LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Diaper: What Would You Recommend?

(I tried searching for another topic like this; either my searching skills suck, or there really aren't any exactly like this. Sorry if it's the former.)

So, I'm extremely new to this, and have never purchased adult diapers before. So, for someone who has never bought them before, what brand would you recommend as a good start?

I'm quite petite; I don't know my exact waist size, but I wear a size 5 women's underwear, the smallest size, if that helps. What I'm looking for is something that would be comfortable to wear, able to be adequately "used," but more so, fits well. I'm also looking for a brand that "folds over" and "tapes closed" and fits snugly.

Any recommendations from those with experience would be most appreciated. :)

(Is this a stupid question? Was that? Or this...? Ad infinitum....)

Edit: Nope. This is the wrong forum, isn't it? I truly did fail...

Ok first, breath!! Now this is not the wrong forum and its a not a stupid question. Everyone starts out somewhere. I'm not an expert on small diapers but I can give you some ideas. The only diapers I use are the disposables ones you talk about. That fold over and tape up.....meaning a brief, not a pullup. What you want is going to depend on the kind of money you spend.

As with anything you get what you pay for. If you want to just "test" the waters and not spend a lot I would go buy some depends maximum protection I think they are called. These are the bottom of the barrel. They are cheap and will not hold hardly anything. And you can buy them in most brick and mortar stores. And from there go up in thickness and price.

The best quality will be debated but I can say with some assurance that the top ones are:

Bambinos http://bambinodiapers.com/

Abena's http://www.xpmedical.com/abriform.html

Dry 24/7 http://www.xpmedical.com/dry247.html

Molicare http://www.xpmedical.com/molicare.html

Wellness brief http://www.wellnessbriefs.com/

And then a few others that folks will toss in. You don't have to get the rest from XP medical it was just easiest for the links to show you. You can buy samples of 2 or more at most places also. And sometimes you can even get free samples to most if you call them. Have fun!!

Ok first, breath!! Now this is not the wrong forum and its a not a stupid question. Everyone starts out somewhere. I'm not an expert on small diapers but I can give you some ideas. The only diapers I use are the disposables ones you talk about. That fold over and tape up.....meaning a brief, not a pullup. What you want is going to depend on the kind of money you spend.

As with anything you get what you pay for. If you want to just "test" the waters and not spend a lot I would go buy some depends maximum protection I think they are called. These are the bottom of the barrel. They are cheap and will not hold hardly anything. And you can buy them in most brick and mortar stores. And from there go up in thickness and price.

The best quality will be debated but I can say with some assurance that the top ones are:

Bambinos http://bambinodiapers.com/

Abena's http://www.xpmedical.com/abriform.html

Dry 24/7 http://www.xpmedical.com/dry247.html

Molicare http://www.xpmedical.com/molicare.html

Wellness brief http://www.wellnessbriefs.com/

And then a few others that folks will toss in. You don't have to get the rest from XP medical it was just easiest for the links to show you. You can buy samples of 2 or more at most places also. And sometimes you can even get free samples to most if you call them. Have fun!!

Heh, sorry, I panicked. <=D

Very interesting. Thank you. Yes, I'm not sure I would want to jump right to the most expensive brands, but start simple and cheap, indeed to... "test the waters" (pun intended?).

Thank you very much for the recommendations. :)

With your size most of the adult "Small" sizes are going to be big on you if they can be made to fit at all :o You might be able to wear the largest kid's diapers, though. Sadly, just like clothing sizes, adult diaper makers each have their own idea of what proper sizing is :( We have several smaller people here so hang around a bit and I'm sure someone with more experience here will chime in :)

Bettypooh

Abena abri form x plus m4 small should fit you fine. Also Abena super m2 small.

Also there is Molicare super small and Molicare super plus small.

Why don't you get a sample pack from here of your choices:

http://www.xpmedical.com/samples.html

As seriously cheapo diapers leak and fit badly and are a waste of money.

