LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

May Get To Wear More Often

On may 26th around 10:30 pm, my mom came to pick me up and we got into a car accident. we were at a dead stop for a few good 5 minutes or so and got re-ended by this kid who looked about 17 or 18. he claimed he was "distracted". He hit us doing about 15-20 mph. My mom did get out freaking out and yelling because she was using her mom's car. other stupid ass guest were yelling at her to shut up and not caring we were hit from behind. the were more worried about the punk ass kids who hit us. I had pain in my neck but nothing major.. the kid even tried to offer us $100 to let him go. but mom didn't hear that. we called cedar point police (since thats where it happened)

the pain was soon getting bad that i went for a dr appointment and he wanted me to get x-rays done. got them done on tuesday and going in for the results this morning. i am fearing for the worse that i may need to get surgery done on it. the insurance is trying to get a hold of the kid but he's not answering his phone or his emails. just wish the kid will grow a set and be a big boy.. doubt his parents knows he was in a car accident..

Did the kid have insurance on the car? Shouldn't you just contact them directly?

On a side note, the report for the x-rays should have been done by Wednesday night, so your doctor would have had access to them since then. Call him up and have him get the info, it's not fair to make you wait. Pain is likely to be whiplash, and if so can be all muscular, but sometimes can involve a disc or in extreme situations a fracture. I got whiplash about a year and a half ago when my car skidded on ice and I hit a parked car (luckily no damage to their car) and I found that the thing that worked was using a vibrating percussion massager did it wonders for my neck and back pain. Talk to your doctor about it first though.

got results . turns out i have arthritis and a small curve in my back and some neck damage around the C4 area (not sure if you know where thats at) he wants me to go through physical therapy ( strength, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and hot/cold packs) thing is my back didnt start hurting like hell till after the accidnet

the kid claimed to be under his parents insurance but the kid wont pick up his phone or his emails.. mom is gonna trying to get me a lawyer so we can get this settle out..

What seems harmless or temporary now could be a life long injury...contact a attorney at once. Best of luck to you my friend. :)

I was in a car accident similar to yours what I thought was nothing is ongoing pain and numbness for over 20 years, you need to protect yourself. This young man is responsible for your injurys and medical treatments. Contact the attorney and preferably not one of the ambulance chaser ones on TV. A good reputable one (Lawyer/reputable? :huh: ) I am quite sure once onboard he will contact the proper people.

everyone has a curve in their spine silly.. the spine IS curved... most likely the C4 was preexisting DDD, most people have some form of mild DDD in their spine by the time they are 18... you mostly likely have a soft tissue/muscular sprain/strain.... its gonna hurt... do your PT exactly as told, do you home exercises Exactly as told.

and contact an attorney, most car insurance companies try to screw yo over. My friend was rearended two 1/2 years ago, broke multiple bones in her foot, chipped her ankle bone and had to be on bed rest for 6 months due to complications develed from the break... 2 1/2 years to get a settlement.

so yes contact a real legit, not a tv, attorney... make sure you get a copy of every medical record, ever xray, buy a big folder now and start keeping everything!

but remember, its almost definitely a soft tissue strain/sprain, which is easily resolved by doing what you are told by the drs.

You back hurts because when the car hit you you tensed all your muscles, so when your body moved from the impact, it encountered resistance. Think of it like a sprained ankle, its going to take 6-8 weeks to feel 100%, and that is assuming you do what you are told, nothing MORE, and nothing LESS.

The accident more than likely did not cause the damage around the C4, and certainly did not cause the spine 'curvature' if he was only going 15-20 mph when he hit you. Those were almost certainly pre existing conditions and the pain is not at all related to them... but you will never know until you do exactly what the dr's and pt's tell you to heal the soft tissue unjury first.

ohh but my real question.. what exactly does neck pain have to do with you getting wear diapers more often??

if the pain in the neck is related to the accident, it could cause some incontinence, its a matter of the nerves i think, but that is a matter for his doctor

thanks for the heads up. but i really wasnt saying the damage to my neck was my reasoning.. more less trying to rest in bed (not trying to be lazy or anything and wearing)

ahhh yes ok... that makes sense.. the resting.. i was like "but a neck injury of your caliber isn't going to make u need diapers" lol....

but also if hte kid and his mother are not returning your calls, than you need to contact their insurance company directly, its going ... but it was good the police were called, its good to have that official documentation.

how was everyone else in the car?

has the Dr set you up with any PT yet?

Everyone is good. It was only me and my mom in the car. I feel like I toke most of the hit on the passenger side from gettin hit from behind. I hope to start my physical therapy soon. And yes my mom is workin on finding me a lawyer for this whole thing

Don't try to contact them- you may cause yourself legal issues based on anything you say. If you read your own insurance policy or card you will see where you are told to say nothing to anyone except them (and of course answering pertinent questions and personal info from the Police). You'll also find that when you sign the policy, it gives them the right to handle the claim in whatever way they see fit :( Since their attorneys are automatically going to represent you for free, at least give them a chance to tell you what they have in mind. If you don't fully agree with their recommendations and think they are going to do what is best for you, then find tour own attorney to get you what you need ;) Insurance attorneys often don't do what's best for you- their real aim is to do what is best for the company they work for. Thus, I prefer to have my own attorney of my choice working for me in every legal matter. Most of the time you will have top pay for that out of your pocket initially, but can recover those costs in either your wreck case or through a subsequent filing for legal compensation. Laws vary so you need to know what to do or you can get burned :crybaby:

Any injury, no matter how small it may seem now, can have a greater effect later on so have them all checked out by a doctor. My own permanent back problem was caused by a work injury when I was 22. I thought it had healed and never saw a doctor. Many years later when I worked elsewhere, I discoverer that my "new back pain" was actually caused by that old injury which could have been corrected with proper treatment back then- but since my back had grown to accommodate the curvature it got from the accident, not all of it could be corrected at that later date. It is not yet debilitating but one good fall now and I might end up on a wheelchair :o Yes, this can happen to you too, so get your insurance attorney working for you now and demand full medical treatment for any possible injury you may have received in the wreck B) In almost every case, you will have a legal time limit in which to file a claim for compensation, and after it has expired you are left with no way to recover costs associated with the injury :bash:

You need to be certain that you are totally healed forever before accepting a settlement, knowing that this is probably your only chance to be compensated for injury. That compensation will have to cover any residual problem for the rest of your life so be very sure. And pre-exisiting conditions such as the curvature you already had do not matter here so long as you did not know of them and a reasonable person would not have noticed them as being a potential or abnormal condition. One lawyer tried to use where my sister's doctor had told her to lose weight to prove that she had knowingly contributed to he injuries in a wreck. She pointed out that her doctor said that until the wreck her health was perfect and that there were several people in the courtroom who were more obese than she was and that they all seemed normal to her. That got the jury on her side and crashed the case of insurance company she was fighting. If you felt normal before the wreck and no Doctor told you that you had a problem, then it doesn't matter- they still have to pay to return you to the conditions present prior to the wreck- even if that includes now addressing the unknown condition existing prior to the wreck. Settle for nothing less.

From a life of hard-won experience and mistakes I don't want others to have to go through,

Bettypooh

I got hit back in 1975 and it took 10 years before everything was back to normal.

The dumb doctor told me the pain would go away in a week but it took 10 years.

Don't be to quick to settle with the insurance company till you know you will be alright.