LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Homeless and has a multible master degrees?

I found this

on youtube that just stun me on how hard it is in this world with are economic statues. They say you get a masters then your set! This is a rebuttal, A man who is homeless with a multiple degrees living at a homeless shelter. He is struggling cause life played him a horrible hand. Watch it and tell me what you think, It just so surprising after they told me to go and get my bachelors and I see a man with a masters in the struggle. This video left me dumbfounded.

A person who wants to succeed in the real world has to get out of the classroom once in a while.

Trying to jump up to a job that requires a masters degree without much other work experience is going to be a tough go.

It would be much easier for future employment advancement opportunities if those degrees were spaced apart with some years of actual employment in the field of study.

Not many employers want to take a chance placing a person in a high level position when they don't have a working track record.

Over qualified is probably worse for employment prospects, than under qualified.

I wont name anyone, but I know four people who have advanced degrees with LONG work histories. In 2008 they were all laid off. One got a job at a Christian Private school for a short time, but she refused to teach that dinosaurs and humans coexisted, that the world was only a couple of thousand years old, etc... and got bought out of her contract.

This is why I went into avocational training program...I have well-paid steady work, I don't have a mountain of student loan debts, and my skills are in great demand. True, I am homeless & living in my van as a result of the Great Recession of 2008, but I'm bouncing back. If I can do it, so can most everyone else. I work very hard at my job to earn my money, which is what I tell homeless scumbags spare-changing me. And if an electrical engineer can't comprehend Ohms Law, then I have zero sympathy for him or her...it's NOT "rocket science". If I can do it, what's your excuse?

It's all economics, educated people are a commodity just like everything else. Simple supply and demand really... the more educated people there are the less valuable that education becomes.

Yeah that will help them Spoon, make the people who are already at the bottom feel even worse about themselves... For a lot of people there are reasons they ended up there in the first place, and it isn't down to just being lazy.

I'm about the same age as the guy in the video, have 3 degrees in a field where losing my job will mean changing professions, came close to getting cut in 2008 and was a last minute save in 2013 cuts that wiped out half the group I'm in.

• Like 1

Last two appliance repairs at my house turned into replacements...so thats not a good market. You wouldn't want a TV repair job these days. Now medicine....or construction, or cooking, that is much harder to automate.

So why is Mexicans still trying to flee to America when there is no jobs?

Some people are just picky and rather not work than work as slaves and I understand why cause I wouldnt bother working for minimum wages that can barely feed yourself with

7 dollars an hour is just ridiculous

In comparison I get 17 USD an hour and even if I would pay half in taxes (I pay 30%) I get paid more and I have free health care, only need 1 job and can feed a family

I don't have to pay for some insurance and wonder what it covers for when I get sick as I'm covered for everything for "free"

Paid when I'm sick and paid when I take vacation..

But the US doesn't have the North Sea Oil fields pumping cash intio our government coffers like yours does Zpeed. ;) Instead we give that money to already-rich investors who then charge the rest of us the highest possible price they can get for their petroleum products so they can make even more money :rolleyes:

Last two appliance repairs at my house turned into replacements...so thats not a good market. You wouldn't want a TV repair job these days. Now medicine....or construction, or cooking, that is much harder to automate.

Actually you may want to reconsider that TV repair job.

There are many high end and large commercial TV's that do get repaired. When the TV is worth many thousands, replacement is not the first choice.

Plus, those kind of skills can be applied to a wide variety of jobs.

Labour is a competition, go against the grain into a field that not many people have an interest in working in. All those jobs will go to you, if there's no one else.

It seems this guy was just in the wrong place doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. Sure bailing your parents out in order to save their home is a noble thing, but selling everything you have in order to do so? I think there might have been some better alternatives and choices that he just didn't explore that could have saved the home as well as preserved his funds and not exposed him to this situation...IE poor financial planning and execution. This put him in the situation he is in today. My only question is if he has 2 degrees and was employed for 10 years in aerospace, where did all that money go?? In those years, a person with this kind of background,education and experiance could have been pulling in a 6 figure income! :o

http://www1.salary.com/Aerospace-Engineer-Salary.html

There might be more to this but it's not showing. At least he is looking and has some prospects in his nation wide search to get back on his feet, and he has enough sense to tell the boneheads in San Francisco to "Go away" LOL..sheesh. Given his attitude and knowledge and experiance I am sure he will land something, he just has to wait. At least he hasn't filed for unemployment or welfare etc..Then his life really would be over! .

EDITED by Square_duck non-op content removed.... Sorry :blush:

A diploma isn't a guarantee of employment, no matter how good it is or what field you're in. Aerospace Engineers are normally paid quite well, but they're usually needed in very specific locations, and if the market for them in one of those locations is oversaturated, they're not going find a job very easily. Back when the USSR was dissolved, a lot of its former citizens immigrated to the USA. It wasn't uncommon for them to hold degrees in subjects like Aerospace Engineering in the former USSR, but to work minimum wage jobs when they arrived in the US simply because there was no opening for people with their skillsets.