LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diary of an arby's employee (i get paid 7.25 an hour)

I've had three jobs dealing with food. First was White Castle. Doing overnights, well the other workers were lazy *coughs* who just sat in the corner bullshitting while i did everything else. Make the burgers, pack and bag them, make drinks, work the fryer, take the orders, one bitch would just take her sweet time and roll her eyes when the customer at drive up would pull around like it was such a fuckin task to take their cash and make change. bleagh. ANYWAYS yeah I suffered through that for a while, then later on went to work as a cook in a pool hall/bar. Not the best of jobs but it had its fun moments. Apparently I had a knack for making bar food because after I quit due to issues with me and the owners girl who was a tyrannical bitch..... people stopped ordering food or just complained about how crappy it was where as when I was running the kitchen they came to my order window to shake my hand half the time or compliment the food haha. After that,was McDouchebags. and that didn't last long. Again, I was the hard worker, everyone else was pretty damn lazy and stood around, i just made the food, payed attention to customer flow more so than the MANAGEMENT and paid attention to ordering trends to the point I got in a fight with a manager over it. Basically the behemoth bitch thought she knew all since SHE was the manager....sorry but no.... sitting on your ass hiding in your lil office (which i was shocked she could fit into) doesn't show me that you know the consumer trends. Basically she would yell at me for making "too much" flatbread chicken. Well, low and behold 15 minutes after I make a tray full, I end up making more. Why? Because it was a hot item. It was a consumer favorite at the time and I knew that so I would make more than they suggested just so I could save myself a lil time which in the end....meant saving the customer time so they wouldn't have to wait for me to make the food. They get their food faster (hence FAST food) and they are happy.

• Like 1

btw, I get offered "comp time" in lieu of overtime. Yeah, me and my current managers at my non fast food job have gone round and round about that one hehe at least until I said something about getting in touch with the labor board about unpaid wages and something about a lawsuit was said in which they kinda said "fine take your overtime" hehehe.

It's said that quite a few CEO's used to run a Mc Donald's. I'll have to disagree with your view point on minimum wage jobs Jason. I too worked and managed fast food restaurants and I've learned quite a bit with how business works. There is plenty of opportunity in those jobs and it is a blessing to have that work. Considering our society is making a shift towards welfare I'd rather more people pull themselves up by the boot straps and get to work.

As for the OP. Sometimes work can suck because you have to do labor intensive activities to keep the store going. That's part of the job description. Take pride in what you do, do a good job and learn what you can while your there. If it's not for you feel free to seek employment elsewhere. :)

• Like 1

Never worked the fast food joints but worked for enough shitty contractors that didn't pay at the end of the contract or ripped you of by promising you X and paying you Y.I will say this to any one that asks learn a trade as good tradesmen are

It's said that quite a few CEO's used to run a Mc Donald's. I'll have to disagree with your view point on minimum wage jobs Jason. I too worked and managed fast food restaurants and I've learned quite a bit with how business works. There is plenty of opportunity in those jobs and it is a blessing to have that work. Considering our society is making a shift towards welfare I'd rather more people pull themselves up by the boot straps and get to work.

As for the OP. Sometimes work can suck because you have to do labor intensive activities to keep the store going. That's part of the job description. Take pride in what you do, do a good job and learn what you can while your there. If it's not for you feel free to seek employment elsewhere. :)

We are obviously talking about a Tale of Two Cities, because you don't understand what I am trying to tell you when I mean minimum wage job. If you are talking about your job in fast food as a manager and then you say you learned quite a bit about how the business works, fine, but if you also mention minimum wage job in the previous sentence, then really have nothing to say, especially when you follow that up with some unsubstantiated claim about welfare in the U.S. The reason you have nothing to say is due to the fact that we are not even talking about the same thing.

Management does not equal minimum wage job.

@Jason:

This is not constructive, though I do think the opening lines of a Tale of Two Cities are very apt right now. Let's ask a different question instead...how hard is it for a minimum wage employee to become a manager of a fast food restaurant? What could our OP do to make that happen?

One guy I saw in my personal life started out at a pizza place...found out he was decent at sales, became inside sales for my very technical company, and recently moved on to a much better position selling I forget what... I can tell you the guy was a mover and a shaker, always thinking about improving things.

@Jason:

This is not constructive, though I do think the opening lines of a Tale of Two Cities are very apt right now. Let's ask a different question instead...how hard is it for a minimum wage employee to become a manager of a fast food restaurant? What could our OP do to make that happen?

One guy I saw in my personal life started out at a pizza place...found out he was decent at sales, became inside sales for my very technical company, and recently moved on to a much better position selling I forget what... I can tell you the guy was a mover and a shaker, always thinking about improving things.

I know what you guys are trying to say, but it seems like that is the case no longer. You need an associates degree at the minimum to be a manager and if you want to manage a place like Target, they will not hire or promote you into that position unless you have a bachelors in an appropriate discipline. Even if you could find a way to stay with the company long enough to make that happen, they will find an excuse to fire you before you get that far, because employers at companies like those in fast food prefer keeping employees for shorter periods if time as this reduces cost. I stand by my position that minimum wage jobs are bottomless pits and that also, depending on the miminum wage in your state, you cannot make it without the assistance of welfare.

In some states, minimum wage + assistance is not even enough. When I had zero income, and technically not married, (Gay marriage in CA is in a strange sort of limbo right now.) I had zero income sources after my UI ended. Because I was honest on my SNAP application (My then girlfriend, now fiancee, gave me room and board, and I pointed that out.) I was denied, and while my fiancee was housing and boarding me, we had to cancel our internet, cable, and our cell phones, replacing them with cheap prepaid unlimited text phones. The reason was we were cohabiting and sharing the bills before I was laid off. We also had a room mate who had been laid off a week before me. He did not stay in the apartment because he knew what would happen if one of us had to go. Guy is still cool with us, he moved back to Mexico City to live with his grandparents. I did not qualify for welfare because I was unmarried and with no kids. So I acted responsibly, did not get pregnant (I was not always in relationships with women.) because I knew I could not support a child, but as a result I was left with nothing, but a temporary UI check.

I make 36 per hr.......but its like comparing apples to oranges.....I could make more but I'd have to give up a lot of home time in order to do that....and it just isn't worth it.

Um, why even post this?

I have also worked in a food place for like $15, minimum wage

Making all kind of food

Washing everything, every day (walls, floor, tops etc)

Doing the dishes, every day (mostly with a machine ofc..)