LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Panic Attacks and how to control them

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right forum, But i was wondering if anyone else on here suffered from panic/anxiety disorder.

I was diagnosed with panic disorder at 18 I had not gone to a therapist or psychiatrist for this issue and i was unsure of what they would do or say.

I would see a therapist. They can teach you the tools to help bring it down with out prescription meds. There is also natural remedies that work really well. Bach rescue remedy is one I use and it works well.

My doc sent me to www.healthjourneys.com, and, out of four CDs I bought, I listen to two constantly, one by Jonathon Foust and the othe by belleruth Naperstek. She has me listening nightly (and not usully hearing the whole CD because I fall asleep) after some encouragement

Nia is right, though...bring his up with your doctor, its not normal and it is hurting you. As for a good therapist, they will have you see a doctor to check for underlying medical conditions, and talk to you.about what is going on and prescribe you homework. It is perfectly acceptable to act on your diaper/little side to your therapist, as long as it helps you.

The "proper" forum for the question is called "Restless Fox Depression Forum", but the worst possible consequence is a moderator moving the thread, and more realistically, different people will read your topic depending to some defree on which forum it falls under. No worries on that account.

Breathing techniques are going to be your best friend. Simply because it requires not carrying around anything. When you have anxiety building, find a place that's calm and quiet. Focus on a good thought and even close your eyes and slowly inhale through your nose filling your lungs up (roughly count five seconds), hold your breath for 3-5 seconds but not to the point of feeling lik you pass out. Then purse your lips and exhale through your mouth 5-7 seconds. Repeat as necessary until you feel it has passed. Ideally at least three times minimum. If you really feel yourself slipping/spiraling, the gently massage the area of skin between your pointer finger and thumb while doing the breathing thing. This is a pressure point area and will help you settle the anxiety.

This technique came from my therapist and totally works. When anxiety is building, you tense up and have shorter breath. This causes adrenaline to rush and your thoughts spiral. This forces your body and mind to slow down. Try it! Hope that helps.

Ativan (lorazepam), ask your doctor for it by name.

my pshycologist wont prescribe ativan so when panick attacks happen I go to the ER and they give me 4 days worth I have been having lots of long panick attacks since they took me of efexer and put me on lamictal. Had a for hour attack last night went to the ER. I hate them cause it feels like you cant breath even though you are getting oxygen in your system and blood pressure sky rockets

well i have had a few panic attacks before myself not regular...It happens 2 or 3 times a year for me...never been to a doctor for it...but eating alot of food and talking alot about something other then what im feeling seems to work

Benzodiazepenes have their own issues, including dependency risks... you should talk to your doc about it, a lot depends on the trust your doc has in you not to abuse them...

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right forum, But i was wondering if anyone else on here suffered from panic/anxiety disorder.

I was diagnosed with panic disorder at 18 I had not gone to a therapist or psychiatrist for this issue and i was unsure of what they would do or say.

For anxiety the ativan works good when you feel an attack coming on - if you can get a small perscription in case nothing else helps, BUT - I have been going the natural route for overcoming anxiety. Balancing life. Exercise, good dieting, good sleep, staying out of critical stress inducing situations. I find what gets me nervous and anxious and try to put a system in place to alleviate those conditions.

I have panic attacks myself. Crappy part of PTSD. I used to be on the ativan. Worked well. But I OD'ed on some during a bad bipolar episode and so my doctor refuses to prescribe them again. Guess I can understand that. But he does give me a med called Vistaril. It has antihistimine in it which makes you kind of sleepy. Well, most people anyway. I don't get tired, but it does help me calm down. Just wish my darn insurance would cover it. It's $30.00 per refill. I have 15 left. Saving up for a refill. But yea, they work alright. But I try to save them for when it's bad. The first thing I try is finding a quick place that's quiet and then I close my eyes and focus on my breathing. Focusing on breathing deeply slowly, and then slowly letting it out while thinking of a calming thing or place. I do the same thing with my tense ups. Guess it's similar to a anxiety attack. I get to thinking about things and soon I realize that my body is all tense. As if you know your going to get hit and tense up to try to take the blow. So I do similar, focus on my breathing while also focusing on my muscles working to relax each one till they are all relaxed and I am calm again. Of course it's good to not be on drugs if you can avoid it. But sometimes you need the medication and shouldn't feel bad if you do. Some anxiety attacks can feel like a heart attack and feel like your about to die. Some of my worst have kicked my blood pressure up pretty high to 205/130. But a EKG confirmed it wasn't from a heart attack. Once I got some IV ativan at the ER it calmed down and I was alright again. But for sure, anxiety attacks SUCK!

The best defense for an anxiety attack is exercise. Elevated heart rhythms and blood pressure would barely feel noticeable if you're used to doing plenty of cardio. It can help a lot with your self image making you more assertive too. It's not a full solution but it definitely helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had one about a year ago. I had a lot of projects at work. I collapsed in our server room. I thought I was having a heart attack. Well needless to say it was a panic attack. After speaking with my doctor about it I came to the conclusion that I personally needed to relax and not over work and worry myself about things which where out of my control. My best advise is to simply step back. Take a breathe. Take another breathe. Exhale slowly and look at whats stressing you objectively and evaluate the situation.