If your even too small for an adult small size on the same site link I gave they got an Abena abri form super M2 x-small(extra small) you could try that will definatly fit, unless too small for you...

The number on your pants (inch measurement) is NOT your waist size. For instance, I wear 38 inch waist pants. Diaper maide for up to 42 inch waist do not fit me! Unless you are steve urkle, no one wears pants on their waist. You may be able to wear a small, then again, maybe not. You need to actually measure your waist with a tape measure, and check the diaper manufacturers measurements!

Exciting, isn't it? It's like riding a scary rollercoaster the first time, not knowing whether to feel terrified, exhilarated, or a little of both...

Backindiapers provided a GREAT response; however I'll add this:

It really depends on what type of experience you're reaching for. If you're aiming for a really "babyish" feel, Bambino Teddys or Bellissimos are incredibly functional, of impeccable quality, and just about the cutest, most authentically regressive design ever introduced into the AB/DL scene. I've said "immaculate" in the past when referring to Bambinos, and I really do mean it.

If you want a diaper that is very absorbent, fits snugly, and is capable of "folding over" as you described, I'd suggest the Dry 24/7. These diapers are pure white with only a discreet wetness indicator tarnishing the exterior, and they're extremely comfortable for the "long haul". The sizes tend to run on the large size, so a small would probably fit you like a typical medium from another brand. The Dry 24/7 waistband is pretty high - extending almost to the navel, so you could easily fold over the top without compromising absorbency or fit. A word of caution, though: Several folks (myself included) have had issues with the Dry 24/7 tapes slipping/popping when wearing for extended periods of time, as well as sometimes unpredictable leaks due to how they're cut. Just tape them snugly, but loosely, and be wary of flooding them with too much vigor, and you should be good to go! :thumbsup:

Hope that helps. Good luck, and enjoy your "first time". Remember: There'll never be another one!

Well just in regards to size, your options are limited. In US women's sizes, I'm something like a 7. Even the smallest Dry 24/7 I'm guessing will be too big for someone who wear's a 5 as the small Dry 24/7 fits me well and the medium is way way too big.

So you're probably going to have to go with a brand that makes smalls which means among the "good" brands, assuming you're in the US, I would say you're going to want to look at Abena and Molicare as lightningXIII points out. As he also notes, order some samples to try out. Molicares in my experience are a bit smaller for their size than Abena so they might be the better option. The Medium Molicares fit me better than the Abena for sure.

Bambino at the moment is probably not an option due to the lack of size small.

Also as far as the cheap store brands go, Depend Protection with Tabs are probably the best but still not great. Problem there is the smallest size is Small/Medium which is probably going to be way too big on you.

This has all been great advice, and you have to know also that we get a lot of this type of question, and the answers are all pretty much the same. My 2 cents on what has already been suggested is a coupe of things. being female, you have to consider 2 measurements (sorry) not just your waist size, but hips as well, since ladies are built a bit different from us guys. this affects how different products will fit you. Being petite is one thing, but how that is ummmm...'spread around' will determine what you end up with.

The other thing I recommend HIGHLY (and I cannot say this enough) is get sample FIRST! we have had people go crazy and buy large quantities of new diapers by the case and they either don't fit or they are disappointed with performance or appearance etc...and they wasted a ton of $$$$ at the same time, making for a poor experience. SO go easy and get samples first for sizing and features and, if it's important, appearances.

You also have to kind of know what it is that appeals to you, what features you want. You said something that "folds over and tapes shut, which is essentially a "diaper' or 'adult brief' vs a pull up style item.

There are a L*O*T of brands and styles available on the market, the best selection in through on-line sellers though. Many brands have been mentioned, but again, it depends on what you want. Tena, Abena, Molicares, Bambino, Secure personal care, attends,depends,wellness briefs,dry 24/7, Kendall brands, first quality, etc, the list goes on. All of them and more ara available somewhere, through on-line vendors or places like Ebay and Amazon.

