when I need a lawyer I spend big- around here that matters most of all because they know where to hand off that chunk of money you gave them. You can literally get away with murder here- if you can afford it <_<

Bettypooh the legal systems here do things illegally. Most states get you a lawyer if you can't afford one when you arrested before the very first court sappearance to get you a chance at bond. Not here they get you a lawyer after the first court date and bond is denied. Then you go to the higher court with your lawyer and second court does the same thing but depending on how serious the charge is bond is significantly lowered or your released on OOR and then you go through several court dates. As for tickets they don't care if you have enough time to get a lawyer.

Radar tickets can sometimes be beaten- you'd be surprised how many small towns units are past their calibration date and thus legally not acceptable as evidence. Other factors come into play, too many to list, but you'd have needed to not them as it all happened so it's too late for that. I got clocked at 135MPH once but the cop couldn't be sure it was me :blush: Once he finally got turned around and caught up with me about 5 minutes later he had me solid at 80 in a 50 zone. Decent guy and a bit of conversation I got that written up as 60 in a 50 zone provided I agreed to not fight the ticket, which I was more than happy to do. Good thing the Cop was a gearhead! :whistling:

The cops generally ALWAYS show up - it is often overtime for them, many departments require it and it gets them off the street for a few hours.

In this part of the world, the tickets one officer writes are grouped together so that the officer attends court for multiple people.

Most police departments can't afford to send the officer to court on just one ticket for one person.

No lawyers are allowed. The officer is the prosecutor and is the evidence also, You are the defense.

When you receive the court date notice, go file an affidavit with the court requesting the date be changed as you will be unavailable on the original date. There will be a small fee to file.

If the officer doesn't show up, there is no evidence to convict.

I've had plenty of tickets in the past too. The cop NEVER shows up to those hearings. Quite often you can tell the judge your speeding doesn't happen too often and ask the judge for leniency in the ticket cost if you plea "no contest". That means no points on your license and no admitting you were actually speeding. It only means you'll pay what is agreed upon (often just the court costs of $75 or at least a lower amount of the ticket). Once the deal is made with the judge you then go to a cashier and work out the payment method. They prefer cash or money order and may take a debit or credit card as well, however; sometimes you can also work out a payment plan with the cashier as well (though they will add fees to that).

ps. I've learned in my area at least that the allowable speed limit on the interstate is actually 79 mph (posted at 65). If you do 80 then you will get pulled over. Doing 79 I can pass a cop right up and have no problems. (15 over puts you into a higher speeding bracket which means they get more money for their quotas). I had to learn to just set my cruise control to get that low of a speed, but it does work. If not, then my lead foot has me doing 90+ when ever it's safe enough (traffic not too heavy, no rain, good tires, etc).