LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New To Diapers! New To The Site!

Raul

Greetings!

New to diapers and new to the site! A first step, here, and realize that there is a lot to learn so will be grateful for all advice, information, suggestions and tips.

About me? Only very recently started wearing diapers following a real interest and curiosity and am completely fascinated by the feelings and sensations of the bulk, the wetness, the weight, the squishiness (is that a word?) and the warmth. Have tired washable cloth pull-on styles, different disposables and have ordered a bunch of items from Chinese diaper makers (www.nicediaper.com especially). Always use plastic pants, as well.

This all said, my experiences are usually bad ones. Everything leaks. I haven't worn them to bed yet for fear of making a real mess. In a word, a real novice here who can benefit from the collective experience.

Will be glad to hear from you and get myself on the right track. Also very curious about the physical/medical side of this in terms of rashes and other problems from wet skin, kidney infections and other problems from the plastic or latex causing allergic reactions.

Biggest thrill so far: Discovered Depend GUARDS for men which swell up like three times their size to add for some real weight and bulk. Anyone else use these, too?

Ciao!

Raul

I am fascinated by people getting into diapers as an adult rather than as a child. But how did you get into diapers? What triggered your curiosity about it?

That sucks your diapers keep leaking. Mine don't leak with cloth or with Wellness Briefs.

• Like 1

Ciao!

Thanks for your note and for getting this discussion going. Not sure what the trigger for the interest was and why now, in my 30s and not as a child. Didn't wet the bed. Didn't think anything of this. Then, about a year or so ago I took the wrong turn inside Walgreen's and ended up in the incontinence aisle. I remember standing there for a long time, looking at the different things and then, really strangely, getting the warm fuzzies down below (wink wink). Thought and thought... and you know how it is that action gets lost in thought... and then finally, bought a pack of the fitted diapers and started trying them out. Immediately, I was hooked.

The problem I have now is the learning curve because it seems everything I am doing is the wrong thing. I have no luck with disposables alone. None. Zero. Nada. Then, I started buying plastic diaper covers and other diaper contraptions with a padded inside and plastic outside (especially from China and the suppliers there). These were helping but only to a point. Still lots of leaking. Then, I tried out the soaker pads and other inserts (like the Depend guards for men as I mentioned) which help a lot and really add to the bulk and weight of the diaper which I really like.

I have tried wearing for full days (starting with the gym in the morning) and this works only if I am careful with frequent changes. The fear of leaking through the seat of my suit pants scares the crap out of me. I have worn on week-ends on days of errands and meeting up with friends, usually under baggy shorts which don't seem to tip anyone off that there is a diaper underneath. I've really wanted to wear to bed because I have an idea of how fantastic this is going to feel but I don't have the Plan B in place of a plastic sheet or bed pads in place and don't want to risk ruining my 2,000 dollar mattress. So, am holding off there for the moment.

Right now, I have Tena brand slips with the maximum absorbency and the Depend guards. I will sometimes pull up one of the cloth/plastic contraptions over top and, always, a plastic diaper cover. Most recently, got the LeakMaster deluxe (thick as a shower curtain and really noisy which I like) but the Chinese ones are also really good, too. And affordable with quick shipping.

Thanks again for writing!

I am fascinated by people getting into diapers as an adult rather than as a child. But how did you get into diapers? What triggered your curiosity about it?

That was so weird reading this. I posted something very similar in another intro thread where someone had just gotten into the fetish recently.

On the original subject, Raul, ahem… which direction do you point? Pointing downwards goes a long way to reducing the chance of leaks particularly while laying down. Problem there, for some myself included, is that's rather uncomfortable for walking around.

• Like 1

Yes, it is a learning curve. Most of us were in the same situation when we started out, although many of us were younger when we started wearing diapers. I suggest browsing these forums for topics on leaking, diapering, sizes, absorbency and problems others have had like you. I also don't know how you are going about it, so I'll give a few general tips. Make sure that you don't "flood" your diaper all at once. Some people that have to go bad will just let everything out in a rush and the disposable diaper dosn't have enough time to absorb that much all at once. Best to pee smaller amounts at a time to let your diaper absorb better. I used to point down all the time when I wet, but then figured I was waisting the front half of my diaper. Now I point up when I start to pee, then after I'm done and the front of my diaper is wet, I reposition and point down so the next pee will start soaking my crotch and the seat of my diaper. Pee slower! Choose a good brand of diaper that is really absorbent. Wear plastic pants over it to help prevent leaks. Also, realize that when your diaper is soaked, it will leak if you don't change it. Only you will know how much you are wetting it each time, where the wetness tends to gather most in the diaper, and at what point you will need to change to prevent leaks. That may mean changing your diaper before it is totally soaked if all the wetness floods in the crotch, for example, or all in one area of your diaper. Stuffers will help, but I suspect that you may just need to pee slower and not flood your diaper all at once.