The key though is knowing what you want, and you have to really just shop around. For example, my parameters for adult disposables is that they essentially have to have the same features that are available on children's products...have an elastic /stretchy waistband, and stand up leak guards and not have a 'medical' appearance, and they have to perform reasonably well,(last through a couple of heavy floods) :blush: and be comfortable, which eliminates a lot of products. So this has allowed me to narrow down my selections to a few that I have tried and really like. :) Over all I like:

*Abena X's (AKA M4 mediums)

*Secure personal care Secure plus (awesome :thumbsup:)

*Bambino Biancos (white) and Teddy's (I'm on the fence on bellisimos as they are kind of 'too much' diaper and get uncomfortable after a while)

*Wellness briefs for general use, they work well, but are kind of a weird color, and don't have a waistband, but they work great and are discreet and comfortable

*Eurobriefs: they are blue, and comfortable, and have good capacity, and have all the features, but the paddings tends to shift and break up when they get really wet, but they hold a LOT!

I also really L*O*V*E cloth prefold diapers :wub: and plastic pants, but thats what I always wanted for years to begin with.

Now, this is my list and products that I have culled down to for my own personal use and likes.

Buying diapers is a very personal choice, and everyone is different, just like what other underwear you wear. You don't just go get just anything because you know whats comfortable and what you like. So it goes the same with disposable diapers, you really have to shop around and try different brands and maybe sizes.

The only limiting issue is your size, which will limit what brands you choose because not everyone makes a "small' which kind of sucks.

I wear mediums or larges depending on brand, but the makes that I know of:

Molicares

Attends

Abena

Tena

Tranquility ATN (youth sized)

Kendall wings

For some of these, check Magic medical here:

http://www.adultdiapers.org/youthdiapers1.html

The down side with them is they (currently) only sell by the case, but they do 'occasionally' sel samples or by the bag. They used to have this feature, but changed it I guess due to the recession...or *shrug* who knows.

This is kind of limiting, but it's just the nature of the product. Most people aren't built petite, and they fall more into the medium or large range, so thats what products are made for.

You can also shop for 'youth' sized items, which might reveal more selection, but I'm not sure.

Lastly, and I know this is long :blush: but you have to consider how these are going to be used. Are you planning on using them for their intended purpose? and if so, how, and for how long do you plan on staying in them. Are you comfortable being in a wet / soggy and or messy diaper, or do you think you would change soon after using them. If you don't mind a wet diaper, then an extended wear / over night product might work, if not, then something a bit thinner might suit your needs.

Hope this helps and you have fun shopping and ultimately find something that suits your desires and needs :D

I like Depends. They are available at Walmart and for me they work very well.

When I wet a diaper, I want to feel wet. Otherwise, what is the point? Depends are very good at allowing me to feel wet.

When I do the other thing, they do a great job too.

Depends are readily available and reasonably priced. I have tried generic brands and find them to be not as good.

Buy a package of the 'small' size and see if they fit.

Welcome to the wonderful world of diaper lovers. Let us know what you try and ask any other questions you might have.

First post with my new account.

For a quick thing I would say depends, they work decently if you want something you can quickly throw on.

Though if you want more of the diaper experience with tapes, you cannot go wrong with molicare or abenas. They will certainly hold a lot ^_^

It is great that you figured out the first question you need to ask yourself -- What do I want specifically in a diaper? I believe trying some sample packs of the above will help you answer "Okay which meet this".

Best of luck!

