LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Much Did You Spend On Diapers In 2013?

69 members have voted

1. 1. How much did you spend on baby/youth diapers last year?

• Under $50
    • $51-100
    • $101-200
    • $201-300
    • $301-400
    • $401-500
    • Over $500, but under $1,000
    • Over $1,000
    • I did not purchase any disposable baby/youth diapers, but I used cloth ones I had purchased in a previous year
    • I did not purchase any new cloth baby/youth diapers, but I used cloth ones I purchased in a previous year
    • I did not purchase any baby/youth diapers whatsoever
  2. 2. How much did you spend on adult diapers last year?

• Under $50
    • $51-100
    • $101-200
    • $201-300
    • $301-400
    • $401-500
    • Over $1,000
    • I did not purchase any disposable adult diapers, but I used cloth ones I had purchased in a previous year
    • I did not purchase any new cloth adult diapers, but I used cloth ones I purchased in a previous year
    • I did not purchase any adult diapers whatsoever
  3. 3. How much did you spend on diapers in total?

• Under $50
    • $51-100
    • $101-200
    • $201-300
    • $301-400
    • $401-500
    • Over $1,000
    • I'm a cloth diaper used and did not purchase any new diapers of any kind whatsoever

I've done this survey a couple of times now, but slacked off on another one for the past few years. I always think the responses to this are good though, so I've decided to do it again this year since I'm sure things may have changed for some people, and others might not have been here the last time it was done. As usual, I'm sticking this in the "Diaper Lovers" forum since I can't post a new topic in the DD Survey section of the site, however if someone wants to move it there, that's fine. Just as an FYI, the old surveys can be found here, and and here.

To recap everything again, like the question in the topic asks, how much did you spend on baby diapers, adult diapers, and on diapers in total last year?

Personally, I spent $930.68 on baby/youth diapers last year, and nothing on adult diapers. This is huge increase from what I've spent on baby/youth diapers in previous years, including 2012. I actually bought fewer diapers than usual last year, but wound up coming across quite a few rare finds on my "must-have" list that drove my overall total higher than usual. Like last time, please leave out things like feminine hygiene products out of this poll, and just stick to baby/youth and adult diapers and diaper-like (e.g. GoodNites) products. If there's demand for it, I'll do a similar poll for feminine hygiene products. (I should have probably made that clear in the last poll as well.)

Finally, one more change for this year's poll that's worth mentioning. Per a suggestion from the last survey, I've added some "cloth friendly" options as well. Other than that though, this is largely the same as the last two surveys.

The poll was overly complex to be readily applicable so I will just explain

I have nto spend anything on diapers for the last 5-1/2 years except for washing and drying. At that time i spent about $11.00 x $13.00 per diaper and snap-on panties x 24 =576 and it does not look like I will be needing new anything per change any time soon. Add to that some miscellaneous panty purcheses (which,for a conseientous diaper wearer would be part of the price anyway) which may have come to about $200 over time for the same time and you get about #776 total for about 5-1/2 years. Including care and incidentals (pins), I would say about #900 total to date with only care expneses needed for the next about 3-1/2 more years so I think I will be looking at a total of $970 and maybe some added items which may be another $150 for a total of 1,050 for 8 years. On a per change (minus the optionals) that is about $740 for 8 years whicvh comes to about $93/year. I go through about 5 changes/week. This is for a Gold level system that is nearly failure proof and therefore, no waste

Hard for me to answer. Several of the ad deals here have included diapers since I both need and like wearing them, so they have a cash value, but I don't really track the cost since it's an in-kind deal (makes ads less expensive since they value diapers at their cost, saves me money as a retail buyer)

Hard for me to answer. Several of the ad deals here have included diapers since I both need and like wearing them, so they have a cash value, but I don't really track the cost since it's an in-kind deal (makes ads less expensive since they value diapers at their cost, saves me money as a retail buyer)

I am not sure but I am estimating over $200 in 2013. I bought Wellness Briefs that year, ABU Sissies twice. Cloth really does make a difference. I don't need to purchase any disposables as often when wearing cloth because the disposable ones last longer for a couple of months or three.

In 2013 I decided to make a perminent switch to cloth diapers and plastic pants exclusively (or at least 98% of the time). It took a lot of trial and error to finally find what brands work best for my needs. So in 2013 the total ammount I spent on diapers was significantly more than what was spent over the last several years of just using Abena's and Bambino's. The advantage to trying out different kinds of cloth diapers is that once you find a particular type that you really like, there are no more guessing games or wasted money, and they really do hold up for a long time.

DailyDi, in your situation I'd suggest following Zander's advice. If it's still too difficult to get a ballpark figure, just go with what you actually spent and note that it doesn't include the freebies.

All valid points, Zander. As far as the photos go, most of the "professional" content tends to be watermarked. The quality of the images I'm referencing was decent, but I'm unaware of any "professional" material showcasing just the diapers themselves without a model in it. You also raise a good point about the volume of diapers, and the fact that many people don't take pictures of what they purchase. I personally have a diaper collection, but haven't been able to bring myself to display it and take pictures of it for a few reasons. The first is that I have nowhere to display it that wouldn't immediately "out" me, and the second is that if I were to photograph my collection, it would need to be in a completely nondescript environment that couldn't be traced back to me. As a result, it's a collection that goes largely unseen. Thankfully I collect diapers along the lines of Huggies, Pull-Ups, and GoodNites, so the volume is a bit lower than it would be if I was collecting adult diapers.