LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So Homesick

After 5 1/2 years away from my family, I am finally feeling super homesick...

Can't afford to fly out there to visit... and talk to them multiple times a week..

anyone have any suggestions on other ways to help ease the homesick yuck?

Best suggestion is to call and have a pic of your family with you when you do. If you have a teddy bear have it close by as well so u can hug it if ya need to, or better yet hug on someone u care about that is near ya.

Well, you know, when you have saved up enough money, spend a month or so with your parents and then you will remember why you moved out, lol. Just kidding. That is why I stayed with the same cell phone company as my parents. Free calls that way even over long distance.

thanks everyone.. i will have to see if any of them have a webcam.... they are a primitive folk back in new hampshire... so not sure...

I think one of the hardest parts them being 3 hours ahead, by the time i'm off work, done with the gym and have eaten dinner its 10 or 11 pm where they are, and they go to bed early, and then weekends they are always out and about, so we do get to talk at least once a week, but usually its on our cell phones when we are intransit places, so not sure if there would be a time we could skype...

I'm hoping next winter/springish i will be able to go out there for even just 2-3 days..

Best solution is have them meet you half way somewhere, which will cost you less and them also. Surely you could afford that as you work and have your bf to support you.

hi sarah i too am in the same boat as you i have been away from home (my true home ) for going on three years now and i miss my family more and more all the time i make it a point to call at least once or twice a week and also i make sure i can get back home at least once or twice a year by the way my home is also in the GRANITE STATE ( new hampshire ) but as time goes on i try to relate a lot of my surroundings to back home and i keep telling my self that where i am now ( ohio ) is now my home ,,, also if you cant get to them ,then maybe one of them can go to you , just haviong a family member around can take away all the hurt or loneliness away

i have a daughter that comes and stays with me for a week or so every summer and that helps get me through . i hope you can get that feeling of being homesick out of your system , once you can do that you will feel more like you are at home where you reside now.. best of luck hope it gets better..

the reason we cant afford me going back home for a visit right now is two fold... we just had to buy a new car because our old car died ... so now we have a car payment and insurance payment on a new car ... something we never had before and we are saving to two upcoming trips we booked before the car thing and our rooms and tickets are non refundable...

because we live with my boyfriends parents we dont have a place for family to stay if they visited out here and as my family is in a limited income ( mom on disability and dad only one working) they cannot afford any trip at all....

i called home earlier today and talked with mom for like an hour so i felt better after that ... also talked to both brothers, and two aunts so i think that helped a lot!!!

like i said hopefully next winter with my tax return i can get out for a visit ... i know just seeing everyone will do me lots of good!!!

i do love where i live now and consider this my home in every way except its not where my family is ....

but again thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions ... i think just saying 'outloud' what i was feeling helped!!! yay for internet anonymity!!

sarah i use skype and facebook to talk to failmy back home plus i can call home some days

its hard when away from home i left home 6 years ago and find out in a few days if we go home or not so am home sick a lot too

talked to my dad on skype was good to see him but my mum was ill in bed so hope to see her on sunday

Not sure what the deal is with internet on their end. But didn't you say you and your boyfriend both got Ipads? Perhaps you could send one to them for a few days already set up to video conference to make it easier for them. then they could go to McD's or something to get internet and you could have a face to face conversation? The cost of shipping that to and back should be relatively cheap compared to a plane flight and visit. Just a thought. :)

Or you can ask if they have some internet-savvy friends or neighbors nearby and connect through them ;) Your family can just go over there at an agreed-upon time, their friends/neighbors can do the web-work, and everyone will have a great time- promise :)

Bettypooh

wow sarah you really made things happen fast ( very impressed ) now that i see you planning your trip home ,, it just makes me want it too so much more ,,lol.

so tell me what part of NH are you from ( just curious because we share something cool being from the same home state ) i was born in manchester myself and raised most my life there , also what lake you staying at ? i have fished most all the bigger ones ,,, Winni and Squam are my two favorites,,, any way glad to hear things are looking up and catch a fishie for me while your there ..

lol well thank spoon.. course voicing how you feel in no way implies you can't 'deal with it.' actually voicing your feelings is one of the best ways to 'deal' with them. Acknowledging what you feel and the effect it is having on your can than lead to be betting able to deal with those effects.

For example, I was having an increase in anxiety attacks and other symptom flares the past month and was not sure what was causing them, when i realized it was laregely because I missed my family, they got better, didn't go away, but knowing what was causing tehm, and working towards a solution to easing those feelings of homesickness helped to decrase the symptoms.

I still have many of hte symptoms, but having bought my plane ticket and knowing a definite date for when i see my family, has helped decrease the anxiety attacks significantly from 5-6 a day to 2-3 a week. Much more manageable.

and i would never change my own diapies! thats what i have daddy for!

• Like 1

Make sure you bring a digital camera with you to record all the memories and get current photo's of your Near and Dear and don't always be behind the camera get photos of you with your people taken by others so that years from know you can remember that hug when looking at that picture and so on--

Sorry i'm a photographer so i think of capturing things for the future all the time,

Nappy

Sarah, While you're over there set their computer up for video chat using what ever service you like (skype?). Have the program save all their default connection info and you can make it as easy as a simple icon click to start it. The next time you call them have them start the service instead.

its a good idea brian, i actually won't be at the house at all, we are staying at a cabin at a lake the whole time..... but i think just being able to see em will be worth it, and then making it a yearly thing of going out there from now on.

• 4 weeks later...

So i'm here, with the family, took the red eye and got in around 11am, i was picked up by my ex hubby and brother in law at the airport, and we grabbed lunch at a chineese food place, came up to the cabin, dropped out stuff off and chilled, than went shopping and came home, and went swimming and had some drinks and just sat around, me, my best friend/ex hubby, and brother and mom... SUCH a much much needed trip! I have only been here 10 hours or so and am SOOO relaxed!