I am of a pretty small build as well, and have tried a large majority of brands out there in various sizes. The first thing I can say is try different brands until you find something you like. The problem with adult diapers is that from company to company, not all sizes are the same, and each brand has a different cut to their brief. For example the Dry 24/7 small is absolutely massive compared to other typically smalls on the market suck as Abena x-plus small(so much so I don't think the Dry 24/7 small should be called a small). With saying that, you can't always trust the 'recommended measurements' that manufacturers put on the packages of their products. For example, as mentioned above dry 24/7 small is much larger than abena small, on the abena x-plus small package is says "waist size: 24"-31" " and on the dry 25/7 small package is says "waist size: 21" - 31" ". My hips/waist are about 27", therefore according to the measurements written on both packages, both briefs should fit me well. Abena small x-plus fit me very and is one of the briefs I use the most, on the other hand I've tried the dry 24/7 small before and didn't even bother putting the brief complete on, it was absolutely massive to say the least. Both bottom and top tapes overlapped, the side wings were so long that I had to fold them multiple times otherwise they would go completely around my buttom, and it was so high in both the front and back that the brief was on level with my nipples. Needless to say that even if I had my aid bother to completely tape the brief up on me, it would have leaked like a seive due to it's huge size. It's an absolute joke that the company thinks the brief would fit someone as small as having a 21" waist. Not really meant to be a complaint, but more of a warning, the measurements on packages aren't always what they should be. Another important thing to mention is that you can't always decide which size product would fit you just based on waist size. As long as you feel comfortable doing so, could you tell us both your waist and hip measurements. That will allow us to give you more accurate information on which size would fit you best. The thing is, which is especially true for women, some could have a very tiny waist, but larger hips, so whereas the waist measurement might put you in the 'small' size, hip measurement might mean 'medium' size would fit you best.

I also don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but if it ends up that small is the best size for you, unfortunately this size group has a much smaller selection of products compared to mediums, larges, etc. Once I know a little more about your measurements, I can give you a list of products that you should try, and some products that you should avoid.

Wow!

I am completely overwhelmed, taken aback, and otherwise gobsmacked by these detailed, thoughtful, and generous responses! (I'm not surprised that you all would offer such responses, but I am touched by the display of solidarity, and helpfulness.) I really can't thank you all enough, but... thank you all so much for your time and effort in gathering all that information, for sharing your own advice and experiences, and for your candid, helpful inquiry. Such advice seems better than any product research I could have done all on my own--in that it comes from your personal, unbiased experiences and helps narrow my focus and eliminate certain options straightaway; I will indeed need to do a bit of trial-and-error of my own, of course, but this guidance helps tremendously. So, thank you.

I genuinely am overwhelmed by your kindness--but also by the sheer amount of information. o.O It literally might take me a while to ...soak it all in. I will definitely use this thread as a reference, for sure. Again, thank you.

It's interesting to know how limited my options seem right now, being smaller, but once I figure out my waist and "hip" measurements, that might help illuminate my exact options, as speedy_d and others were saying.

More specific details about what I'm looking for in a diaper, to answer those who asked:

Upon consideration, I think my main goal in my first diaper purchase would be a comfortable, again very snug, fit--even more than extreme absorbency. I really just like the idea of "feeling" a well-fitting, dry diaper, as much as, perhaps more than, soiling it. I mean, I would want to try that eventually, of course, wetting a diaper without restraint, but maybe I'm strange in that I almost prefer the idea of just having a diaper taped on snugly, even if I don't necessarily saturate it the first time (I rarely pee in huge amounts, anyway, but do often "lightly dribble," even after using the toilet, so high absorbency seems secondary right now). I also like the idea of wearing Pampers, as Hookeondiapers suggested, simply because they seem like they would be guaranteed to fit closely and they seem to represent what a "naughty child" would be forced to wear (strange thought, but apparently true in many real cases o.O). But I think I would prefer a plain white, disposable diaper in general. Cloth diapers don't appeal to me as much at the moment, just because there seems to be something "separate," more "blatant" or "taboo" ("blatantly taboo," "taboo-ly blatant") about wearing disposable diapers, because their material and cleaning / wearing process seems unmistakably distinct from "normal" cloth underwear (in that you don't obviously wash disposable diapers [usually... unless you're really poor, cheap, or into that sort of thing; I personally would find that super gross] and the material of disposable diapers is, as I prefer, starkly different from cloth underwear). I like the idea of crinkling, as well, and potential embarrassment that could cause--that's probably a huge part of this for me, the embarrassment (even naughtiness) of wearing diapers, which is also why the idea of diaper roleplay appeals to me. With cloth diapers, an onlooker could mistake them for real underwear, at a glance, unless I'm mistaken; with disposable diapers, there's really no question, even at a glance, that you're wearing a diaper--for instance, if your diaper is accidentally sticking out above your pants in public, disposable diapers would seem more unmistkable to me, which I like. I do also like the idea of a "diaper bulge" but that would not be a must-have feature for my first diaper purchase / sample (as many of you aptly suggested, getting a sample first), tight fit is my main interest right now, but again now I fear that may be tricky, given I am more slender.

