LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

All I Want Is A Little Dignity And Respect

"In the middle of the night, I had to go to the bathroom. Well, I pressed my call button. Nothing happened. I pressed my call button again. Still nothing happened. Come to find out, my call button didn't work. Now, I was dry heaving which caused me to have stress incontinence. In other words, I wet the bed. I was so deeply embarrassed. I began to cry. So my roommate then pressed her call button for somebody to come in. Two women came in. I believe one woman was a nurse and the other one was a nurse's assistant. They decided that they would slap a diaper on me without considering how it would make me feel. It took away my dignity. "

http://www2.townonline.com/malden/opinion/...rticleid=196775

• 5 months later...

"In the middle of the night, I had to go to the bathroom. Well, I pressed my call button. Nothing happened. I pressed my call button again. Still nothing happened. Come to find out, my call button didn't work. Now, I was dry heaving which caused me to have stress incontinence. In other words, I wet the bed. I was so deeply embarrassed. I began to cry. So my roommate then pressed her call button for somebody to come in. Two women came in. I believe one woman was a nurse and the other one was a nurse's assistant. They decided that they would slap a diaper on me without considering how it would make me feel. It took away my dignity. "

I'm not going to understand what the big deal is about getting a diaper.

I'm sure communists don't see what the big deal is with people that don't like communism... and hunters don't understand peta's problem with hunting, etc., etc.

Your name is "diapered_witch".... of course you don't see the problem with it. But for someone who doesn't wear a diaper on a regular basis... or hasn't since he/she was much younger... they probably associate it with immaturity, an inability to be independent. Remember back to grade school, when people would call eachother a "baby" for various things? All of those feelings.

• 1 year later...

I was in hospital a few years ago with someone that had a stroke and even he fougt to stay out of a diaper,

he kept riping it off,driving the nurses nuts.Its the dignity part and the fear of it being different.

After talking with me about my diapers he calmed down about it some and left them on.

Totally agree with Morv. And the fact that the call button is useless. I went through the same thing with my Mom in the nursing home. There is also the fear of a spiraling loss of independence and control of one's own environment and care. The element in the quote that stands out about the diaper is "without considering how it would make me feel" that is, without letting me participate in the decision.

Ironically, it was seeing the diapers in the nursing home that introduced it into my life. Yet, I did all I could to prevent the home from putting them on my Mom; to encourage them to retrain her (she had a very bad stroke). Ultimately, I lost the battle; she waore them regularly until her death in the home, 3 years after the stroke.

I'm not going to understand what the big deal is about getting a diaper.

One night I'm in the ER for something else, probably asthma...and there's this woman beside me who has had a stroke. It becomes clear from the discussion that she has to pee....and the attending nurse gets a pad under her and tell her to go ahead and relax and let it go....

This gal was in dire straights, couldn't move much due to the stroke, and is holding her pee! You betcha the inhibition is strong in the AVERAGE American...

And the woman's complaint is really about loss of control, not being asked, important stuff like the call button not working saying they really didn't care if this woman died....same kinds of problems I have with my boss.

I don't clearly understand your dilema. Your stats show you are incontinent. Where were you that you required to use a call button? If you are incontinent, why would you wake up with the feeling to use the bathroom? Do you not use incontinent products now to avoid situations like you mentioned? Why would being put in a diaper if you are incontinent be so undignified?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the whole "holy shit, I'm not dead" thing really does help. That's probably the reason that I accept the fact that I've only got one fully-functional leg. I think the worst thing, really, was the problem with the call button. A distant relative of mine (think he was a great uncle or something) died of a heart attack in an old folks' home because his call button didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in and out of the hospital many times due to shunt replacements in my head. I went to the hospital one time when I was about nineteen years old. I was wearing a diaper at that time when they wheeled me in on a streacher. I complained of a massive headache and a stomach at the time. The doctor felt my stomach and while doing so revealed my diaper at the same time.

At the hospital they gave me medicines that helped me poop and wet. They made me sort of loose (if you know what I mean). I'm not proud to say it but I messed myself in my underwear. The nurses were around and it wasn't hard to let them know what had happened. I had hoped they would have offered me a diaper in the event that it happened again! Anyway I'd have rather done in a diaper then my pants, but maybe next time! :o

NEVER go to the hospital without a diaper on!

What you just experienced is commonplace. If you are not use to diapers, the hospital may hesitate to put one on you.

I have been in and out of the hospital many times due to shunt replacements in my head. I went to the hospital one time when I was about nineteen years old. I was wearing a diaper at that time when they wheeled me in on a streacher. I complained of a massive headache and a stomach at the time. The doctor felt my stomach and while doing so revealed my diaper at the same time.

At the hospital they gave me medicines that helped me poop and wet. They made me sort of loose (if you know what I mean). I'm not proud to say it but I messed myself in my underwear. The nurses were around and it wasn't hard to let them know what had happened. I had hoped they would have offered me a diaper in the event that it happened again! Anyway I'd have rather done in a diaper then my pants, but maybe next time! :o