LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When You Needed Diapers, What Did You Wear?

Rhezz

What Did you wear?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. When you were a baby, what did you wear?

• Disposable
    • Cloth

So recently, through natural discussion, at a dinner i had the other day to celebrate me turning 19, my mother started talkin about when i was a baby...you know that thing they do, ambarassing...anyway she made what appeared to be a diaper out of napkin, then she said years of practice.

I said "what?"

and she repeated and naturally said "when you lot were babys".

I said "oh, didnt i use disposables back then, wasnt that easier?"

"nope cloth, never used disposables..."

Maybe to save money i dont know? weird revelation

Which realy shocked me, maybe its possible i have this obsession.

Interesting topic. Although, I think you should include the choice for both. I believe my mom put me cloth and disposables at different times. I'll have to dig out the pictures now just to be sure. Many moms tried different methods based on the "baby care fad" at the time...so given the choice I would say both.

dw

• 5 weeks later...

Whenever I was in the hospital from age 10-15 I was diapered. Early on I wore pampers with the disney babies print. Then I wore blue huggies for him for awhile in 91-92. Then after that mostly huggies with the new nursery ryhme prints. I can still remember the exact style of bags they were in too. The huggies for him was a blue bag with a baby wearing a baseball cap. And the later bag from 93 was purple. Now if I could just get some more and have somebody diaper me....

I can easily relate to CDLover's comments about being "old"! -_- But I'm sure I wore cloth, but have no idea if I also had rubber or plastic pants. After all, that was a loooong time ago!! One would think, then, that my preferences now would be cloth, but actually, disposables win hands down as far as convenience, etc. is concerned.

As several have said, there were no disposables when I was a baby... hence, no research needed. And, like InDpnds, for some reason I prefer disposables now. So much trabel makes cloth a difficult choice anyway.

I too was before there were disposibles. I don't remember being diapered, but I do recall wearing rubber pants while potty training.

Rhezz, as far as 19 years ago, thats when they were still bulky and considered ememy of the enviroment.

• 1 month later...

Like many others, only cloth with plastic pants as a baby - nothing else was available. Al;though I do have a vague memory of being diapered in a disposable-like diaper that my mum had borrowed from my aunt when we were on holidays. It consisted of a plastic outer with "tie sides" and then an insert was placed down the centre but I'm not sure if she used a cloth insert or whether it was the disposable type. Now-a-days I tend to prefer disposables. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I was a cloth baby.

I wore cloth as a teenager too.

I wear cloth at home. When I travel I use Abris

So recently, through natural discussion, at a dinner i had the other day to celebrate me turning 19, my mother started talkin about when i was a baby...you know that thing they do, ambarassing...anyway she made what appeared to be a diaper out of napkin, then she said years of practice.

I said "what?"

and she repeated and naturally said "when you lot were babys".

I said "oh, didnt i use disposables back then, wasnt that easier?"

"nope cloth, never used disposables..."

Maybe to save money i dont know? weird revelation

Which realy shocked me, maybe its possible i have this obsession.