LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going To A Trip On Monday For Work, Freaking Out

Guest incontinent-work-help

Indeed... you have a medical condition....and, as noted, its going to be obvious to some...indeed it IS obvious to some...so the correct attitude is very "matter of fact" and completely unashamed...you can tie the diapers up in a bag to keep the smell down, but you aren't going to run them down the hall.

I suggest that you wear something with big pockets, so you can toss a clean diaper in the pocket. My coat has been doing a good job of that this winter, as have various fuzzy jackets and pullovers.

And, as for the coworker, you might want to pop the question to him before you go...just ask him directly if he is OK with it or do you need to get a separate room. Tell him he might as well know this... besides, if you are doing "wet" activities, he may need to keep your backpack dry...

It's too bad you are flying out Monday...as otherwise, you could consider purchasing a "swim diaper", I have in mind one I saw (for $120US or so) that is completely waterproof and seals to the legs and waist, so your disposable can stay on you while you are in the pool.

One thing to be aware of...TSA won't care about the diapers, but they won't be happy about a full size tube or bottle of anything you may use for rash control in your carry on, so plan accordingly....there is probably a pharmacy somewhere in the airport beyond security, so you may want to locate it for purchasing cream and/or lotion for the flight itself...

I see your fear in this topic and am surprised you haven't come across this type of scenario in any form having been 24/7 for 2 years. I'd say, you know ou better than anyone else and I'm sure if you dig deep enough, you will be able to figure out how to cross this hurdle yourself. I'm sure you've had to do many a problem solving in the past 2 years. See this as another obstacle and plan for it.

Unfortunately you've waited too long to take the issue to your HR. If you're flying out monday and the room bookings are set there isn't much they'd be able to do about it any ways. I do agree that you should try and be discrete about it, but when (not if) it does come up just tell your room mate that you are incontinent and need to wear them. Ask him to also be discrete about your wearing diapers since if it got out that could change how others see you, and could potentially ruin you reputation.

Glad it went well with you :) We're more aware of our diaper wearing than others. Not only do most people not notice at all, I believe that most who do notice have enough decency to not mention it ;) As you saw, a lengthy explanation is not necessary for this is a rather personal matter. If the people around you respect you (which they should) then this will hardly be an issue for them when it's handled this well :thumbsup:

From what I gather, not a lot of places outside of Europe have adequate ADA-type laws :( And the ADA doesn't cover a lot of Americans such as the self employed, those working for very small companies (who are exempted from a lot of Federal employment law), and most religion-based employment is exempt too :bash:Any law that does not apply to everyone equally is BS of the worst kind and needs to either be applied to all or dropped from the law-books altogether <_<