LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Buzzkill!

So like a lot of ABs I've always wanted an adult size baby potty. Something cute and functional just like theirs. So I thought 3D printing would be an awesome option. I worked up a two piece potty in CAD to give it a try. I uploaded my design and got a quote...over 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS! What a buzzkill! I guess that won't be happening :( but I'll upload the rendering of the top section just for your viewing of what could have been.

• 2 weeks later...

Small stuff is fairly affordable now where that definitely wasn't the case maybe 5-10 years ago. It's all very cool to me. It suddenly puts a kind of manufacturing into the hands of individuals that previously was only available to very large enterprises (notably plastic molding). Injection plastic molds are insanely expensive and that's before you even get to the manufacturing part. It's so cool to design say… a small plastic stand for a smart phone… and then actually be able to get one made for a reasonable price and just get one made not have to order 100,000.

On a secondary note, the 3D one could be used as a mold for a vacuum mold to be made out of plastic. Which would be much cheaper, then you could do a small production run and sell them for like $100 a pop recoup your money and make a profit. :)

surface quality on 3-D printing is going to be an issue for quite awhile....you need something that works on at least 5 axes (like a paint brush) to even think about getting it right, with primary deposition normal to the surface.

So like a lot of ABs I've always wanted an adult size baby potty. Something cute and functional just like theirs. So I thought 3D printing would be an awesome option. I worked up a two piece potty in CAD to give it a try. I uploaded my design and got a quote...over 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS! What a buzzkill! I guess that won't be happening :( but I'll upload the rendering of the top section just for your viewing of what could have been.

OH NO!!! Are we losing you to the horrible potty monster? Diapers are cheaper...and a lot more fun.