Welcome! Experimentation is one of the funner applications of this lifestyle. While I pretty well have what works for me down to a science, it's still alot of fun to try different things and different brands :D

Ciao tutti!

Thanks, really, for the interesting comments, advice, input and information. All well received!

Clearly, there is lots to learn to become "successful" (for want of a better word) and comfortable with everything. For me, still, the fear factor is what inhibits me from really making moves here. It is the fear of leaking through clothing and not the fear of being 'outed' (if that makes any sense) that is kind of stalling me right now. I am in a suit and tie everyday and could not imagine what the consequences might or could be if I meet a client with a big wet circle on my ass or in front of my pants or with a whiz line down my pant leg. Of course, then paranoia comes in further and I start to wonder what the boss would say, what this could mean for my job security, the end of any growth in the firm, firing... knowing that not everyone is sensitive or sensible or tolerant of something that is different from what they know to be the norm. I was standing in line at Starbucks awhile back, wearing what I thought was a good choice under a pair of basketball shorts (Tena slip, Depend guard stuffed inside, one of the cloth get-ups with a pvc outer cover and then a plastic diaper cover over top) when all of a sudden I felt a warm wetness down the back of my legs. There was no way to hide this. I left quickly and without the coffee out of a panic which I realized later was just stupid. I mean, there are medical issues for incontinence, right?, and so why would this be anything to make you dash out of the coffee shop....

Strangely, and in parallel, I have no issues with the idea of being found out about packing a diaper when I am out of the professional environment. I play basketball on Saturday mornings and have sometimes put the diaper on before going to the game. The guys often give ass slaps, as guys will do, but no one has commented or said anything about a 'diaper butt' or anything. If anyone has noticed, no one has commented. Mind you, basketball shorts are baggy and forgiving. I've read comments from others about worries about the bulge in the front being noticed or the, again, diaper butt in the back but none of this really phases me to the point where I would be worried about someone thinking I've got more than just my boxers on underneath.

Another quirk: I love the sound of the plastic covers. Is this just me or is anyone else strangely excited about this? The Chinese ones are great for their noise factor. They must have a good deal of rubber in them, too, because there is that unmistakable smell, especially during really hot weather and if I've had them on for awhile. I would wish they were better at stopping the leaks but, as I'm learning from this discussion, I'm probably flooding and filling too full.

So, what's the secret here? How to self-train to 'dribble' instead of 'put out a fire like a fire hose?' Is it possible to really get to the point where it is just an unconscious drip-drip-drip instead of the blast? And what about night time, too? I'm dying to give this a go, imagining how great it will feel to sleep in a wet diaper (the experience in dry ones is ok but without the pleasure and warm fuzzies I am sure are to be had) but have not found a plastic sheet for a king size bed and I don't want to risk a big mess.

Grazzie!

It's always interesting to me how some people have leaking issues and some don't. I do flood and I don't think I pee unusually small amounts. I drink a lot in general and have always been able to hold my urine longer than seems normal. Still even in something crappy like Depends Maximum Protection I never have any issues leaking. The only time I have had leaks is back when I didn't know how to tape diapers on properly and later with the new Dry 24/7 Mediums which are too big on me and always leak from around the legs.

The problem is flooding the diapers all at once is going to make them leak. Diapers are not made to be flooded. You have to go small amounts in them. I was where you were at when I started. I found that if I pee a little in the diaper and not let my bladder get full and just let it out before it gets full, the diaper didn't leak and I went more often. Then it just made me feel I had to go more often because my bladder got used to not having pee in there.

