LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Do You Think Of The New Depends Commercial?

So, who has seen the new Depends commercial where the announcer is showing the disposable pants to the pro football players? I only saw it once, but I have to admit it was well done. The announcer asks 3 tough football players to wear them as a test. They all balked, one said "No way" or something like that, and finally the third one said, "OK, Why not?" or words to that effect. They actually showed from the thieghs down one of the football players in the locker room stepping into one of the pants. Then they showed them in uniform on the field running through their paces, hitting the tackling dummy, etc. I'm sure that was to show regular people how well they stand up to extra ordinary use! Naturally, they showed a couple close up's of the players rear ends to show that you can't detect the underwear even under a football uniform!

This commercial shows just how smart these companies are! Over the years they have gradually increased showing different every day situations that might cause you to wet your pants a little, like being stuck in traffic, etc. Gradually, the attitude has come around to, "Why not just wear them as regular underwear anyway? No one can tell that you have them on under your clothes, so why not?" I think they have a lot of women convinced now that it's perfectly OK to wear disposable underwear!

Now they are working on the guys in order to increase their sales in that area and open up a whole new market with men! Naturally, they will try to appeal to guys by having sports figures wearing the disposable underpants. Basketball? No, not tough enough of an image. Baseball? Same. Hockey? Sure! Pro Football! Absolutly! Rough tough game with beer drinking fans! Then, the way they did it by first having the players balk at trying them on as just a test is genious! What normal guy wouldn't balk at someone suggesting he wear any type of diaper undergarment? If a normal guy would be told by his wife to wear them for an occasional bed wetting or leakage or by his doctor for protection, his first reaction would be "No way!" Then when the one player shrugs and says Ok, might as well just try them, they are showing everyday guys that if a rough and tough pro football player will wear them and seemingly go about his business on the football field, then it's perfectly OK for regular guys to wear them too! How's that for smart marketing!

Pretty soon they will have just about every gender convinced it's ok to wear a diaper type of product on a daily bases, and then what's next? Cat and Doggie disposable underwear? How would you like to see dogs being walked down the street all wearing diapers? The commercial pitch could be something like, "Forget about curbing your dog and carrying doo-doo bags to pick up their mess! Do away with angry neighbors when your dog does his business on their lawn! Use disposable doggy underwear! You never know when Fido has to go, so why not cover the bases? Stop having to clean expensive carpet in your house when Rover has an accident! Don't mess up your expensive shoes walking across your yard! Do away with those doggy land mines once and for all and never have to clean your yard again!" What some companies will do to increase sales of their products and create new markets for them!

I think you have severely over analyzed the commercial. I promise you the clip of the dude putting it on was a paid model and not a player. Also i dont think the commercial is to convince regular people to wear them, its to convince incontinent people that there is no stigma to doing so.

i think the campaign is a GREAT step forward in incontinence marketing. Showing younger adults wearing them instead of just 80 year olds playing golf. And by now you know I LOVE the product. First truly comfortable pull-up for adults.

I think you have severely over analyzed the commercial. I promise you the clip of the dude putting it on was a paid model and not a player. Also i dont think the commercial is to convince regular people to wear them, its to convince incontinent people that there is no stigma to doing so.

No, I don't think I over analyzed the commercial at all. Yes, I'm sure that the "football player" was a paid actor, as are just about all people pitching a product now days. If you look at these commercials over the years, they are not showing people who are supposedly incontinent and they are not even attempting to pitch a product that would even be practical for someone with bladder incontinence. They have even coined a new term, "LBL" or "Light Bladder Leakage" to sell more of their products to every day people. The aim of the commercials is at people who may leak a little when they sneeze, laugh or excersize, not people who are incontinent and would need some kind of diaper all the time anyway. Yes, I do agree it's to try and convince people there is no stigma related to wearing disposable underwear. That's the whole point of their adds. To convince not incontinent people, but all kinds of regular people that it's OK to wear disposable underwear just in case you may have an accident. I respect your views though, I just don't agree with them.

Long ago, while I was living in an undergraduate dorm at university wearing Attends I was so surprised to pass a common room TV showing the adorable June Allyson in a pioneer commercial for Depend. At that time my university general store only stocked Attends, but they carried all the sizes. I am not sure how long after I saw the Depend commercial for the first time at I found Depend in a store. Probably that would have been during a trip to NYC or Boston.

In 1985 when I moved to a law school near Boston the store which sold me Attends did have a few styles of Depend, but never small enough to fit me. Despite some really swell commercials over the years I have never worn Depend, although when my loving husband Don was recovering from prostate cancer surgery we did buy a couple of bags of Depend pull-on until a case of Attends arrived.

Who knew the edit function no longer works. ( Worked for me, I did notice you have to go down about 5 lines then paste or write text for it to work, then I backspaced the blank lines to bring the inserted text up to normal spacing :huh: Repaid1)

My own personal favorite of the new Depend commercials shows Lisa Rinna being asked to put one on, while her actual husband Harry Hamlin looks on as if really bored. She is still a star of Days Of Our Lives (DOOL) and Harry was in the original cast of L.A. Law in 1986, when I was in law school.

I thought the commercials were a real breakthrough in incontinence marketing. Step 1: Eliminate the stigma of wearing diapers or "protective underwear" for people younger than 80. Nailed it.

• Like 1

I don't care for the box. My recycling blows all over the place. This means more time to rip it up and try to make sure it doesn't blow around. Also, it barely fits under the bed. I'm going to have to try to find space for them in a drawer instead. The plastic bags are much better for under the bed etc..

I thought the commercials were a real breakthrough in incontinence marketing. Step 1: Eliminate the stigma of wearing diapers or "protective underwear" for people younger than 80. Nailed it.

Yeah, totally agree with this. There's lots of people much younger who need to wear diapers or protective products of some sort. Some due to disabilities, others who are otherwise healthy. Many women have bladder issues in pregnancy and some are left needing diapers after childbirth for example, in some cases permanently. There's side effects of various surgery, drugs, prostate problems etc. and just "weak bladders" with no other obvious explanation. If people see there's no more shame in wearing them than glasses, hearing aids, walking aids etc. it would make it a lot easier for all those with such issues and encourage them to put a diaper on and get on with life as normal.