LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Issues

I finally got around to buying diapers with tapes as oppose to pull ups. They are still pretty crappy store diapers, but I think I'm moving in the right direction (baby steps, ya know?). Anyway, I am having an issue that I didn't forsee... I don't actually know how to put a diaper on, especially not on myself. I've tried a few times, but its always felt weird, not as snug as everyone talks about, and not as secure as pull ups. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to diaper myself.

Everyone does it a little differently, but for me I start with the upper left tape. Then across from it I take the front of my diaper between my thumb and fingers of my right hand, pulling it tight as my left hand pulls the tape across over it and sticks it. I kind of 'iron' the tapes with a fingertip so they stick firmly. I do the same again but by squeezing the connection between thumb and finger rubbing it together. Lower tapes are kind of the same :) If you stall can't get it snug, try doing the tapes while holding an 'exhaled' breath.

For me, I've found that taping the bottom tapes while standing against the wall, then laying down and securing the rest eorks for me. But, as mentioned above, it takes some time to figure out what will work for you. A lot will depend on what you will be doing in your diaper. (Walking, sitting, standing etc...)

If you search for videos on YouTube, there should be some excellent videos that show how to put on a diaper. Diapering an adult (or yourself) is about the same as diapering a baby...without as much squirming. Watch the videos and try out several methods. Then decide which one(s) work best for you. I use cloth diapers and taught myself how to put them on, so it can't be too difficult to learn.