But there are diapers out there that are made to be flooded (since some people with incontinence are flooders) like with cloth or Wellness briefs or Molicare Super Plus but if those are still leaking on you, I am not sure then what the problem is. My ex boyfriend seemed to be a flooder and he never leaked unless his diaper got too wet and he didn't change it in time. He wore Tenas and he wore two at once and he used tape to hold them in place and to make them tight on him so that way they lasted longer and didn't leak.

He said he wears plastic pants and still has leaking issues. I have no issue flooding even something like the plastic backed Depends but from what I gather that's unusual. Maybe because I'm so particular about getting the fit right? I don't know. Humans are all pretty darn different.

Well, as with most things, you get what you pay for. I tend to wear high quality disposables and I flood these on a regular basis. I'm talking no difference in going in the toilet or going in a diaper. I just let it fly. The high quality disposables handle it quite easily and I've not had a flood related leak in years.

I've wet to the point of saturation before many times and this is when leaks become an issue. I'm currently in an Abena L4 and it will take one more good wetting before I even need to worry about changing it. If I go beyond that then I run the risk of leaks but my confidence level in these diapers is quite high.....

I get away with wearing these thick diapers at work because I wear cover-alls. In the unlikely event of a leak I can just explain any signs of wetness away as a spill or something else. I don't think I would run the risk of wearing a thicker diaper such as my Abenas, Bambino's, or Dry 24/7's under a pair of slacks or suit pants just because I think they'd be completely obvious. I'd be too self-concious at that point ;)

• Like 1

Ciao!

Thanks, everyone, for the input and ideas. The feedback is great, really, and much appreciated.

I think the problem is the diaper itself (not one of the high absorbency ones some of you are talking about), flooding (although for some, clearly, this is not a problem) and then going too long between changes.

Question for you all: I read, just earlier, in one of the other forums about using proper baby diapers as supplements. I wondering about this myself but then thought it a stupid question to ask. Are any of you doing this? What are the best ones and what is the process? From what I gather, it is making some adjustments to the baby diaper by slitting the plastic backing to enable a proper flow and using it as a supplement to the disposable itself. Tips or ideas will be appreciated as I would definitely give this a try.

It will be quite challenging to wear anything with any kind of bulk under my suit pants. Flat fronts and slim cuts means no room for anything else except what is supposed to be inside. I have tried a single disposable and a guard and while it did make me look like I was 'packing up front,' it wasn't any kind of tip off that I was just not naturally very well endowed ;^) Still, while i wore them to the office, I didn't risk actually wetting for fear of the leaks.

Out of the office, however, is much different as I wrote yesterday. Loose shorts, athletic pants or other similar things are just fine for pulling up and over and there is the extra room for a thicker diaper (or diapers) underneath.

Want to ask everyone about the transition to 24/7 wear for those of you who are experienced. Curious about the training process and getting yourself into the routine. DYING to get this going for bed time, too, but need to sort out the equipment first and a plastic sheet as well.

Thanks again! Write any time you have time!

Baci!

Raul

Guards can be small width wise. You could be "splashing" against it and then the outer diaper may not be tight enough with the right abosrbtion layers at the location of "impact" causing it to run down your leg.

If you still need an insert, Tranquility makes a very wide one. Though the reviews are not very good.

Better quality diapers will help, no doubt about it. Often, they are bulkier and you may want to try them at home or when off work first, as a Molicare oe Abena L-4 or other top brands may be a little too bulky for your taste under your suits (for those times the boss is around or you are with clients, as you have mentioned). One thing that has happened with me personally and tends to happen with many others is how you pee in your diaper. As mentioned, flooding all at once will often cause leaking. When I first got into diapers I would put one on when I really had to pee bad and flood it. The thing was, I was about to burst and gennerally people in life don't always wait that long before they pee. I wanted to have a soaked diaper right away which was why I let things build up that much. I still do often wait until I have to go bad to put on a diaper, but I pee slower when letting it out to avoid leaks. Now, here is what has changed for me a little over the years. When I have a diaper on, like many people here, I don't hold it in like normal until I have to go. I pee every 10 to 15 minutes, small amounts. It's like I just want to keep my bladder as empty as possible so I let go as soon as I feel a little in there. This does 2 things. One, it keeps me from flooding my diaper, knowing that the smaller amounts I pee very frequently will allow me to know better when my diaper is getting to the saturation point and needs to be changed to prevent leaking. Second, it's almost like being incontinent. When I start to pee small amounts frequently, I almost forget I'm doing it because it just seems natural to let every little amount out right away in my diaper. You may want to try doing that. It may take a little time, but every 10 minutes you may want to just try emptying your bladder into your diaper. It may be hard at first if you are not used to pushing out small amounts of pee, but once you get in the habit, it goes very well and is comfortable! Sometimes, though, after I go back to underpants I get the feeling of having to pee every 10 minutes which can be uncomfortable until my system recovers in a few hours. I have to be extra consious to hold my pee after taking myself out of diapers. I'm not 24/7 by any means and usually will wear only for about 3-4 hours unless out fishing in my boat or out of town running errands all day.

