LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stash Concealment

wetdiap

Does anyone have any good stash concealment tips?? My diaper stock is becoming quite large (see pic) because I'm buying more and more brands of diapers to try. Thus, I'm having a difficult time hiding them. I'm living with a buddy and his gf who can be nosey at times. Obviously I should lock my door, but are there any other good ideas? I used to keep my stash in the trunk of my car. That got old rea; quick. I was thinking about getting a container to put under the bed, but I'm not totally sold on that idea yet. It's hard to keep powder, oil, wipes, plastic pants, and the like hiden in my room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They have skinny containers that will roll nicely under your bed. Not sure where you're at, but Ikea has a few that are opaque:

This one: http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/90027811/

And this one: http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/10215788/

And this one: http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/30163260/

All of which should hide your stuff nicely. If you have a full-sized bed I'd definitely go with the first one. It's got the two sides on top open for easy access either way.

Along the footlocker concept, but more expensive is a Lane chest at the foot of your bed. It's a nice piece of furniture with a locking lid (rather than an obvious padlock) and looks like you are just decorating your room rather than just getting a locking footlocker to hide stuff.

Good luck bhra!

Honu

In that situation I'd want locking storage with a good lock :ph34r: I'd also do the bulk of my storage off-site, having only enough on hand to get me through comfortably. But then again I'd never have any nosy people in my house either :whistling: That's your real problem and no lock or camouflage will deter someone who really wants to get into your business. With respectful roomies I've never felt a need to lock my door except to keep children out, so a regular bed and bath lock was always sufficient. If it took more than that it was time to move B)

Bettypooh

i personally set mine on top of my toilet and on the side table, then all un-open and spair in the towel closet.

then again, before i stoped careing, i hid my stuff in the laundry basket. who looks through dirty laundry?

Along the footlocker concept, but more expensive is a Lane chest at the foot of your bed. It's a nice piece of furniture with a locking lid (rather than an obvious padlock) and looks like you are just decorating your room rather than just getting a locking footlocker to hide stuff.

Good luck bhra!

Honu

The Lane chest has one downfall, they are usually lined with aromatic cedar which means your diaper stash will end up smelling like cedar. I think cedar may damage vinyl and plastic too which would be really bad for waterproof pants.

Hugs,

Freta

I used to hide my stash under my bottom dresser drawers, but my dresser went all the way to the floor. Who is going to bother to pull a drawer all the way out to look for diapers?

When I had to hide things (before I lived alone) I only kept plastic pants (which I had made myself out of mattress liners and PVC pipeweld glue). To avoid my incredibly nosy mother I kept them in the rubbish bag in the garage with all the garage waste on top. Then if the worst happened they would only be thrown away.

Currently I have two of the old large floor standing speakers with the big woofers in it. I just unscrew the woofer and there is room enough for a bag of diapers plus some more. If you have some tools and are handy you could cut a door in the backside.

Those IKEA boxes also might be able to mod them so you put some small lugguage locks on them.

I think the easiest one though would be the locking filing cabinet. No one is going to question why you have one or what is in it.

I got a metal cabinet from work bck when I used to hide things had two swinging doors n a locking handle ... Also had two metal drawers with pad locks on em .. n when parents or gfs asked .. my old paychecks n bills etc. That o Dw vulnerable to a burglar .. lol I used to go nuts buying every new thing I could find at medical supply stores so having a large cabinet that locked was key .

Awe man, I was going to suggest a locking file cabinet too. I know TONS of office people stash their snacks/liquor in them, why not diapers at home. Heck you could even organize your papers in one of the drawers!

I let my door security be a bit lax, but I also have 2 baby minitors hidden in my personal space, that way I can hear if anyone goes in there or touches anything. The reciever is small and digital too, makes no background noise, silences much repetitive mechanical noises like my dehumidifier too.

Thanks guys! I'm going to look at IKEA. I'd like to find a box similar to the ones they sell that are lockable. The locking file cabinet is a great idea too, but I have limited space. Right now my stuff is in a trunk that locks in the spare room. Although, it can still be opened easily without a key if someone tried hard enough.

I dont have to hide them to much but my wife likes them out of site just incase. So we have a dresser in the closet and on top the dresser we hang our clothes so it touches the top. I found that putting or stacking my diapers on top the dresser and put the hanging clothes around it hides it very well! i have about 2 cases there in bags not boxes stacked about 2 high and i reach back for a diaper when i need :P

• 5 months later...

Get an exterior door knob, the kind you have to put a key in to open it and put it on your bedroom closet door. It's unobtrusive and nobody but the most nosey people will even notice the different kind of doorknob. You could even put a lock like this on your bedroom door to maintain your privacy. You could also put motion sensors in your room to set off an ear piercing siren if someone violates your space.

It seems to me that adding locks where there were none before would do more to draw attention to the idea that something's being hidden there.

It would depend on how snoopy they are. A couple inaccurately labeled boxes stacked in the closet would deter most people. Books, Old Clothes, etc.

If they're likely to pick up and shake a box, however, don't label it books if it's full of diapers, as that would be obvious the moment they picked it up.

Old clothes might work better - even put a layer of old clothes on top of the stash if they do open it.

Here's a second idea. I'm assuming that you live with others that you want to hide this from and that if they can open a drawer or rubbish bin, they will. The idea is to store your stash in a duffel bag and secure it with a padlock. As an adult you deserve some privacy and keeping a locked bag is not grounds for throwing you out of the house. No cedar oils, plenty of air movement and very cheap.