LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

cloth or plastic

I know this question has probably been asked dozens of times, but I'm curious to know, do you prefer plastic backed diapers or cloth diapers? And why so? For what particular situations? The reason I asked is because I'm torn between the two decisions. I hope this post isn't too wordy or dry, I'm very new to this, as well as a new member :-)

Cloth like stretch more and need readjustment more often. And they can weap urine out. But are cooler in the summer. Plastic performs better as far as protection and not stretching as bad. I prefer plastic myself. Usually plastic runs cheaper too. Also cloth tend to chaif more.

i agree with DiapermanAL and Timmy, however i think this may become a generational thing. Up until i was 50 or so, i was a staunch birdseye-prefold-real-cloth-diaper and plastic panties purest, because that was what i grew up with, it has only been in the last several years that i began to appreciate disposables at all. With all the baby diaper companies moving away from plastic backed diapers i am sure as future ABDLs grow up, most of the ABDL community will be similarly moving to cloth-like disposables. If it's a 'thing' for you (i particularly like the feel of tight plastic or rubber over a swelling or sagging diaper, but if you are young enough it may be that the feel of a cloth-like diaper brings certain nostalgic feelings), that's what you should go for.

I wear one plastic backed diaper a day. The cloth backed ones are cooler but I don't

care for them. Being on a fixed income I use cloth diapers and PUL pants the rest of

of the time. Plus cloth is what I grew up with.

I like cloth when I want to feel the extra bulk and weight. They are also better at absorbing more overnight.

I do like plastic more though. I like the feel of the soft plastic and how they expand and get squish when wet. They are also more convenient.

I do not like cloth like diapers though, especially the pull ups. They stretch too easily, do not absorb very much or very fast, and they are simply not waterproof on the sides. They tend to leak a lot more too.

I prefer plastic backed disposable diapers for many reasons. First, these are the diapers I wore in childhood and grew attached to having to wear them at an older age. The premium plastic backed diapers remind me of the the pampers I wore in the 1970s and I always felt safe and secure in those diapers and feel the same way today. Plastic backed diapers are also better at containing multiple wettings and other accidents that tend to leak more with cloth backed diapers. I like the subtle crinkle noise made by plastic backed diapers and will muffle it when wearing in public with plastic pants. Finally, I like the look and feel of plastic backed diapers and the way they make me feel babyish.

The OP said cloth diapers. This is generally considered to mean actual cloth diapers. Cloth backed disposables are often referred to as pullups or cloth like disposables, which were not mentioned. Obviously plastic backed diapers would also be disposables.

I'm taking that he means disposable vs cloth.

I like the plastic backed version the cloth like backing ones fall off my waist no matter how many times I readjust them cause they stretch. The cloth like backing ones leak through the cloth like backing. The plastic backed version slides when sitting or sleeping and the cloth like backing ones don't. So the plastic backed version is easier to move when sleeping or sitting down. So even if they could fix the stretching issue and make the cloth like backing ones fit better I'd still use the plastic backed version.

i agree with DiapermanAL and Timmy, however i think this may become a generational thing. Up until i was 50 or so, i was a staunch birdseye-prefold-real-cloth-diaper and plastic panties purest, because that was what i grew up with, it has only been in the last several years that i began to appreciate disposables at all. With all the baby diaper companies moving away from plastic backed diapers i am sure as future ABDLs grow up, most of the ABDL community will be similarly moving to cloth-like disposables. If it's a 'thing' for you (i particularly like the feel of tight plastic or rubber over a swelling or sagging diaper, but if you are young enough it may be that the feel of a cloth-like diaper brings certain nostalgic feelings), that's what you should go for.