LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Turning To Diapers More Often

Have worn diapers 24/7 all this week. Normally it's diapers at night and a pull-up or training pants to catch leaks during the day. but lately I have grown tired of rushing to the bathroom and worrying about peeing and have just chosen to wear diapers and not worry about it. A part of me feels bad about basically giving up on any sense of continence, but more and more I just want to be comfortable and stress-free. I'm sure pull-ups will still come into play, but not as much as before.

Now you know why kids have a hard time with potty training :P why give up the freedom for someone elses' idea of 'control' and all the stress and worry blah blah blah.....

Sorry, I'm not belittling your situation, as I have tried to go 24/7 and it's really a P*A*I*N! But the trade off is being more comfortable and less stress and worry about accidents etc. I imagine it isn't any fun really, but again, you have more freedom and only have the hassle of changing...or finding a place to change if out and about. I don't see it as 'giving up" rather then just trading stress and hassle and worry for more freedom and comfort and less stress.

It's a better 'management tool' than constantly fighting the thing. sure it's being 'responsible' to use the bathroom...but in your situation, that may not always be an option if one isn't available. I am sure accidents aren't fun either in social situations, but thats part of beinga kid I guess....it happens to everyone :P

In the end, you have to do what is right for YOU, and forget everyone else and society. You are you, you know what works so you can live the life you want (or a reasonable facsimile there of) and if that means more diapers and fewer pull ups / training pants...so be it. it's your life and your body...you are the one who has to deal with everything day in and day out 24/7 365, so you do what is needed to meet that end. THATS the real responsible thing....be true to yourself, because you have to live with it everyday.

Again, sure it has it's down sides.....but I think that the trade off is worth it, given the stress and worry and hassle you have been enduring up to this point.

You can always try again, maybe with better pull ups....

or just say screw it and stay with diapers...either way it works, just as long as you are happy and comfortable and doing what works for both yourself and the important people around you...don't want to be leaking on moms couch now do you?? ;)

Good luck either way and remember, always keep the soggy side down :P

I too have pretty much given up on using the toilet for urination. I have urge incontinence and need to go every hour or so. Hunting down bathrooms and sometimes not making it there in time is too much of a bother unless I'm at home. So I'm also diapered almost 24/7. I used to think that not always at least trying to make it to the bathroom was reprehensible laziness. But peace of mind, convenience and comfort are more important to me now.

I too have pretty much given up on using the toilet for urination. I have urge incontinence and need to go every hour or so. Hunting down bathrooms and sometimes not making it there in time is too much of a bother unless I'm at home. So I'm also diapered almost 24/7. I used to think that not always at least trying to make it to the bathroom was reprehensible laziness. But peace of mind, convenience and comfort are more important to me now.

If you're going every hour then it really is running your life and you might as well make use of diapers. Incontinent people are seemingly discouraged from wearing diapers where at all avoidable, and certainly from just using them in place of the toilet when they could try to make it. But if just going in your diaper, and changing it no more frequently than a continent person would use the toilet, improves your quality of life then why not?

..../In the end, you have to do what is right for YOU, and forget everyone else and society. You are you, you know what works so you can live the life you want (or a reasonable facsimile there of) and if that means more diapers and fewer pull ups / training pants...so be it. it's your life and your body...you are the one who has to deal with everything day in and day out 24/7 365, so you do what is needed to meet that end. THATS the real responsible thing....be true to yourself, because you have to live with it everyday....

Love this :Crylol: and couldn't have voiced it any better :wub: It's your life DD, so run it the way you want to ;) If my problems grow to where I want or need more than pull-ups in the daytime I'll be joining you in wearing 'real diapers' 24/7. As long as I'm diapered in some way I am happy- it's the though of being without them that scares me!

Bettypooh

Thanks for the support all :)

Wearing a pull-up for the first time since my original post. Figured I'd let my skin breathe and not planning to go out today so the toilet is 10 feet away when i need it. Even in diapers I use the toilet often, I just don't worry about leaks as much.

Ordered another case of diapers (Bambino bianco) since I've been using more.

Yep. Need to accept I'm a diaper boy :)

Wear Bambino during the day, with Gary Vinyl pants added if I am going out. Still use the toilet to avoid extra changed, but now it's when i choose to go instead of being in a rush or uncomfortable.

