LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hospital Staff Are Complacent When A Patient Is In Nappies

• 2 weeks later...

If it helps anyone earlier this month as i Joked "on the way to the keyboard". Honestly earlier this month i was found DIB for those not formerly in EMS thats "Dead in Bed"and was resuscitated back to this life but dropped into a Coma and was on life support because i was responsive to nothing ?for over a week not voice, not pain, not anything got any reaction out of me what so ever so i vegetated in ICU with a nurse watching me 24/7 for signs of life and as they started to appear they sraetwd to back the machines off until i actually opede my etes and tried to ask the natural question's where am i ?,

sorry guys totally forgot to update you all got a letter from the hospital, it was the typical blah blah blah fest, busy night in the unit etc etc, staff now informed blah blah blah. Basically nothing I wasn't expecting, moral of the story I suppose if you come out of hospital with your arms and legs still attached then count yourself lucky and walk on LOL

• 1 month later...

The ER staff here have always been rude and joked about me asking for a fresh diaper outload and I could hear them in the nurses station. One day this last year I went In for a lump in my upper thigh and the nurse asked me to show her what was wrong and as soon as I pulled up my gown she asked rudely and loudly( so everyone could hear) Lee why are you wearing a diaper. It was full and they didnt get me a fresh diaper untill after the doc seen me. Luckly I didnt have an accident till after I changed it. I complained to the complainr department. And my last visit for my leg infection was a great experience. I was in and out of the ER 7 times for antibiotics.

The ER staff here have always been rude and joked about me asking for a fresh diaper outload and I could hear them in the nurses station. One day this last year I went In for a lump in my upper thigh and the nurse asked me to show her what was wrong and as soon as I pulled up my gown she asked rudely and loudly( so everyone could hear) Lee why are you wearing a diaper. It was full and they didnt get me a fresh diaper untill after the doc seen me. Luckly I didnt have an accident till after I changed it. I complained to the complainr department. And my last visit for my leg infection was a great experience. I was in and out of the ER 7 times for antibiotics.

I think I would have just as loudly said to that nurse "HOW ABOUT YOU AT LEAST PRETEND TO BE A FREAKIN' PROFESSIONAL?! WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR NURSING LISENSE, FROM A CRACKER JACK BOX?! being embarrassed don't feel good does it? some people DO

I think I would have just as loudly said to that nurse "HOW ABOUT YOU AT LEAST PRETEND TO BE A FREAKIN' PROFESSIONAL?! WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR NURSING LISENSE, FROM A CRACKER JACK BOX?! being embarrassed don't feel good does it? some people DO

I am getting increasingly irritated by the medical profession in this country. It sounds harsh but over the past 12months I haven't actually encountered anything positive from both my own (I do my upmost to avoid them.) or close friends and family experience.

It sounds a bit cliche' to be negative about the UK health service (I'm assuming you werent a private patient.) but It really does demand a radical shake up of the core things that I would believe as human beings we should expect.

You're story I don't find surprising one bit and hope everything you were being probed for is okay now!

you can follow that up with a request for another nurse and asking to speak to the supervisor

Yes, because the nurses and their supervisors work together but in a vacuum such that the negativity you had with one will not bias the other and you won't at all get labeled difficult...

I am getting increasingly irritated by the medical profession in this country. It sounds harsh but over the past 12months I haven't actually encountered anything positive from both my own (I do my upmost to avoid them.) or close friends and family experience.

It sounds a bit cliche' to be negative about the UK health service (I'm assuming you werent a private patient.) but It really does demand a radical shake up of the core things that I would believe as human beings we should expect.

You're story I don't find surprising one bit and hope everything you were being probed for is okay now!

Not going to tell you that you're wrong, because your experiences are your own, as are the experiences of the people you've talked to, but if you think the standard of care is much better under privatised healthcare, you'd be wrong from my experience and the experience of people I know. I went private for some care under the plan my Dad got with his job and I was shocked at the level of treatment I got. I'm not going to go into specifics for personal reasons, but having also experienced standard NHS care, the standard was actually worse. Now I'm sure that isn't the case generally with private healthcare, as I am a believer that you really do get what you pay for generally, but it opened my eyes to the fact that the NHS really isn't the mess some people make it out to be. In fact, I've had several good experiences with my care. It could definitely do with reform, but I really can't get behind privatising the system. A lot of people in the UK don't realise how lucky they are to have a nationalised health system that meets reasonably high standards. It isn't the best, but it does cater to everyone, regardless of your financial position and it only has the slight negative reputation it has because, as you put it, bad news spreads quicker.