LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

tried but just can't.... sniff

I have recently been trying to go poopie in my diaper. I've tried oatmeal and I loved the feeling of that but the insertion was messy and took away from the actual act. I've tried high fiber, natural stool softeners and even out of desperation attempted a laxative. Despite the high need to go, I am unable to break the psychological link. All that happens is increasingly high cramping. I tried sitting on the potty while wearing and it still didn't work....

The first time is pretty hard. I don't like to mess, but I've tried it before. The first time that I tried it I had to sit on the potty for a while before I could get anything out. Took a lloonngg time and a few tries. You're doing the right things, it just takes a lot to get over it the first time. It's almost as if the unconscious is saying "I don't care what kind of diaper you're wearing, for the past x years it's been potty and I'M NOT BREAKING THIS HABIT EASILY!"

Yup, getting past that mental block can be a pain. It's a result of all your previous 'potty training' and all the 'wrong' info your parents used to get you to use the potty instead of your pants and get you out of diapers :badmood:

A couple of things you might try, is eating some dried prunes, or a lot of them, or drinking a batch of prune juice. I don't know why it works, but it does, and turns everything into liquid, and causes urge cramps that really can't be ignored...and you almost 'have to' do it somewhere, just be ready for when it happens, with in about an hour or less of ingestion....plus it's god for you! :D

The other and more important, is a mental mindset. Just run the thoughts through your mind that: YOu ARE going to do this and IT'S OK TO DO SO!

It really is OK, and this will help you relax and give into the urges to go, where ever you are and what ever you are wearing, (preferably a diaper, which helps with containment and clean up)

So give those 2 a shot...a positive mind set of giving yourself permission (it's OK) and eat a bunch of dried prunes or drink a glass or 3 of prune juice...and hang on.... it might be a messy ride :thumbsup:

Good luck, and keep us appraised of your success or if you need anymore help.... 'K?

Thank you for the feedback. I'm not a diabetic, so I may try the marshmallow trick.

I thought that might be my problem, beallucanb, so I was wearing nothing but I diaper and an old t-shirt and I tried it in numerous places in the house - including but not limited to the bathtub.

I really appreciate the help... I guess I'll keep trying. So frustrating because others seem to be able to do it so easily.

It "appears 'easy now simply because those of us who partake in this have been 'dooing' it for a rather long time. :blush: Like anything, there is a learning curve, and you just have to un-learn something that was drilled into your head long ago....it will happen, it just takes time and practice....like anything else. ;)

I was actually potty trained at a very young age (under 1 year) and have never had an issue with bowel issues. My grandmother says it was done because I would fight to be out of diapers at 9 1/2 - 10 months (there are pictures of me at 1 year without any type of padding on, so I am forced to believe her).

Just a thought from reading through. Maybe the thought that your Daddy might not like it holds you back too. Daddy knows best and us littles follow their guidance. If you think he won't approve then in the back of your mind that might be putting the brakes on. Bring it up in a joke and see what his reaction is. Maybe it'll lead onto a conversation and whole new lot of play.

Best wishes with whatever you do.

As a complete alternative to many of the suggestions about, personally I would try to avoid laxatives / stool softeners / suppositories, because they can potentially make your first experience painful or extra messy. I can't imagine that it would be a good introduction if you get cramps and uncontrollably sloppy mess, while you're trying to ease yourself into the mindset that it's just like using the potty only better. Messing isn't normally like that and it might put you off.

• 3 weeks later...

Ask the question of why you are afraid to poop, then answer it. Are you scared of getting caught? One thing I've heard that some people try is to put on a diaper and sit on the toilet and go. If you can poop in the toilet, then there is definitely a mental block that is preventing you from doing it in your pants. Hope it works out for you.

I think you're going about this the wrong way. If you're so nervous about pooping in a diaper, all the elaborate suppositories and whatnot are making you more nervous. (I find oatmeal fun enough to just dump in the diaper instead of inserting it) Eat plenty of fiber and then just wait until you need to poop; a regular old poop, then put on a diaper. Just relax and push! The psychological block is just that; a mental thing. If you tell yourself that you want to do this, then relax the muscles and it will happen. If you can't, then you really don't want to.

• 2 weeks later...

You gotta eat to poo. Eat bunches of fiber foods, oatmeal etc. for a day then buy a bottle of mag citrate at the drug store. Drink that and a couple glasses of water and dress appropriately for in 2-4 hours you WILL poop. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Finally happened!!!!

As I type, I am happy to report that I am squatting in my poopy diaper!!!!!! Daddy is gone out of town and so I decided to have a bit of "little fun". I diapered up, put on 2 full piece bathing suits and then decided that was it for the day.

I had been making smelly farts but figured nothing of it. I went looking for something, squatted going through a bag and tried to fart..... But it felt like the start of a poo so I just kept pushing. It wasn't easy but I did it!!!!!!

I'm going to sit and enjoy my success for a few minutes before cleaning up and rediapering.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. In the end, it was mind over matter!!!!!

• Like 1

Finally happened!!!!

As I type, I am happy to report that I am squatting in my poopy diaper!!!!!! Daddy is gone out of town and so I decided to have a bit of "little fun". I diapered up, put on 2 full piece bathing suits and then decided that was it for the day.

I had been making smelly farts but figured nothing of it. I went looking for something, squatted going through a bag and tried to fart..... But it felt like the start of a poo so I just kept pushing. It wasn't easy but I did it!!!!!!

I'm going to sit and enjoy my success for a few minutes before cleaning up and rediapering.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. In the end, it was mind over matter!!!!!

Thank you both for your concern... It wasn't a diapering thing, it was a me thing. It's been like that all week so far - undiapered. My body has it's own rhythm and goes through this cycle regularly. I've been known to be sat on a toilet for an hour or so, sweating and getting the chills but being unable to go. It's no biggie, dietary changes don't affect it.