LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Important Is This Group To You?

I was just wondering if this group and/or forum was as important to you as it is for me?

I'd have to say this site is like my FaceBook page for my diapered life.

In fact you Guys & Gals get more of the real me than my friends and aquaintences happen to know about me on F/B. :angel_not:

There are always days/weeks I have to take a break from here and/or F/B especially. :glare:

I've considered closing my account on F/B out of frustration of new rules and policies and intrusions into my life. :angry2:

It's just the opposite here. There are common sense rules but not overwhelming. And much more of a respect of privacy. B)

That's why if you come here often and can, throw in a 5 or 10 or 100 dollar donation to keep the site the way it is. :argue:

I'm glad for the site too, but I think you might be overestimating the true cost to run a forum. Dailydi wants to run a proprietary software board that he pays a regular license fee for, and has the photos and such that use a lot of bandwidth. If a free software forum was implemented without the files sections, it'd be pretty cheap. I'd very much like to support the site, but the current philosophy gets in my way. And if the philosophy changed, the need for donations would plummet as well.

I'm glad for the site too, but I think you might be overestimating the true cost to run a forum. Dailydi wants to run a proprietary software board that he pays a regular license fee for, and has the photos and such that use a lot of bandwidth. If a free software forum was implemented without the files sections, it'd be pretty cheap. I'd very much like to support the site, but the current philosophy gets in my way. And if the philosophy changed, the need for donations would plummet as well.

• Like 1

Mike could certainly do this cheaper BUT would you like to have smaller photo limits? A smaller cache of older topics? A message on your screen telling you the the bandwidth has been exceeded and you can't get on the site when you want to? A Chatroom that has a low limit on how many can be in there at once? All would happen were he to go much cheaper :o Donations made to this site stay here- Mike has other business interests to pay his bills ;)

• Like 1

You apparently didn't get this post the other day. Note that the server price and hosting BEFORE any software or licensing, far from cheap. :P

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=36137&hl=

I guess you missed the part of my post where I mentioned removing the files section as a way to cut down costs. :)

Mike could certainly do this cheaper BUT would you like to have smaller photo limits? A smaller cache of older topics? A message on your screen telling you the the bandwidth has been exceeded and you can't get on the site when you want to? A Chatroom that has a low limit on how many can be in there at once? All would happen were he to go much cheaper :o Donations made to this site stay here- Mike has other business interests to pay his bills ;) And on a number of occasions he has paid the bills generated here all by himself or nearly so :whistling:This is a 'labor of love' on his part and we all benefit from that :groupwave:

The bottom line is that building and operating a site like this is not cheap and never will be. There are many pay sites that give you less than we do which makes DailyDiapers a pretty darn good deal in my book :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I wouldn't mind no photos at all, to be honest. Chat is so easy to be free.. it uses so little bandwidth and cpu I could host chat from a home cable connection if I wanted to and I wouldn't even notice.

You can get completely free forums at a number of places. I understand Dailydi wants to do things differently, and that's totally cool with me. This is his site, not mine. However, when people try to do a guilt trip on me on how I need to pay to support the site, I equally feel the need to point out the waste.

You say this site is not cheap, I don't doubt that at all. And maybe it never will be, but that is by his choice. It could be done extremely cheap, if files are cut and free software is used. Forums are not bandwidth or cpu intensive. It iis only expensive because of choices made.

I really do appreciate the site and applaud Dailydi's vision, I'm just not going to open my pocketbook for it in the present fashion. I enjoy the site immensely, but I would enjoy a slimmed down version even more. I'd be willing to donate my time and effort and yes even money to something like that.

I used to hang out in DPF a lot, and that was fun....met a L*O*T of really great people and such....but we all know what happened to that place....oh well. DD here is my main hang out now, as others have said the "other places' just don't fill the bill ....as it were :P I have found like minded people here to chat with, have met many others in person at events and made more friends..and it's a place to let me know that I'm not qwazy for being who and what I am....something I dealt with long before the internet.....that was a lonely time. As far as I am concerned DD is T*H*E place for anyone looking for info or friendship and camaraderie and a great knowledge base etc. I hang out here a lot, and have contributed financially over time when needed, or when I can afford, and I'm OK with that, because I see where it goes and feel that it is a worth while endevour, vs what I had before the internet....which was nothing but doubt and uncertianty. I know that I'm not alone and there are a L*O*T of others who are like me....and I'm not (such) a weirdo! :blush: So thanks Mikie for keeping the doors open and providing this 'space' for like minded people with common interests :thumbsup: I hope DD is around for a very very long time :D

There are parts of this site which hold little interest for me. Were they gone I would not miss them :P But someone else would miss them, and they are as important as me ;) This site is for everyone and that broad focus is why so many are here. That enriches the experience for all of us, for were it not for that wide diversity we would not have a chance to get to know those with different interests because they wouldn't then be here :(