It's a bit disappointing to think my options are limited, me being smaller, but given that high absorbency is not my highest priority at first and after I check my measurements, that may help figure out what would suit me best.

(Sorry again for how wordy this is. That huge paragraph turned into more of a stream-of-consciousness of a diaper-fetishist than a description my preferences. o.O)

Hey I write in 'stream of consciousness' also, which is why a lot of my posts are so %$#@! long Kind of a 'co-inky-dink':blush:

Anyways, so to summarize, you are loking for something:

*a tape on brief / diaper

*white (preferably)

*noisy / crinkly

*Comfortable and fits well / snug

*performance isn't all that important, but fit and comfort are.

Sooo, basically, I think that you might be happier with a 'cheaper' brand, which doesn't have much in the performance department, but fits and is comfy and loud.....depends fit that pretty well, though I don't know if they have a true 'small'

Someone above mentioned going with pampers size 7, but the problem there is they were meant for a large(er) child and so might not work out well since you, even though petite, are still larger then say an average 5-6 year old at the max. I think they would prove to be a bit short, but I could be wrong :P

Anyways, depends might work out for you, or most any cheaper brand that you find on ebay, provided they have a small size.

One brand that I tried and was actually impressed with $ value etc was called "Nightingale" they are on Ebay and I also found a site that sells them.

http://nightingaledirect.com/index.php/briefs.html

Now I haven't ever shopped here so I know nothing about the site or company, but I have tried the briefs and I liked them :) And they come in a small size! :thumbsup: they are comparably cheap, compared to depends and also perform well as I remember, but thats not a big consideration at this point, but might be later on. If fit and comfort are paramount, then you don't want to waist a bunch of $$$$ on premium brands that you wont be using to get the max value out of, so something cheaper would suffice and satisfy ;)

Hope this helps as usual, and most of all have F*U*N! :D

*Jaw drops*

$50?!

That was definitely not what I was expecting. And that's on the cheaper end?

What have I gotten myself into....

That definitely makes me think about those who have no option but to buy quality, actually functional, adult diapers--and who have to wear them 24/7. That's crazy to think of. And terrible. :(

Jackass companies. Sorry, but it's true. They jack up the prices on items they *know* people--well, many people--cannot do without, but probably cost them less than a dollar to manufacture. They do the same thing with maxi pads. What option do you have? "Oh, guess I'm just not gonna have my period anymore, 'cause pads are too expensive!" or more relevantly "Guess I'll just wet my pants in public! No! Worries!"

Jackasses.

Anyway, rant over. Thank you very much, square_duck, for summarizing my previous ramblings ( :)) and for the recommendation; my rant is certainly not directed at you, but at the industry, now, in general. That was definitely a revelation--I really hadn't noticed the prices for a while, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to "commit" to trying diapers. I think the fact you highlighted the idea of cheapness, and that I've started to seriously consider this, made me finally notice, heh. I mean, I do still want to try them, at some point, but that figure just shocked me. o.O

$50??? :huh: where did you see that?

