LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Obamacare Insurance Exchanges May Cover Diapers

Researching and preparing for my transition away from my godawful HMO, I've become a bit of an expert on Obamacare/ACA, also known as the Affordable Care Act. I'm one of the millions stuck with a godawful HMO, and crap access to care because of pre-existing conditions.

• Like 1

Then there's the debate for ABDLs as to if we should go and get prescriptions for diapers. While that is often criticized... I tend to believe if a diaper provides adequate psychological support, it's far better than most of the medications out there to relieve stress and anxiety.

Not necessarily trying to direct this at anyone but here's my opinion.

For many of us this is a fetish. To basically open the doors to cover a fetish behavior does not bode well with me. Just because this fetish involves a medical device doesn't mean to me it should be covered by insurance. Keep in mind, insurance premiums are used to pay for your coverage. It's you the employee and/or the employer paying these premiums. Sorry, but I don't feel like paying higher insurance premiums for dildos, leather chaps, whips and chains for all other fetish behaviors let alone your diapers because they "help a person mentally". Could you imagine the magnitude of "problems" people would have?

A HUGE pet peeve of mine is when people talk about using insurance to get things for "free". #1 problem many Americans have, wanting something for nothing while the rest of us pay. The diapers may be free to you but it's other people's premiums they're paying so that you can get your diapers free. In other words, NOT free. Yes, you may be a person paying the premiums too, but it not designed to be a take out as much as I put in to get all my money back type of a program. Put the shoe on the other for for once. What if you have been paying for ten years, rates going up yearly and your struggling to make it. You haven't gone in for a thing and find out that your $10k in premiums went to some guy with a balloon fetish, but it made him happy and "happy pills" didn't work. Yeah, not gonna sit well. Just saying. Imagine if you wanted to be compensated for all your car insurance premiums you pay for over the years. You don't add them up then crash your car to get your monies worth. Look at life insurance. Only about 2% of people ever collect on them. Lots of people pay for those few.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get that outta my system. :). I could continue but I'll leave it at that.....for now.... ;)

• Like 1

Definitely on the side of those who are against abdl abuse of the system. You can try to justify it all you want, but an abdl with no medical reason to wear, using the system to get them for free, is abuse, and the rest of the country will pay for it. You wouldn't like paying taxes so people into bdsm get free whips and leather chains. You wouldn't like paying taxes so people who drink alcohol recreationally at home to relax get free booze.

If you need them THAT bad, you need to be talking to a therapist about your abdlism, because it's at the point where it's actively harming you and you need to figure something out.

If you need them THAT bad, you need to be talking to a therapist about your abdlism, because it's at the point where it's actively harming you and you need to figure something out.

While I all I can do is disagree with the first with your first comment, this portion is more ripe for debate.

Unfortunately Infantilism will never be considered a mental issue where a doctor or a licensed sexual therapist would say that someone needs to wear diapers to keep calm and refrain from going insane if they can't wear them...and as an added bonus have medical insurance pay for them since they can't afford to pay for them out of pocket. It just won't happen...plain and simple. And I have a pretty good handle on things of this nature since I work in the health insurance field.

You can disagree with it all you want...it isn't going to change anything. If anything, you are grasping at straws seeing if there is anyway in your mind that getting diapers for free can be justified. All I can say is...good luck with that.

You can disagree with it all you want...it isn't going to change anything. If anything, you are grasping at straws seeing if there is anyway in your mind that getting diapers for free can be justified. All I can say is...good luck with that.