LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Favorite Books?

I don't know if y'all have a favorite genre of books, or a favorite series. But I didn't see any discussion on this topic, so I thought it would be nice to talk about what our favorite things to read are.

Oh man. I haven't read A Song of Fire and Ice, but some of my friends say it's good. It's kind of off on a tangent, but for the past like year or so I've been lightly considering getting into the Dark Tower series.

mainly horror here and macabre. poe, anita blake vampire hunter series, stories by poppy z brite so on so fourth. most vamp literature so long as they aren't jsut faey in denile....bleagh....vampires do NOT sparkle!! also true crime, historical this and that. *shrugs*

Long ago...when I used to read books :blush: (I read mostly internet stuff now) I didn't really have much interest in any particular area...if it sounded interesting then I would read it. the book that I read the most during grade school was "Island of the Blue Dolphin" I must have read that 6 or more time...just really enjoyed it :D I have read novels as well...Like "Centennial" by James Mitchner' (long assed book!) I read that after seeing the TV series (in the 70's) bythe same name...wonderful series with lots of stars playing interesting characters :) SoI guess i prefer history and adventure to anything else. I read some horror "The Exorcist" and "Amityville horror" and some of the images in "Amityville scared the sh*t out of me...I couldn't sleep :blush: so I stop reading that kind of crap :P

I recently skimmed through an interesting war book that just came out called "The last Full Measure, hoe soldiers die in battle" buy Stevenson...that scratches my History itch ;) it was interesting but graphic and gory, but if that floats your boat, then by all means indulge.

I never read the :lord of the ring cycle' but I did see the movie, which was quite excellent...but others had said the usual...the book was better blah blah blah. I also saw "Blade runner' when it was in theaters and liked it, I went mostly because of friends wanted to see it, but also Vangelis did the soundtrack, which got my attention...(Great music!)

I'd like to try the "Hunger Games' series, that sounds fun, and 'maybe' 'Game of Thrones' but thats what EVERYONE is reading now,so that to me makes it boring :P

I don't 'do' books much, unless it's something technical or historical...*shrug* just find myself doing other things.

Books are great friends though and provide endless adventures, I just wish I had more inclinations and less distractions to pick one up and read it :blush:

One of the best set of books I've ever read is a series written by Stephen King called "The Dark Tower". I think there are 7 books in this series. Stephen King has been mislabeled as a horror writer. He is not. He writes about human nature. The Dark Tower series also touches on some deeper/heavier concepts about the world around us and how we view it. I highly recommend.

Anything is better than video games! Taking up reading is much better for you and your brain. V/G's offer nothing really other then just being a distraction. you have nothing to show for your time, and nothing really to talk about with anyone else, unless it's another gamer :P They don't teach you anything useable and really just help turn yoru brain to much. Books you can read and re-read, discuss them with others who have read them (intellectual interaction) and they are a constant source of education and adventure.

I don't read much, but do build models and research things and everything to do with it. it's fun, makes me think, and teaches me all sorts of things. plus I have something to point to on my shelf when it's done, and explain everything I did and what challenges I tried to over come to be a better builder.

If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of video games...they offer nothing and don't teach or enrich...just suck op time and money...for nothing in return except maybe some mild entertainment.