LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Rid Of The Smell Of Smoke?

Few days back I had some microwave popcorn, and, uh, left it in too long, or 'full power' somehow managed to be too high. I was quite upset to realise it wasn't steam coming from the bag, but smoke, complete with a huge pancake of popcorn and ash in the middle of the bag.

Anyway, I had most of it anyway before dumping the bag while lying in bed. Now there's a light smell of smoke and ash in my room. You get used to it while inside, but after leaving the room and returning, I can definitely pick it up.

I have about a week to remove the smell - if not one week, then at least three or four. I've gone a couple days leaving my window open for hours on end, to little avail. The smell used to always be in the hallway but now it seems to have been covered over with the smell of 'actual' cooking. I've sprayed air freshener all over my room with seemingly no result.

Does smoke have a particular staying power? Any ideas on how to remove this?

• 3 weeks later...

"Ozuim" aerosol from your local headshop works wonders temporarily :whistling: Having done fire restoration cleaning once here's what you need to do in the room or affected area. This list is from most effective to least necessary, you will probably find a point where you can stop:

Have a fan blowing out of the window from the worst area, taking in air from inside the house. Place pie pans with a box of baking soda in each one wherever you can (change contents daily). Wash or dry clean all fabrics. Shampoo rugs and carpets. Air out bedding with fans blowing over them (24 hours minimum). Wash all washable hard surfaces.

Maintain things by keeping Febreze or regular dryer sheets stashed around and changing them every few days till it's all gone. Smoke and smoke odors are oily and get into anything permeable and get onto the rest, which makes it super-tough to get rid of the smell. Good luck- you'll need it!

Bettypooh

washing ALL the sheets, comforters and clothing that was not in a drawer or closet in the room. Than get some of that resolve pet odor spray for your carpet and follow the directions for spraying and than vacuuming. most likely because you ate it in bed the smell has permeated into the sheets and blankets and immediate clothing as well as any carpet.

do this, than put either some open tupper wear containes of coffee beans, or baking soda around your room.

As of late I've been trying incense with the window wide open (pretty much 90 degrees, left after as well). I'll have to try more febreeze (well, air wick) this weekend, along with the coffee beans. I'm starting to wonder if it's clinging to the curtains...

Get the real febreeze product, it is a odor neutralizer not just a cover up like a airwick type of spray. And yes spray the heck out of the curtains. Get the aerosol kind not the pump. :)

Radiate the inverse sine function at 2.54 GHz while invoking Schrodinger's cat (forgive the missing umlaut) within the space that you are trying to manipulate time in. Of course, since you're close to him, you could always hire Stephen Hawking to help you rather than trying to find Schrodinger's cat.

Radiate the inverse sine function at 2.54 GHz while invoking Schrodinger's cat (forgive the missing umlaut) within the space that you are trying to manipulate time in. Of course, since you're close to him, you could always hire Stephen Hawking to help you rather than trying to find Schrodinger's cat.

I got as far as getting the cat, should I do this inside or outside of a skinnerbox though?