• Like 1

When I am having "fun" in bed, I put down a thin plastic birthday party tablecloth (it's essentially just a very large plastic sheet). You can get them from the dollar store. Then I also keep a towel with me. That way if I do have a leak, the tablecloth saves my bed, and I can clean up any puddles with the towel before standing up.

If you want something more, walmart sells cheap vinyl fitted sheets you can place under your sheets. My son has one on his bed because he is still stuggling with bedwetting.. they work well.

I have used Luvs 6 in my depends max, so I could make quick changes in restrooms. If I pee slow and change it after every time I go, they seem to work decently (don't hold in a huge 44oz volume pee and try to make it hold that though, know what I mean?). For the most part the outer diaper does not get wet at all, but sometimes if I peed too fast, some small amount can trickle out the bottom of the Luvs, so the outer diaper might eventually need a change too. One thing I do now is cut the tapes off the Luvs before inserting them, because they tend to snag on random parts of the diaper otherwise.

• Like 1

Ciao tutti!

Many thanks to everyone for the information and advice.

Day off today for some running around so am taking advantage of the time out of flat front pencil leg suit pants to diaper up and give some of the advice a try for real.

So far, here is the skinny:

In the gym at 8. Tena maximum absorbency slip with a Libero size 6 for boys stuffed inside following some of the tips I've read on other forums and news sites. I slit the back of the Libero to let everything flow to where it needs to flow. Over top, as always, a plastic diaper cover with these leak-proof little things around the leg openings that the manufacturer assured me will 'revolutionize diapering.' So, let's see. Not buying shares in the company yet.

Around 11:30 now and having a mocchiato grande at Starbucks. Still all ok down below. Am trying not to flood (I think this was the problem, really) and being quite mindful of how to release in smaller spurts rather than a tsunami.

Enormous amount of bulk down there now which, I admit, I quite like. I am in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt with no covering up of any sort. Like I wrote before, I am not bothered outside of the office environment if anyone thinks I am wearing a diaper.Clearly, there is 'diaper butt' and clearly there is a bulge in the front but there is something strangely erotic about this being out and about in public. Is that weird? Will be curious to hear comments. The plastic diaper cover is quite noisy, too, but this also adds to the appeal of it all. Have not pulled on a pair of underwear like some of the other members here have suggested.

Got another diaper in the car (the Tena slip with the Libero for boys ready and in place) in case of some leaking or if this mocchiato grande was a bad idea after all. Got a dentist appointment later, need to stop at Lowe's for a few things and so will enjoy this day of experimenting. Frankly, I am not thrilled with the Tena after seeing what some of the others look like. Very little coverage as i see in comparison to some others.

So far, so good! No leaks! Loads of bulk! Feels great! Heading out now. More later!

Mille grazzie!

Raul

Ciao tutti!

The day out and about in the diaper worked like a charm, really. Thanks to everyone for all the information and advice. I had a Tena maximum absorbency slip, a couple of Libero boys size 5s inside as boosters and, since I'm still not confident in my abilities here to go without, a plastic diaper cover pulled on over top. I was amazed that nothing leaked and I am sure it is a combination of the tricks I have learned from you all AND the boosters.

Quick question: I've torn off the flaps-tapes on the Liberos but are there any other tricks for better results? Ripped them open to remove the backing didn't work. The fuzzy filler just went flying all over the bedroom like a snow storm. Will be curious to hear what others using this method are doing.

