LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shy Bladder Research.

Eir

Do you know what really doesn't make sense?

I have a fear of wetting myself in public. Nevermind the fact that I cannot always use a urinal if I have a clear shot. I feel 'desperate' when I only have a few drops. I know it is psychological because I can go hours at home without even thinking about having to pee. Yet at work, I go every chance I get. I think something is propelling me to defeat my efforts to get well. I wonder what effect wearing diapers with a hole cut for the penis would have. You said it is a comfort issue.

I had shy bladder, too, when I was in my 20's. My guess is that because I wore diapers into my teens, I never really learned to urinate when anyone else was standing near me. I could easily wet my diaper, though. So, whenever I expected to be in situations where the lavatory would be crowded (like sports venues), I wore diapers. The shy bladder problem, gradually went away over many years.

To be clear about it, I've not had problems peeing around anyone else, but historically my bladder has rarely emptied itself completely and apparently does not often fill completely either :whistling: My symptom combination is OAB, UI, and SI pretty much in that order. Before diapers I'd be bursting to go and never know what the result would be- sometimes a flood and sometimes a dribble and occasionally a drop of two :screwy: Since I got comfortable wearing diapers 24/7 (even though I use the toilet at work when I know I need to, and sometimes do that at home as well) I am almost always draining completely when I pee :girl_happy: Going along with that is a much increased urinary function; basically I produce more urine than I used to except at work, where the quantity is about the same but the frequency is much less :rolleyes:

Use to have a shy bladder. No matter how hard I tried to go I just couldn't go. I almost damaged my kidneys from holding it to long. Then I had my prostate removed due to cancer and now I can go easily anytime, standing laying down or sitting with no problem. But I do wear protection all the time to catch accidents from stress release.

I can't do sit-ups because of my back problems which are such that none of the alternatives are possible for me either :( So my tummy does 'protrude' more than I want it to :crybaby: Ibuprofen (Advil)is a safe mild muscle relaxer with few side-effects so long as you stay within the recommended dosage schedule. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) does this too, but is far less safe for the liver ;)

Gentlemen, I don't know if this helps, but I am discovering that they only thing being judged by urination performance is desperation.

If you are continent, you will not 'just wet yourself'. The body will scream and scream and scream. I have a one minute rule. If I can stand there for one minute and not have anything come out, then I really didn't need to go. Guess what? If I REALLY have to go, I go from 5 to 7 seconds, if I am only draining a few drops, it can take 37 to 40 seconds. I am willing to walk out after a minute and face the consequences. I guess I am afraid that if someone sees me not going, they will know I had a chance to go and didn't, and they will give me less grace if I do have an accident, because I had a chance to go and didn't take it.