With my slowly lessening bladder control, I figure I will end up needing real diapers (as opposed to pull-ups which hold less) someday :mellow: It's just something I accept, a life change like all life changes; a way to cope with things as they are without letting it get me down :thumbsup: My 'problem' is that I really want to always diaper heavily and use no toilets anymore B) The problem comes in where it would likely become widely known were I to try it- an that would cause some acceptance problems :( If I have to deal with that I will, but I'm not going to just jump there and lie about it :rolleyes: If it somehow becomes well known that I diaper 24/7 those 'consequences' will happen anyway <_< and that makes it somewhat hard to resist 'outing myself' so I can have what I want. For me I am just going to let fate decide what happens and go with my life aiming for the best overall results :girl_happy: If I'm meant to be heavily and happily diapered then something will happen to make it possible or to cause that- and I certainly won't resist it :wub:

Bettypooh

I can understand what you're saying Betty, but look at it this way, you're already diapered all the time anyway albeit with just a less absorbant type that causes you to worry more. What kind of way to live is that? You have a legitimate problem with your bladder, it's no different from getting glasses if you're losing your eyesight, or getting retainers because your teeth are crooked. You have the opportunity to own your problem and say "This is how I choose to deal with my incontinence, and I will not regret my decisions." If anyone does not understand then who gives a rip, it's your life and your underpants.

As for you DD, I think it's great you've accepted diapers full time and are now much happier for it. Remember that diapers are a way to regain confidence!

I can understand what you're saying Betty, but look at it this way, you're already diapered all the time anyway albeit with just a less absorbant type that causes you to worry more. What kind of way to live is that? You have a legitimate problem with your bladder, it's no different from getting glasses if you're losing your eyesight, or getting retainers because your teeth are crooked. You have the opportunity to own your problem and say "This is how I choose to deal with my incontinence, and I will not regret my decisions." If anyone does not understand then who gives a rip, it's your life and your underpants.

As for you DD, I think it's great you've accepted diapers full time and are now much happier for it. Remember that diapers are a way to regain confidence!

I understand what you're saying, but I am dealing with it in the way I want to right now ;) I am very much a realist and I know that there could be unwanted reactions if I were to be more conspicuous :( so while I still have that choice I am taking it B) I do expect to lose that option someday but I'll deal with that when it happens. Overall I think this is my best approach and I don't really feel any loss since I can (and do) diaper more thickly on the weekends and at home when I want to. Being a DL is just part of life and living and I've got a good balance going- no need to change that B)

Bettypooh

Outside acceptance and "giving-in" guilt are real problems for incontinent folks. Especially us middle of the road wetters who aren't fully incontinent, but are certainly bothered by leakage worries.

DailyDi, Yeah I can understand that. No offense to either of you here. I just see diapers as helping the quality of life of incont folks. Life's hard enough as it is to have to worry about leaking. Either way I wish you the best of luck no matter what you decide to do.

That "guilt' can be handled though with the thinking that you are 'managing' your 'condition' and not thinking that you cannot over come the "problem'. One is negative and the other is positive. you have taken positive steps in managing things, so there isn't any reason to feel guilty or unhappy about it. Diapers are just another type of underwear.....so what you don't wear boxers (or what ever) that people are showing off with their pants down around their ankles in public.....I wonder what would happen if they drink to much one night and pass out and wake up in a puddle :P:roflmao:

you have an advantage there....not that you drink....but you also don't have to use any of those nasty public restrooms when you are out and about.

So you have over come your 'condition' with proper management....

I think It's potty errrr....PARTY time myself! :thumbsup:

Spent some time in trainers today while doing some shopping. About to change back into diapers as I am drinking alot given the heat and want to stay dry... plus there's a big box of Bambinos on my porch calling me to wear :)

Jumping into this a bit late. But I remember the feeling of having to deal with isolation from the public because of available diaper. I mean even though I wore Attends whcih were available about everywhere back then they were really only good for one or two wettings without at least press out. So when Out I would stand alot. Of suffer the "moon butt" marks (Crescents) :P Word got out of this new diaper from Germany...the talk was all the rage around the web and mostly DPF. Well it wasn't to long I decided to splurge and order me some. When my Girlfriend Mommy ATT, called me and said they were in I rushed home from work. She had opened the box and had one on the couch holding it and checking it out. I remember her patting the diaper, then pointing to the floor where she laid out my Winnie the pooh comforter.

She quickly disposed of my jeans and untapped a very wet Attends (Still miss the baby blue :) ) Sliding that thing under me and her figuring out how to use the two tape system was a very great memory. that thing literally clung to my body. The thickness difference was immediately noticeable. But when I stood that's when it really grabbed me. She slowly spun me around and adjusted the plastic at the leg gathers from front to rear ( Man I love when they do that) then a few small pats to the rear and a sit here. My t-shirt was pulled over my head. She scattered some toys on my blanket and said: "Play on your blankie, mommy gonna finish dinner" It was the first time I really felt as though I was wearing a baby diaper. I couldn't help but to feel myself in it. I got caught a few times but she just smiled at me.