I wore this all day from running around in the morning, to an hour or so at Starbucks to a dentist appointment and then to the mall. The only hiccup, really, was the drooping because by the end of the day, they were full and quite heavy which brings me to two questions: how to deal with the droop and what about the chaffing? My inner thighs were quite tender by the end of the day from the plastic-on-skin action. The droop is not uncomfortable at all but it does make it all more obvious that there is something more than just boxer shorts down below.

I was careful to notice reactions from others, if there were any, while I was out. I am not sure if it was any paranoia or just over reacting on my part but it did seem like a few people glanced down to my crotch area. No comments, though, and certainly no laughs or whispers or anything. I was a bit worried at the dentist's since lying back in the chair, the bulge in front would have been more noticeable but, again, no one said anything.

Still want to try night time use. The plastic table cloth idea is fantastic as a way to protect the mattress from leaks. Just did not think about this at all!

Thanks again, everyone, for the tips. The learning curve is getting smaller which is great. Head to the gym now with the same gear as the other day.

Ciao,amici!

Raul

Raul--

Welcome to the community... you've already started to discover the many people who have helpful advice for you, as you wander into this world. I'm a DL who discovered my love for diapers in the early 70s--- WAAAAAY before the internet, and anything like this (or any) website-- so I'm telling you: Live The Dream! ;)

You've already started to figure out what your particular diapering needs are, for your particular needs. Everyone's a little different... you're well on your way.

But about the "are people noticing that I'm diapered?" question-- let me be the first to address that one:

Generally, NO. Not at all.

It's not people's first thought. They're complete, random strangers on the street-- you're in and out of their awareness in 5 seconds. Whatever fleeting impression they may have noticed of you will be gone in 15 seconds. Your diapers are such a random, arbitrary possibility to them-- you'd pretty much have to bend over and flash them a backside-waistband shot to make them aware that you're wearing diapers.

Seriously. I've been wearing diapers in public under my jeans (not for need-- just for I don't care) for 15 years. I've never been aware of anybody paying any attention. Never! Even when I first started wearing them out in public, and I was hyper-aware of other people-- NEVER. It's never been a thing. PEOPLE JUST DON'T NOTICE IT. Even super-crinkly disposable diapers-- no, I wouldn't wear them in a quiet environment, but in an out-and-about public situation it's pretty safe to say nobody will notice.

Raul-- it's pretty simple: Just don't let anybody actually SEE your diaper, and nobody will suspect.

At the very worst: If your diaper actually starts to SMELL? People won't think "diaper"; they'll just think "BAD PERSONAL HYGIENE". (But you, personally, should have changed a LONG time ago.) Seriously-- "he's wearing a diaper" is a really, REALLY random bullet-point for most people to arrive at.

In summary? Put on your diaper... pull on a comfy pair of pants over them... and get out into the world, without paranoia. Nobody knows-- or cares.

Hell-- after I post this, I'm gonna change into a dry diaper (Bambino Bellissimo and plastic pants) and head out to a bar to see a friend's band. Lots of beers, no worries.

cheers... and have fun!

Mark.

• Like 1

I wore this all day from running around in the morning, to an hour or so at Starbucks to a dentist appointment and then to the mall. The only hiccup, really, was the drooping because by the end of the day, they were full and quite heavy which brings me to two questions: how to deal with the droop and what about the chaffing? My inner thighs were quite tender by the end of the day from the plastic-on-skin action. The droop is not uncomfortable at all but it does make it all more obvious that there is something more than just boxer shorts down below.

I was careful to notice reactions from others, if there were any, while I was out. I am not sure if it was any paranoia or just over reacting on my part but it did seem like a few people glanced down to my crotch area. No comments, though, and certainly no laughs or whispers or anything. I was a bit worried at the dentist's since lying back in the chair, the bulge in front would have been more noticeable but, again, no one said anything.

Still want to try night time use. The plastic table cloth idea is fantastic as a way to protect the mattress from leaks. Just did not think about this at all!

W.r.t. droop and chafing, using a onesie is a pretty standard response as that's what they're designed for. I routine wear snug briefs or boxer briefs over my diapers and have found them sufficient for helping support a heavy diaper and avoiding plastic on skin chafing.

