Gennie

FIrearms  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I don't
    • Had some, they're gone
    • I've been thinking about getting one.

Exactly, if the intruder survives they can dispute whether or not you had reasonable fear, say they tried to flee even if they didn't, or otherwise bring about doubt that otherwise would not happen if they were dead. In other words they can sue you for shooting them. It may not hold in court, but it will still be a bigger hastle to you, and may even lead to you being arrested, even when it's not warranted.

I own several firearms. I use them for sport shooting, as well as hunting. In my experience, it is the person who has the familiarization with weapons that is the least dangerous (providing they are of sound judgement and mind).

• 3 weeks later...

Without passing judgment on anyone, I'll speak frankly: I don't own one, never considered it, was never curious about it. And I don't understand why it is so important to others to own guns and to have the right to own them. It's a mystery to me.

try liveing out in the sticks where it takes the cops 45 minen to respond to a 911 call.

Thinking about joining a gun club again soon so I can buy myself a Glock 9mm, cause I like em and a .22 for indoor shooting

Need to be active for 6 months before I can buy my own pistol, but I can buy a magnum rifle or shotgun on the spot..

Thinking about joining a gun club again soon so I can buy myself a Glock 9mm, cause I like em and a .22 for indoor shooting

Need to be active for 6 months before I can buy my own pistol, but I can buy a magnum rifle or shotgun on the spot..

what country is this in? new Zealand? austrailia?

Sounds like something we should have here in the usa. Make sure everyone knows how to use a gun before they can buy one. Our fore fathers did intend us to be part of a well armed militia not controlled by the government. Now some of us are just a bunch of individual gun toting idiots.

Sounds like something we should have here in the usa. Make sure everyone knows how to use a gun before they can buy one. Our fore fathers did intend us to be part of a well armed militia not controlled by the government. Now some of us are just a bunch of individual gun toting idiots.

I have to agree, its important I think for everyone to know how to handle one, even if its to just empty a gun safely(take out the mag, remove the one in the pipe or empty the cylinder kind of stuff) in the case of finding one, and for little kids to be taught to LEAVE THEM ALONE, and get an adult.

I have to agree, its important I think for everyone to know how to handle one, even if its to just empty a gun safely(take out the mag, remove the one in the pipe or empty the cylinder kind of stuff) in the case of finding one, and for little kids to be taught to LEAVE THEM ALONE, and get an adult.

Kinda feels like were going in circles..

But, if you don't need a license to own a gun, why would I need a license to drive a car?

They are both killing machines, but in the right hands they can also be safe fun and have a purpose

• Like 1

I guess that makes both of us right-winged liberals who have come to take our 2nd amendment rights away. Who knew trying to be responsible would also alienate you from the idiot-proof idiots?

liberal?! im conservative, maybe im missing something here, if there was a joke in that, it don't surprise me that I would miss it, jokes can be hard to relay online(ive killed a few trying before)

Kinda feels like were going in circles..

But, if you don't need a license to own a gun, why would I need a license to drive a car?

They are both killing machines, but in the right hands they can also be safe fun and have a purpose

really?! you want to get back into this? 2-3 threads of this already and all it did was make conflicts and you want to push the "license your guns" stuff?!

No way, I'd never license/register my guns. It would be nice to make sure people actually know how to use them before buying them though. Think of it sort of like a license just to own a gun though, kind of like a drivers license. You need a drivers license to drive, but that can be used for any car regardless if you personally own it or not. Of course I get the bad example of also needing to register any car you buy, but I think that would be going to far for our guns. The government has so very little interest in what car you drive, but they are very interested in what guns you own. It's that interest that makes it all the more important that they don't know.

when I was in 6th grade, there was a gun safety thing, more like a hunting safety thing we had to attend given by a cop, I think at some school level there should be a required class on guns, take maybe 5 maybe 10 minutes from each class and you can find the time for it, or extend the school time by an hour to teach it, not to force someone to use them but to make sure that should they ever choose to have them, that they know how to treat them, and have the responsibility to be safe with them, and could supplement that with outside instruction.

I see there is something we can both agree on, because I think at least some of the shootings were due to bullying to at least some degree, and more to the point the way kids are being raised, I think the way to deal with shootings and bullyings are the same, parents having the discipline to teach their kids right from wrong, and to make the right choices, and if that means spankings when they are young so be it, I was spanked, and I was also abused, the 2 are NOT the same, and grew up with a respect for life, it hurt me to kill a woodpecker, and I had to do it because it damaged our house,

• Like 1