LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Leaking Abenas? *Females Please Read*

Sorry if you see this cross posted to a few groups and websites.

So, here's the deal. I have a vagina. I like to wear diapers. Woo. Right now I wear Abena X-form plus. I have noticed, that after a few small wets and maybe a flood, the diaper starts to leak. I'm not talking about 12+ hours. More like around 4 or 5. It isn't out of the legs or anything, but usually right from the crotch, right through the cotton. It has not been a huge leak or anything, but enough that it soaks into my jeans.

And so,

Why are they leaking?

Am I doing something wrong? (wear, flooding too much,etc)

Is it because I have a vagina and therefore cannot as easily reposition where the urine is going?

Have any other female diaper wearers had this problem?

I don't feel at this point that- that should have been questioned, nor posted. If anyone has a right or need to question it would be a board Admin. In situations like this I do not find it a sexual question per say, but instead a simple question on Diaper brand and females in general. Let's just leave the question of what it is and not try to look into more than what was stated.

I'll try to shed some light here hoping I am correct :)

Persons with vaginas do not have any way to alter their wetting patterns, and the OP says they wear Abena x-form plus and are experiencing leakage before they think they should. They are seeking comments from other persons in a similar situation or assistance from others who may be able to help. Please limit your replies to that so we remain On-Topic here ;)

Bettypooh

Having missed all the drama I will simply respond to the original poster:

I am a man, well boy/guy/dude. Never liked the word "man" but I digress. In any event, it sounds like the OP is using the cloth backed Abena based on the line "It isn't out of the legs or anything, but usually right from the crotch, right through the cotton." I have actually had similar issues with the cloth backed ones where they leak right through the backing. At the very least they seem to always do nothing to contain even the slightest odor. The plastic backed Abena I have not had that issue with but due to the way they fit me they often leak out of the back of the legs. In regards to the plastic backed variety I have heard tell that they seem to have gotten worse in recent months. I stopped buying them myself so I can't speak to that though.

So I'd suggest maybe trying the plastic backed variety or just a different brand. If you're specifically looking for cloth backed I don't know of a lot of comparable cloth backed diapers to the Abena X-Plus line but the Attends Extended Wear are surprisingly not bad and I prefer the velcro on cloth backing over Abena's tapes on cloth backing.

manji, it's not you. It's Abena. They've been making their x-plus line more cheaply for at least 6 months now. You may have notice the tapes don't stick as good as they used to? How about the various batches with pin-hole leaks? Surely you noticed they don't seem to hold as much as they used to (before leaking of course). The answer is that Abena wants to stop making the line entirely but due to popular demand they can't. Solution, make the entire line of diapers more cheaply to make a profit again. Yes, yes, I know. They could have increased the price and continued to make an excellent diaper, but they chose not to.

I, too must say that Abena (I use the plastic backed M4) has lost a bit of quality. While I have had no problems with the tapes, I had quite a few small leaks in the crotch/ middle back area. This seems to me because of a thinner or lower quality plastic, and the leaks coming up due to rubbing on the trousers inner seams; specially after getting out of a car, the leaks are in an embarrassing place, so wear something that doesn't show.

I also had a pack that wasn't cut correctly. The right side had about 5 inches of plastic from the inner cuffs and the left side the nappy was practically cut right next to the cuff.

Quite sad, really, but I'm thinking of going back to Molicare SuperPlus.

My wife wears practically 24/7 and doesn't have this problem.

Are you using the cloth covered Abenas? If so those DO seep moisture through the outer shell... one of the biggest reasons that we don't use them.

I had always been a fan of the Abeana plastic backed diapers, however over the last two batches I have had so many issues with the pin hole leaks. I switched to the cloth type premium and It was the best decision I have made. No leaks at all no seepage even when soaked. I do notice I can smell a hint of urine if I have had a particularly potent "accident".

• 2 weeks later...

It's true, since females can't "aim" for different parts of the diaper they will leak quicker. I prefer to point up so I wet the front part of the diaper first before it seeps down into the middle area. I get less leaks this way since the part of the diaper I'm sitting on is still dry.