LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I can't hold down a job =(

Paxaman

Hey all, hope you are doing well. I guess you could say I just lost my 3rd job since I have started working. Here's my work history...I first started working in the food service in 2010 (first job ever) and I did not mind it. However after 4 years of working there I quit and got a new job at a fancier and nicer restaurant.

you are doing better than me, i was fired for doing the right thing, at a krogers, there was safety violations and i couldnt just say it to the brass and let it drop, im on SSI, and i hate it, i found out they have something called "ticket to work" which is basically a vocational rehab thing, as much as i hated to, i swallowed my pride and signed up for it so i can get off it, now i got a caseworker that will help me get and hold a job, and part of signing up or it involved seeing a psychologist of theirs who diagnosed me with high functioning autism(which explains a hell of a lot)

If you live in the US you can apply for SSDI or SSI for your hearing loss and OCD now you may get turned down the first-time but you can get a lawyer that specializes in the appeal process and appeal it. I got a lawyer and got my SSDI cause I to had a hard time holding a job.

Eh...not really interested in government assistance (no offense intendend at all.) I want to try and hold down a job, it's been my dream for a while lol. I did it for 4 years at a pizza company so I know I can do it

It's all about attitude. How you see a job directly relates to how you approach that work, and that determines how well you do the work and how well the company likes your presence. Another factor is your ability to do a given job. You aren't planning on staying with any job you get- you have future plans that are taking you elswhere. This may impact your job performance and that will be seen by an employer. You may have to make an effort to overcome that characrteristic; it's hard to stay motivated when you know there's no reason to in the long term :whistling: Make it a point to excel in anything you do and remember that anything worth your effort is also worth your best effort :thumbsup: Look for clues in the workplace to self-judge your performance. Are you doing as well as the others doing the same job? If not figure out why and work on that. Especially pay attention to what your employer tells you about your job performance; right or wrong your job is to give them what they ask for the way they want it. You don't have to like it, you just have to do it for if you don't they will find someone else who will :(

• Like 1

I can tell you two things that I would say given my knowledge of your current situation.

One, a job at Best Buy is probably a waste of time. You got money saved up, so you should finish your AA, then move on with your life and get your law degree. You will need to get experience in your career, which is something I would do when I start the law degree. Be prepared though, law degrees are expensive and you may not make as much money as you think when you graduate so I hope you are not in it for the money.

That brings me to my second point. Holding down a job is the wrong attitude. Your objective is to always grow in your job. You want to learn new skills that will be applicable to your current and future jobs/career as well as improve on the strengths and mitigate the weaknesses you bring to your job. You will have to be dedicated, which means you will have to enjoy your job at least part of the time. If you cant do those things, then you will have difficulty holding a job down.

Paxaman:

I see no bad advice above, but I have some additional thoughts:

First, I have read an excellent book called "What color is your parachute?"..it is all about jobs and careers.

Second, the job market for lawyers is really bad.