LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Help - Information

I,ve been using diapers for a few years now after becoming urinary incontinent, which is ok for me, I manage quite nicely.

Friday night I noticed that my diaper was a lot drier than usual at my changing time, I had in fact stopped urinating which was quite weird, and also getting uncomfortable.

After about 2 hours of being in a new diaper I looked down and saw that the wetness indicators were still blue showing me that I hadn't urinated.

It happens. You can get a cyst anywhere, and I frequently see them on women's ovaries.

The procedure you'll have does not seem to be very different than a trans-urethral radical prostatectomy, aka the Roto-rooter. It shaves away tissue, such as a cyst would be but the problem is that because it is so close the the urinary sphincter they would be worried about damaging that, which would cause scar tissue which could lead to incontinence.

I would read up on it an find out exactly what they want to do. Get a second opinion if you are not satisfied about what the doctor tells you or what you find in your research.

-piper

Ok I have spoken to the surgen who is going to do my operation she says that basically looking further at my scans and video footage that I have a less than a 10% chance of not being incontinent. I am honestly not bothered by these odds and can't wait for the operation to go ahead. I have stopped using the leg bag as it is too restrictive at night. I have unplugged the bag and have taped the cath to my pubic bone and gone back to using diapers I prefer it this way. I get a decent nights sleep and I am not restricted to sleeping in one position.

The other good news is I only have to wait two weeks they think it will be big enough to come out and there is no point in waiting as she is certain that the daamage is already done.

I know but I really can't be doing with that bag it is too restrictive.

Because I told my doctor about this problem he proscribed a fitment which goes on the end of the cath to minimise infection risk, which I plug in at night.

He also told me that he understood my dillemma and that he had prescribed these fitments before for people who keep getting uti's through catheters.

i have had a leg bag kit that came with a one-way rubber valve inside a plastic cylinder, but it was uncomfortably large to leave attached inside a diaper. i never wear for long enough to worry about it though. and so far so good, 15 years of foleys, intermittents, and a couple of stupid homemade gadgets and only one infection that i needed any help for :-)

and that was when i was 19. doctor: have you been sexually active? me: no. doctor: reeeally? me: nooo...? :-D if he would have asked if i had any idea what caused the infection i *might* have told him, but he didn't!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, a quick update fro you. I have been into hospital and had the procedure it wasn't too painful, and fortunately I didn't have to have a general anaesthetic either.

I now have a catheter for 2 weeks whilst the scar heels. Then they will remove the cath and see if there is any ability to hold urine at all ?

The surgeon told me that the way the cyst had grown meant that when she used the cutter to get rid of it , the cyst had in fact gone into the sphincter a lot more than she had previously thought. She told me that the 10% chance of a full recovery has now deminished to absolute zero.

However, for some reason she ie still optomistic.

I will let you know how it goes , and keep you updated.

Doctors want to seem optimistic- would you really want them to act like there's no hope left? :o They know (and you should too) that hope helps create cures or at least lets most people deal with the remaining problems better :D My GP knows I am a realist so he gives me the straight poop, but every visit ends with a smile and something to reaffirm hope from him :)

That question has tormented the medical profession from the get go. On the one hand,not being told the true facts of the situation if the end in inevitable creates two effects 1. the person does not get their affairs in order 2. As the false hope dies away as the medical situation gets worse, the integrity and perceived efficacy the medical profession is lessened. We all know of the claim that "doctors prolong life though the end is inevitable to have guinea pigs experiment on" That can be used to kill a person in the hands of the psychologically astute

On the other hand, If the endis inevitable some may think "well there is nothingto be done about it so why upset the person unduly?"

In 1998, I had surgery consisting of the removal of a parotid gland known to have a tumor.The next day, as I was to be dismissed from Recovery (this being day surgery) the Surgeon came in and we discussed the matter and she slowly made it known that it was malignant. This had come as no surprise since the lump in my jaw, which had triggered all of this was still there. So I said we should start dealing with this right away. the next week, an appointment was made at the oncology center and the usual tests were performed, and yes, one of them did involve a needle that was THIS BIG. By the end of that month the verdict was in andI would get the diagnosis,Well I was walking in like I was walking to my execution. I had been expecting cancer for 20 years, but still. As it turned out, it was a low-grade but recurrent form of lymphoma (the same kind that got Paul Tsongis and Jackie O I later found, It seems that they had a bit of bad luck in the location of the attack and monoclonal antibody treatment was not around when Tsongis died). well not only am I here to talk about it but after two more attacks, it seems to have been cured. Well I can brag about having lived most of the science fiction war scenarios, I have been exposed to chemical weapons (CVP-1), biological weapons (Rituximab), atomic ray weapons (electronically generated radiation), even anti-matter (PET scan); and I do not even glow in the dark

I guess it depends on the doctor's assessment of the patient's personality taht determines what is said and how it is said. As of may, I shall be on my third oncologist (I have a choice of two; one of whom I have already met, he was subbing when I had my appointment and we hit it off and is the one I have made up my mind to choose and we also have another connection, his mother and I were operated on by the same eye surgeon)

Hi guys, day three, and I am still with catheter.

It is ok I am coping quite nicely. The pain that I have been feeling since the op has been quite uncomfortable it feels a bit like I want to go to the toilet all the time but there is nothing there to go toilet with ??? It's hard to explain. I've now started using the leg bag all day but at night I am switching to diapers as I just can't get used to the bag being restrictive. I am getting a really good nights sleep though.

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's strange how catheters can make you feel like you have to go when you don't, and also make you feel like you don't have to go when you currently are. Both feelings will pass

Hi brian I had that today, the full diaper without realizing. I've ditched the leg bag. I only have another 5 days to go before the cath comes out, and they put a camera in to have a look at the prospect of me not being incontinent.

I will keep you informed.

Kev

The Cath is out !!! YIPPEEEEEE free from the catheter now, and i'm dripping freely. There is no chance now of gaining any sort of control over my bladder. The surgeon told me after inserting the camera that there was healthy scar tissue but the extent of the cyst has left a severe dent in the sphincter which is letting urine flow freely.

So, for me it is a life in diapers, as I can't stand using extertnal catheters, they iritate me.

Just a note if ever needed again - on top of leaking, a few years ago, I started retaining as well, I could not take any of the medications for that (side-effects), so have been straight cathing 3 times a day - initially I was getting infections left and right, but that stopped shortly (don't know if I and/or my wife (sometimes I can't) got a lot better at it, my body built up an immunity to it, or what - but I have not gotten one of them in over a year...It also dose NOT hurt as much as most seem to think.

I constantly drip now. No control whatsoever. The dripping is quite regular, however it depends on how much I drink. I sometimes stop dripping for a minute or two and then a few drops all at once. Using more diapers now because I tend to not wet the rear before leaking at the front. But at night when I am lying on my back the back of my diaper is wet by the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...