LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Curious About Cloth

Have always been a tad curious about cloth and up to this point couldn't commit time or money to them so I've gotten disposables since I purchased my first adult diaper in 2004. I finally think now is the right time to try them. Even if I don't like them its okay but I still wanna try. My question is: Is there a specific brand of diapers or plastic pants you'd recommend to someone who likes disposables? I like both thick Bambinos and thin Depends Max Protection if that helps. Also can you describe the feeling of wetting and pooping a cloth diaper? How is it different than a disposable?

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Selecting a brand of cloth diapers is often a case of simply finding ones that are available and that fit. At least, that has been the case for me. Personally, I like the ones available from Lovingcomfort.com. The problem is that the company has been unreliable. When I was your age, the 21x40 gauze baby diapers fit me quite well and worked very well when 2 or 3 layers were used. These are often available locally.

Plastic pants I get from angelfluff.com. I prefer their "Professional" model.

My experience is that cloth diapers work better at night than disposables. I'm a bed wetter and I tend to sleep on my side. Disposables don't have enough padding on the sides, so I often leak when I've tried using them at night. I also often change positions during the night. Unprotected disposables are often torn. So, some sort of elastic pants are needed to hold them in place.

The feeling while using cloth is not much different than using a disposable. Cloth diapers feel wet because the saturated cloth is in d,irect contact with the skin. Disposables have a protective layer next to the skin and the urine is captured in an absorbent layer below. So, they tend to feel dry until they get very wet.

Clean up is the biggest difference. Disposables you take off and throw away then clean yourself up. Cloth diapers need to rinsed out and stored until you do the laundry. Plus, you need to launder them within no more than five days or they can start to mildew.

I love cloth diapers. While I am sure there are other vendors that do a fine job, two I can definitely recommend are baby-pants.com and fetware.com.

Both have high quality cloth diapers and plastic pants and the service is excellent. Both outfits try to ship same day -- if your order is in at a reasonable time.

Comco cloth diapers and plastic pants are the best i have found i think you will like them too the price is fair.let me know what you think of them

I am using and like the comco plastic pants. I have not tried their diapers. I do like the prefold diapers I purchased from changing times diaper co.

they are a tiwll diaper material, comfortable and absorbent and on sale, their site states they are closing.

You might try starting out by purchasing the plastic pants and using towels, or fannel, or terry cloth material from a fabric store.

I'm wearing a velcro cloth diaper I got from AB Universe. I like it, but prefer pull up ones. I have a large collection of them. As far as plastic pants, I get mine from adultclothdiaper.com, babypants.com, protexmedical.com. I wear cloth diapers everyday, so I'm a bit of an expert.

Pinned gauze diapers are very important to me.

I wear 36" square 2-ply flat gauze diapers from ACD. With those I use Gerber Birdsye baby pre-folds as soakers. On nights before I will be going to work, as the soaker next to my skin I wear a disposable pad made from a Pampers Extra Protection Size 4 baby diaper. However, when I want to be in my adult baby mode I do not use any disposables.

Over my gauze diapers I wear vinyl pull-on panties from the Kins Division of Babykins.

I love cloth diapers. While I am sure there are other vendors that do a fine job, two I can definitely recommend are baby-pants.com and fetware.com.

Both have high quality cloth diapers and plastic pants and the service is excellent. Both outfits try to ship same day -- if your order is in at a reasonable time.

Do you know if the baby-pants contour diapers have a soaker in the middle or not?

Do you know if the baby-pants contour diapers have a soaker in the middle or not?
I don't know. It looks like from the picture that they do. I am sure they are very absorbent.

For extra absorbency, I would recommend using double diapers or baby diapers as "stuffers" rather than a very thick diaper. A diaper that us too thick takes a very long time to dry.

I don't know. It looks like from the picture that they do. I am sure they are very absorbent.

For extra absorbency, I would recommend using double diapers or baby diapers as "stuffers" rather than a very thick diaper. A diaper that us too thick takes a very long time to dry.

I know a out the long drying times very well. My night diapers take about 2 1/2 hours to dry.

I got an answer from B-P. They do have a soaker just like their pre-fold diapers.

I am Incontinent and have been wearing Cloth diapers 24/7 for the last going on ten years i use Angelfluff Ultimate 3's with elastic waist and legs and velcro closure they are contoured to fit my measurements like a second skin on top of those i wear either the Angelfluff "blue Ice" plastic pant with a high waist and "enclosed or wrapped" elastic at the waist and legs so there is no wicking of moisture.http://www.angelfluff.com or the Babykin's 100% natural encased Rubber pants encased means that the 3/4 inch lycra elastic is part of the pant and will not wick moisture and these pants are made to order by your measurements just as the diapers and plastic pants of both companies are,Babykin's also has an incredible line of onesie's including one that is a golf shirt on top and a onesie on bottom i have the largest collection of Babykin's different style onuses that i know of. http://www.babykins.com

I like the flat 4 ply diapers from adultclothdiaper.com. I really like the gauze over the flannel diapers I've used in the past as they are much more comfortable when wet. I buy the large size and can fold and layer them as thickly as I want. Another upside to this is the drying time is only about 45 minutes.

Recently I bought some plastic pants from comcomfg.com. They are really nice!

Ultimately, you will find the ones that you like the best, so when you start, buy just enough for you to find out if you like them or not.

Good luck in your search.

CDL

I took your recommendation and ordered some of the baby-pants contoured diapers. They should get here next week. These appear to be exactly the kind of diapers I've been looking for. I much prefer gauze over birdseye because it's so much softer and absorbs quicker than any of the other materials.

It's good to see so many other fans of cloth diapers :) Multiple sources have been mentioned as have a few of the materials, weaves and containment options. The diapers themselves are usually cotton, but can be hemp or microfiber. The weaves include gauze, birdseye, twill, fleece, terry and flannel. I recommend separate layers that open up in the washer and dryer to as thin a layer as possible. Fold and layer for thickness which yields capacity. Containment is necessary and by this I mean baby pants. The material choices include vinyl (most popular), rubber, urathane and PUL. Options include high back and enclosed elastics.

Good luck and please let us all know what you get and what you think of them.

Aloha,

Honu

For panties the question is"what has stood the test of time?" Polyurethane,and PEVA are late to the dance and an attempt to re-invent the wheel. PUL has been around in some fn some form or other for over 30 years and has a mixed record and I would not truest it. There have been attempts at waterroof nylon since "Softex" but it never caught on. so that leaves the big two. Both have been called 'rubber panties" for over 60 years, which speaks to a kind of interchangeability between them. they were the choice when families had 3-5 children, so done right, they last. The plastic panties that were put on me in 1948 were put on my sister in 1950 and showed up on one of my cousin's dolls in 1954 or 5, a bit the worse for wear (I knew them by their color, a sort of semi-transparent sand color). I do not know what became of the peach-colored rubber ones that were put on me around the same time as the semi-transparent ones

Thanks for all the great responses guys :-) It will be a few months before I get my feet or should I say my bottom wet (couldn't resist lol) into the world of cloth diapers. Until then I have some websites to check out and some decisions to make :-)

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

To get a head start, use the links in my siggie that point to my reviews

And I do not appreciate "guys" (sob, sniff, sniff) :-)