LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is The End Near Or Is Liberal Media Just Blowing Smoke

That is actually more than a small possibility- sooner or later such a thing will happen again :o And it will bring the world to a standstill for a long time. When it was just telegraph wires taking the biggest hit, people still knew how to live without the fancy stuff in life- most of them were doing that anyway :whistling: But now we're so utterly dependent on electricity and everything it brings us (including computers and the internet) that 99% or the people will not have a clue what to do :( It is a far more likely 'worst case scenario' than a massive meteor strike or even nuclear war. Oddly enough, just like the last time, the third-world will suffer the least because they neither have anything that would be affected and they are surviving daily now much as the world was in 1859. The worst affected will be the most developed and 'advanced' cities where the effects will reach their worst within a couple days and remain that way for months, and where normalcy will not return for years. As much good as they do, we are utterly dependent on computers today and as a world society, that will be our undoing in one way or another

To understand more about what would happen with a "Carrington Event" today just type "EMP" into Google and see. There are ways to protect stored items from EMP, but the Internet and the servers that run it are not protected, nor is anything that is plugged in or powered up

To understand more about what would happen with a "Carrington Event" today just type "EMP" into Google and see. There are ways to protect stored items from EMP, but the Internet and the servers that run it are not protected, nor is anything that is plugged in or powered up

There's more to it than that. Though the effect is similar to EMP, the Carrington Event radiation was so strong that the current induced on telegraph wires caused many of the poles to catch fire :o Only in the direct vicinity of a nuke has mankind produced that much EMP power, and then only in a small area. The Carrington Event did this to the entire earth <_< The experts all say that few unprotected electronic semiconductor components would survive such as that. Being that I am involved with some volunteer work in the EM structure, it is something we prepare for B) It doesn't really take a lot, but the protected stuff has to be stored- anything in use or ready to use will not survive <_< Dig deeper if you're interested- I ain't paranoid or blowing smoke, I just didn't keep the references to the web pages that have the info on this or I'd post them for you :whistling:

With the tension between us and north korea we just found out they do have the technology for intercontinental ballistic missles so if things escalate they might nuke us but retaliation will be severe like what happened after september 11 and pearl harbor so I think we are on the brink of nuclear war so I think the end is near

As for elections, I'll wager that nobody participates in an Irish election without proper identification! The US Federal Courts will not allow state and local authorities to verify idnetification of voters! Election fraud is on the rampage in America.

• 2 weeks later...

And Nixon was a Republican conservative, which only goes to show that this is inherent in all politics no matter which side of the fence you're on :bash: Sadly, as people are being driven further apart by partisan politics, such as this becomes less noted and less cared about :( When you're mindset is that your side can do no wrong while the other side always does, you fall into the trap they've set for you and become blinded to the faults of those you're supporting, just as they intended to do to you :P

Bettypooh, I definitely agree as I have heard Obama's actions compared to the Watergate scandal many times and I am sure I will hear it plenty of more times, not to say that the actions by his administration as of late are less than agreeable.

So what, short of a tempest-qualified computer, would I need to make my desktop or tablet survive a Carrington event level geomagnetic storm?

There is also substantial evidence that food is going to become the first problem:

NYT reported last week on a new dustbowl in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas, though they only used the word drought

Others have reported on the dwindling supplies of concentrated phosphorus, a necessary element of high-yield farming.

Still others are reporting resistance to glyphosphate (Round up) in weeds.

Me, i think world human population will be shrinking, possibly violently, by 2050.

So what, short of a tempest-qualified computer, would I need to make my desktop or tablet survive a Carrington event level geomagnetic storm?

There is also substantial evidence that food is going to become the first problem:

NYT reported last week on a new dustbowl in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas, though they only used the word drought

Others have reported on the dwindling supplies of concentrated phosphorus, a necessary element of high-yield farming.

Still others are reporting resistance to glyphosphate (Round up) in weeds.

Me, i think world human population will be shrinking, possibly violently, by 2050.

And how is this different from the previous administration? (besides it actually being a scandal this time!)

And Kitten, I am not saying doom...but we do have a situation where certain failures could do catastrophic damage, in part because the current population simply isn't sustainable without those systems. I hope the population is reduced peacefully.The

The Bush administration did not instruct the IRS to target specific groups. The Bush administration did not make criminal complaints about news reporters. The Bush Administration never used the EPA or OSHA to harass political foes.

And how is this different from the previous administration? (besides it actually being a scandal this time!)

And Kitten, I am not saying doom...but we do have a situation where certain failures could do catastrophic damage, in part because the current population simply isn't sustainable without those systems. I hope the population is reduced peacefully.