As for folks looking at your crotch - it's possible that they really are looking, and they they would have looked whether you were diapered or not. Plenty of times when I'm not diapered it *seems* like I notice someone looking towards my crotch, sometimes intently enough that I'll check to make sure my zipper's up. Some of the lookers may in fact really be looking, but that doesn't have anything to do with diapers - they could just be checking you out regardless. Others may not be paying much attention to what they're looking at - it's just coincidence that your crotch is in their field of vision when you notice them. The difference is that you're paying attention to what they're looking at when you're diapered. Sometime when you're not diapered pay attention to what the people you pass on the sidewalk are looking at. You'll probably notice the same patterns.

As for cheap mattress protection, the table cloth idea is good. In my case I bought a standard shower curtain - it's about the same size as a queen size mattress. I put it under the fitted sheet when I know I'll be diapered/wetting at night.

Wearing underwear over them may help with the drooping. Drooping diapers are so uncomfortable. If you wear jeans over them, they won't sag either.

Ciao tutti!

The day out and about in the diaper worked like a charm, really. Thanks to everyone for all the information and advice. I had a Tena maximum absorbency slip, a couple of Libero boys size 5s inside as boosters and, since I'm still not confident in my abilities here to go without, a plastic diaper cover pulled on over top. I was amazed that nothing leaked and I am sure it is a combination of the tricks I have learned from you all AND the boosters.

Quick question: I've torn off the flaps-tapes on the Liberos but are there any other tricks for better results? Ripped them open to remove the backing didn't work. The fuzzy filler just went flying all over the bedroom like a snow storm. Will be curious to hear what others using this method are doing.

Thanks again, everyone, for the tips. The learning curve is getting smaller which is great. Head to the gym now with the same gear as the other day.

Ciao,amici!

Raul

For the baby diapers, pull the elastic waistbands off them; they should come off fairly easily without ripping open the middle part. I use a pair of scissors to poke small holes in many places on the plastic rather than make a few big cuts; this prevents the SAP from coming out while allowing liquid to soak through easy. Also using a hot glue gun to secure it in place inside the adult diaper helps. Or of course you could just buy stuffers from bambino or ABU; they work great because you don't need to poke holes and they have adhesive backing.

If you're still leaking frequently, take more care when taping up the diapers perhaps. Lay down and do the lower tapes first snug along your thighs, then do the top tapes angling slightly down. Also if you're going to wear in public, get some lycra shorts or some sort of snug underwear so your diaper does shift around as much.

For nighttime use, I have a washable mattress protector I got off ebay. It about 3 feet square, plastic on one side and a cute winnie the pooh cloth cover on the other. I don't wet the bed but if I'm really drunk I'll wear a diaper to bed and sleep on that so I don't ruin the mattress. Saved me quite a few times :)

Ciao!

Many thanks to everyone for the advice, information and input. It's great to be able to learn from everyone's experiences.

My God, what a fantastic feeling this is! I spent all of Sunday in a diaper (Tena slip plus a few Libero size 7s for boys stuffed inside as a booster and then the plastic diaper cover) and it was great. Amazingly, no leaks for the whole day (a good 8 hours or so). Nothing at all like before. Mind you, for the few hours I was on the couch in front of the tv watching basketball, I did have the plastic protector sheet in place just in case. Walgreen's had the Depend protectors (sort of like a yard by a yard in size) on sale, even, so grabbed a package of those. Won't work for the bed but certainly is great for the couch.

Loving the Liberos. Amazingly absorbent and the expansion is enormous. Great feeling, really. Just had no idea you could have such a happy time in your pants!

Re: people noticing: I agree with all the comments. No one is looking despite how it might appear. I think being a bit self-conscious about it just heightens the paranoia. Weirdly, I really don't care much about this outside of the professional setting. I am still working on getting brave enough for the office, in fact, but outside I am fine with this all and don't do anything to really cover up. I was in shorts and a t-shirt again on Sunday and did a few errands and while there is clearly diaper butt and a bulge in the front, I don't think anyone really bothered to look, take notice and make the conclusion that it was a diaper.

Re: keeping the bed dry: The shower curtain idea is great, too! DYING to start sleeping in wet diapers and will certainly try this idea.

Re: drooping: Onesie, huh? I don't really mind the droopy drawers as much as I mind the chafing from the skin on plastic action. I'll give it a try because clearly the droop does come with some consequences.

Sorry to be back in proper briefs this morning and for the week but will look forward to a diapered week-end. Such a great feeling, really. Thanks again to everyone!

Baci,

Raul