LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

XP MEDICAL Branded diaper

ldatsea

Diapered in NY, I'm wearing a large xp a+ diaper right now. As compared to an Abena x-plus large they are slightly smaller in length but have more plastic around the crotch area. Unfortunately the bottom tape is placed too high (just like dry 24/7 used to be), so it will be almost impossible to get the leg bands even remotely tight. They do have elastic at the legs so here's to hoping they will still work any ways.

Size medium. They do run a bit on the small side. I got a 36" waist.

Here are pics of size large. I am 5'8" and 185lbs 36"waist. They fit good but as with all size large diapers, way too much gap around the legs so they will leak there.

post-28155-0-95404100-1388931742_thumb.j

post-28155-0-38715800-1388931774_thumb.j

post-28155-0-24308200-1388931790_thumb.j

post-28155-0-95404100-1388931742_thumb.j

post-28155-0-38715800-1388931774_thumb.j

post-28155-0-24308200-1388931790_thumb.j

nhdl, The larges are definitely more your size. I also agree their size does fit good (I'm 5-10" 210lbs 36" waist), but the bottom tapes are placed too high. It's what's causing that gap around the legs which you can't tighten. I'd say even just lowering the tapes and adding leak guards would put these diapers in the premium category & given their current price that would make them an excellent value.

Yep. Large size leaked around the top of the leg opening in the front on the first wetting. All large diapers do this which is why I squeeze into a medium. I will stick with my abena m4 for now until the "new" Dry 24/7 comes out.

Diapered in NY, I'm wearing a large xp a+ diaper right now. As compared to an Abena x-plus large they are slightly smaller in length but have more plastic around the crotch area. Unfortunately the bottom tape is placed too high (just like dry 24/7 used to be), so it will be almost impossible to get the leg bands even remotely tight. They do have elastic at the legs so here's to hoping they will still work any ways.

I've been brave by thoroughly testing them by been wearing them overnight and to work for the last few days. I'm waiting a bit longer to test more of them (to rule out any "accidental" results), but so far I have to say I am disappointed.

Ok so I've tested my way through an entire case of the large XP A+ diapers, and here's my thorough review (with pictures). Sorry it's long but I did say it's thorough. To Gary specifically; I am not trying to bash you in any way. Thanks for making these diapers, they are a really good start. I hope you can take my comments constructively and incorporate them into making a true "premium" diaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they posted on their homepage the introduction of Absorbancy Plus Level 4. Shows the stack being thicker than dry 24/7 and Abena X-plus...he also gives the absorbancy 5 1/2 drops which is more than I've seen them give any diaper...the absorbancy plus they posted recently only had 3 drops....now that being said, no mention of leak guards is made, which may be a downfall...either way, it's definitely tempting now...

Well, both medium and large level 4's have sold out already.... guess I'll have to wait a bit...Oh well, I have enough Abenas and wellness briefs to last a while....and all the other stuff I have in my stash :whistling:

Wow, sold out huh? I just checked my email and they are on the truck for today. From order to door in 3 days, granted they are coming from MI, one state up. Still They shipped yesterday, and I have them to try today/tonight. Again I know that the A+ didn't fit to well, but I will try moving these back and forth as was suggested to try and get a snug fit. I would like to say, that I think saying the bottom tapes are placed too high, doesn't exactly state the problem. For me I find that the center section, that is before they tend to go out to the wings both front and back, is too long. This makes the diaper ride too high for the tapes to set at top thigh on the bottom tape. Thus on smaller folks with little to no build, you just can't get a snug fit across the crotch.

Sorry guys I had no idea they would be in THAT limited of a quantity. I would have just bought on bag too had I known, now I feel bad. Plus, I still haven't gotten my order yet. Since I'm in Florida it still have to wait till Wednsday the 29th (FedEx always takes a long time to get to me- either from California or Michigan it's a minimum 5 days).

Don't feel bad, I was just kidding :P

having standing leak guards would be great plus, but might also add to the expense, so there might be a trade off here.

As much as i like them, if the products perform well, you might be able to get away with out them....just as long as they don't leak like a sieve like "Attends" do (no inner leak guards) :P

Leak gaurds only help contain poop so if you dont poop your diaper they should work just fine

Not true buckaroo! they also help channel wetness (pee) into different areas of the padding. They are gas permeable, but not liquid permeable. meaning air can go through the material,,but fluids (like water) can't. I have peed (flooded) into the leak guards in diapers I have worn, and they saved me the embarrassment of leaks :blush: many times.

So they really are an important and nice feature to have! :thumbsup:

Ordered a pack of the lvl 3s to try. Always on the lookout for a quality diaper for daytime use. My go-to was originally Abena Supers, when they went cloth I tried Wellness but the last time I ordered those I got a whole case with pinhole leaks. Looking forward to these as XP has a great reputation for quality products.

Not true buckaroo! they also help channel wetness (pee) into different areas of the padding. They are gas permeable, but not liquid permeable. meaning air can go through the material,,but fluids (like water) can't. I have peed (flooded) into the leak guards in diapers I have worn, and they saved me the embarrassment of leaks :blush: many times.

So they really are an important and nice feature to have! :thumbsup:

Then all the leak barriers I have used leaked and defective then, I have used several diapers with leak gaurds and they leaked and talked to the makers of Tranquility about it they said they are mainly designed to contain poop and the padding outside of the leak barriers are to also help contain leakage.