LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Neighbor

I wish I could connect with my neighbor of similar age, but he doesn't seem interested. I try talk to him, but he doesn't seem to interested in keeping the conversation going. He always makes it seems like he's busy doing something and keeps moving. Though I hear him talking to another neighbor sometimes for quite a while and stands still. The reason is that I want to talk to him is eventually get to talking about his mess of tree branches and grass clippings (which is a town violation, but they will never notice it). There's all sorts of small maple tree saplings that grow all the time along the fence and I seem to be always cutting them down. I'd love to get rid of the fence, but I have some plants that are growing up the fence to hide the mess. Yes, I have money to get a landscaper in and fix the whole thing up, but I think he should stop dumping first.

We're sort of at odds, he has a big old farm house. I have a ranch. When I bought the house it had a chain link fence that borders the property.

Any hints?

If you've mentioned it nicely once and they heard, you're a good neighbor :) If you mention it again within 6 months, you're a (not-so-nice-word-here) busybody. That's how they're going to see it :o I always say "Get your own house in order before going to someone elses" and it seems you're doing that. Now you're neighbor will have something nice to compare theirs to- and so will all the other neighbors ;) Hopefully that will give them a prod to get things cleaned up. Oh, and if that doesn't happen after awhile (remember the 6 month thing!) then offer to help them clean it up. If it really bugs you that bad then offer to clean it up yourself B)

The best way to get neighbors to do what you like is to do that yourself, and let them see how much better life is that way. Being a good neighbor usually creates good neighbors :wub: No guarantees that it will work, but it's always worth trying!

Bettypooh

• 3 weeks later...

keep your own property nice and let him do what he wants with his...

Exactly. Just keep your property cleaned up and let the neighbor do what he wants with his property. I'll admit I do have a messy yard myself. And I like it that way. I love old junk sitting out in my yard. Though the city doesn't like it. "They can kiss my ass" I'm not gonna do what they tell me too do.

I just hope I can find some rural "way out in the boondocks" property that I can move too. So I can have my land the way I want it and not get told how to keep my property.

.....Though the city doesn't like it. "They can kiss my ass" I'm not gonna do what they tell me too do......
I don't know if you are making comments to run up your post count, (7-8 per day,) or are serious, but you obviously didn't pay attention to;

.....eventually, the city will come along and fine them for keeping a sloppy yard and they will be forced to clean up their property. (And in worst case, the city will do the cleanup and bill the property owner. [R])
Trust me, at over three times your age, I and other acquaintences have had a share of hassles w/code enforcement officers, some not very pleasant. Once one gets on their "list," it can be an endless string of nit-picking inspections, court dates, and fines.

Not all citys or countys have rules sbout keeping your property maintained unless it is a public health risk, My nieghbors yard is clutterd with misc junk, he mows his yard maybe twice a year and built a large metal pole building in his back yard, turned his back yard into a muddy parking lot scatterd with misc junk and equipment.I just built a six foot cedar fence between our propery and made sure that he got the finished side of the fence. He truly was insulted by the fence but there is really nothing he can do about it and it solved my problem of having to see his crap all over.

Oh please. Most cities barely have time or budget to maintain code enforcement anymore, especially when it comes to yards.

Now the OP could call in a complaint if the problem is that bad, but IMO it's just going to cause trouble. We all hope to have nice, quiet, tidy neighbors... unfortunately that doesn't happen most of the time.

So mind your own business, let the neighbor mind his, put up a bigger fence if it truly bothers you that much.

I don't know if you are making comments to run up your post count, (7-8 per day,) or are serious, but you obviously didn't pay attention to;

Trust me, at over three times your age, I and other acquaintences have had a share of hassles w/code enforcement officers, some not very pleasant. Once one gets on their "list," it can be an endless string of nit-picking inspections, court dates, and fines.

If you wwere3 times my age, you'd be 144 yrs old.

If you wwere3 times my age, you'd be 144 yrs old.

He he, I was speaking to Chad, but you are correct on the age I feel at times. lol

rihanna is 72?.....
Oops, that's what I get for doing Jack Daniels math. lol In two ~ weeks, it will be five less than your number.

I don't think its too much to ask to have your neighbours keep their lawns and yards in decent shape....especially in town. Having a cluttered neighbourhood directly affects the value of your home and it will attract the more seedier members of society.....if you catch my drift.

There was an episode of 'Hoarders' on a while ago where an older gent was sent to jail due to his inability to get rid of all the clutter in his yard. I can't recall where it was but they couldn't convince him that the stuff he had was garbage and not worth anything.....so he went to jail for a while....

That case was a little extreme but things can come to a head quickly if your yard is in shambles.....