LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Pins...

I know there have been topics on Snappis but I don't think I've seen anything on diaper pins...

For me the pinning on a diaper is a good part of my diapering. I like to have my diapers pinned tight and there is something about the pin itself.

When I first started wearing diapers again, I used the 3" pins that I found out later are also sold as horse blanket pins. I also tried the store bought plastic headed baby diaper pins. It wasn't until I bought some of the all metal Dritz diaper pins that I realized I found the "right" ones. They pinned great and were sturdy.

Much to my dismay, I found that Dritz discontinued them a while ago and replaced them with plastic covered metal heads. They aren't nearly as good... So I made sure I stocked up on the original. Just last week I found an on-line store (diapersafari.com) that still had them in stock - $0.75 each... YEA!!! I should now have enough pins to last until my 80's!

OK - diaper pins seem a bit obscure, but without good pins they would fall off :)

CDL

i use pins when i'm in my wearing cloth mood. i prefer the metal headed pins but found that the paint on the heads started to flake/peel off after some time which i reckoned was from the moisture build up inside the plastic pants. i have switched to the plastic headed ones now ( see pics in my gallery) mine are from cosy n dry.

The only pins I currently have are the ones used for kids diapers, as thats all I 'thought' existed :blush: but I saw that baby-pants has some 3 inch pins in both blue and pink, so I will be ordering some of those. The smaller pins work OK, but I am finding that I actually need a bigger/ longer pins for my cloth prefolds *shrug* I like the kids pins though because of the colors and styles (animal heads or shapes) which just makes them cute and more 'fitting' for their purpose....but sadly they are a tad short and I find they just make pinning a bit tougher.

I don't like the blanket pins, as they are just so plain looking, I like the colored head on the ones I have, plus they "LOOK" like a diaper pin...not just some boring plain safety pin that is used for most anything...a diaper pin is special and has a specific purpose....holding diapers together so they don't fall down! :D

So, I'll get around to ordering the bigger pins I saw at baby-pants, I just hope (wish) that they would come out with some larger pins with the animal shapes also....thats always more fun... :D

Try using "Kilt" pins if you need something large long and strong.

Locking type with the plastic head that slides over the pin closer are the best for safety.

Sewing in velcro patches would result in the elimination of the diaper pins.

There is always a better mouse trap around the corner.

Babylock

After reading this topic, I did a bit of searching and found some reasonably sized pins in a shape I had never seen before. Has anyone used pins with this shape? It sure looks like they'd help prevent accidental sticks.

http://www.folch.com/safety-pins/imbeb-baby-safety-pins/flypage.tpl.html

I never could get the hang of pinning cloth diapers, maybe these would help.

I have a variety of pins and love them all :) It's part of what makes cloth diapering fun in having so many options :girl_happy: I like the 'horse blanket' pins when I'm feeling babyish because they are a better scale to my current size compared to a real baby dressed similarly :blush:

I've found that it often helps to twist the pin back and forth as you insert it if it doesn't want to penetrate the fabric so you're not pushing hard enough to stick yourself ;) Also be aware of what might happen if it penetrates unexpectedly and allow for that chance. Until you get the hang of things, a piece of leather or heavy plastic placed between the body and diaper then removed when you're done gives you a safety margin.

Bettypooh

To help get the pins through the diapers easily I store mine stuck in a bar of soap.

It must have been when I was babysitting that I remember my mom telling me once that if the pin isn't going through easily, run it carefully through your hair. The oils will lubricate it - this really works!

CDL

Many years ago, perhaps 1992, the then Los Angeles factory rep for The First Years told me they were going to discontinue their cat 3200 diaper pins.

My family had been using those for years. The 3200 has slightly heavier stainless steel wire and really effective plastic heads. So hearing this sad news, I asked to buy as many remaining cards of the 3200 as possible.

A week later I received a carton with almost 200 cards of 4 each. That supply has keep my Granny, my Mom, my sister Missy and me diapered since then, with over half the carton still on their cards. Those 3200 hold their point better than any diaper pins I have ever used, yet are easy to sharpen when needed.

I also own some newer The First Years diaper pins which have smaller heads.

Back in the DPF days of exchanging snail mail fans used to give me novelty diaper pins. I no longer see those in stores, so maybe I do not look carefully enough.

There's a pair of yellow ducky plastic head diaper pins tucked into the baby shoes hanging on the corner of the wife's dresser mirror that were used by my kids 25+ years ago.

My favorites are a set of "Crayola" diaper pins; green, blue, red, yellow, but Dretz pins are really great also.

I have two pair of white plastic head baby pins.......one pair left handed and one right handed.....most are right handed.

The larger 3 inch pins tend to make bigger holes in the flat gauze diapers I use.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I have snappies, but I just used the plastic head baby ones for years. Duckies and blue bears and such. Liked how the blue ones were visible through the translucent plastic pants.