It wasn't till part way through dinner that the first wetting occurred and just a small one. The diaper didn't even seem to notice. And I had a weird look on my face as to where it went. Mommy noticed my look and came over to me. Her hand immediately patting my crotch then, a quick kneed of the front of the diaper. She didn't feel anything either. So for the rest of the night we played baby and mommie. She commented on the waddle as I played and ran back and forth. I wore that diaper till morning. We were both amazed at the bulge it had grown to. But no leak. A bath, then back into another one. as it was saturday, we went out and about. I spent the whole day out for the first time, even though she had another in her purse. It was never needed. And I put it to the test too.

She was constantly through the day either asking or grabbing me when she could, to feel for a change. When we got home she saw me still smiling. She asked why the big smile. I told her I had my life back. I was "normal" again. I could go out all day whenever I needed and never worry again. She hugged me and said yes, my baby boy has new diapers that really work.

So this is all about acceptance and life. The diaper gave me a life back I hadn't had in 5 years. It was hard enough having to deal with incontinence at such a age. But with what was available, it was a veritable hell. The fear of leaking was around every corner. I had diapers stashed about any where you could think of. Car, her purse, even hidden at close friends houses. Emergency's were always. Running out on friends and functions. trying to be discreet. The fear of being outed was ever looming. Not any more. I am free!!! So grasp who you are enjoy the diapers we have now for us. Ditch the training pants worry my friend it isn't worth the hassle. You are who you are, you deserve the life that you have earned. feel safe and secure and live your life to the fullest. If anyone deserves a life of stress free. It would be you my friend. Bambinos are better than mine by a bit, but with no small. And the memories of that day. I will stick with mine. I haven't had any in a few months. But hopefully next month on my birthday. I will get a surprise by my new mommie (Hope hope hope)

BTW if you don't remember from previous posts.. the diaper that saved me and my life was Molicares!!! :)

• Like 1

I hope more incontinent people read this...THIS is a great thing and essentially T*H*E definition of what diapers can do for you. Literally give you your life back, free of worry. I don't get the hang up, maybe it's all teh social pressure or 'stigma' that diapers bring....or just old potty training back lash or what not. But I figure that having freedom from worry is far and above more valuable that some silly self image issue or social stigma or what ever...I mean come on....what really is more important?? making it to the bathroom and 'pretending' that everything is ok and being a literal SLAVE to the porcelain pot?? or being able to go out and about your day with out worrying about leaks or accidents or what ever??

It works for kids.....they don't worry about it....soooooooooo whats the hang up?

I know the Ego and self image is a sensitive and fragile thing, but it's also flexible. You can figure out a way to make things work, just like Angela and others like her have. Screw society and what other people think, they are your underwear, and it's your body to manage....BFD.

If people around you feel that they have to judge you by your underwear that you NEED to wear....then you need to go find other friends and associates! :P

Bravo repaid1.... :thumbsup:

Outside acceptance and "giving-in" guilt are real problems for incontinent folks. Especially us middle of the road wetters who aren't fully incontinent, but are certainly bothered by leakage worries.

i have to agree but even this will diminish with time (tho for me it has yet to go away)

That "guilt' can be handled though with the thinking that you are 'managing' your 'condition' and not thinking that you cannot over come the "problem'.

that may be but for some of us it will never go away

what i mean is the only reason i have gotten as far as i have is my therapist helps me alot (tho my family and friends haven't been as accepting[i hate getting asked why dont you try tho this is mostly from the few girl friends i have had over the years])

I was a dl long before I became incontinent. The problem I had with using pullups was changing in a public restroom. It's embarrassing enough having to rely on disposable products. Having to remove my clothes to change would only make it worse imho. Using diapers atleast makes changing while at work and out running errands easier.

The problem I had with using pullups was changing in a public restroom. It's embarrassing enough having to rely on disposable products. Having to remove my clothes to change would only make it worse imho. Using diapers atleast makes changing while at work and out running errands easier.

This is an excellent point that I have been struggling with. I would like to use a pullup when out and about, but changing in a public restroom is difficult. And while a diaper may be too much (for me at least), it is easier to change, it does eliminate the option of pulling the pullup down to use the toilet when the opportunity presents itself. I am going to try out the Tena and Abena "Wing" products which might have the best attributes of both pullups and diapers.

You can always start with a pull-up then carry a diaper if you need to change. Just tear the sides on the pull-up to remove it ;) Also many people here have mentioned carefully sliding their diaper down to use the toilet. it works for me too but I'd rather wear pull-ups :)

Bettypooh