If that was the Nightingale page, that might have been a case price, and if so, to get the cost per item, just divide that by how many are in a case *shrug* if that helps. So a case of small "extras' is $38.50 and there are 96 in the case so it comes to .40 cents a diaper, which really is cheap! I presume thats not including shipping.

More than likely you would get a bag at a time...or just work with samples. You just have to shop around.

There are other brands to choose from if again, you don't care mush about performance. MCkesson is a chep manufacturer of "basic" adult diapers as is the company that makes "first quality" :rollsyes: which they aren't from a performance perspective, but again if tha isn't an issue, they they might work well for you.

for odd brands and "cheap diapers" try ebay. Just do a general search for "adult diapers" and see what comes up.

also, if you are more daring, check "craigslist.org" for 'adult diapers" in your area. you might be able to get a good deal that way, if you don't mind having to pick them up :blush:

Another thought is trying girls goodnites, those should fit well, butthey have a cloth like outer cover, and are a 'pull up'...kind of like a padded panty, but for fun...who knows? plsu if you have an accident :whistling: they might work for you.

In just scrolling through ebay for 'small' adult diapers I came across these, I have no idea about quality or anything, but it's an example...They look like they have a plastic outer shell, but they look like they might be blue....sorry :blush:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diapers-Select-Disposable-Briefs-for-adults-Heavy-Protection-10-small-/370601751200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564995f2a0

A couple of other thoughts, you might want to stay away from anything that have a "cloth like' outer shell or says 'breathable' they just aren't any fun.

Also. you will find a LOT of pull ups or "protective underwear" which again aren't any fun, but it's the trend in which the industry is going. In my shopping I did see a lot of Attends youth diapers listed, so that might be a god way to go. They are kind of thick, defiantly crinkly, but they don't hold much. They are however white and have been a popular items amongst AB/DL types as they "look" the best when it comes to diapers...I just never liked them because they leak and just didn't perform well....but thats just me.

Anyways, again, I hope this helps guide you through the maze of items...and again welcome tothe wonderful world of diapers! :D a place that offers lots of truly harmless fun! ;)

A couple of other things

I agree with a lot of what square_duck said. To me fit is of upmost importance and I also prefer a trin tight fit. Depends do actually fit quite well, in large part due to their six tapes, again though might be too large.

I still say Molicare is probably your best bet. The plastic they use is very elastic which makes for a nice tight fit and they come in small. I have a strong personal preference for that brand so that may be a lot of what's speaking there. Molicare Super Plus are also a nit on the thinner side compared to other similarly bulky diapers like Abena's X-Plus, Bambino, and Dry 24/7. Oh and they're purple. Love the purple myself.

SInce when are Molicares super plus' "thinner' than anything else?? Sheesh. If anything I get a trimmer fit with an Abena X (AKA M-4) than a mili super plus. Now the Moli supers are thinner and more form fitting because they don't have the stiff padding in the seat like the super plus' does, which makes sit difficult to fit right, unless you roll the diaper length wise first to break some of that up and form a length wise channel to get them to fit better.

Great diaper but sometimes it feels like your sitting on a big piece of cardboard :blush:

but again, thats just me...

They're thinner than the Abena 4 and Dry 24/7 for sure, just on objective measurements. At least based on my measurements. Dry 24/7 (10.75mm), Abena M4 (8.5mm), Molicare Super Plus (7.75mm). The Bambinos are actually quite a bit thinner in my measurements, Classico (6.5mm), Bella (5.5mm) but mine are from that weird period when the Bellas where brand new and the Classicos got smaller. I hear they are a fair bit thicker now and back to the "old" sizes.

How they fit is a different story and much harder to measure, which is why the ordering of samples is an excellent suggestion.

square_duck,

I must have been looking at the "by the case" price, as you said. Sorry, hehe, that was a gross overreaction... now that you break it down that way, that is super cheap. But my reading comprehension skills need work--that's the downside. :)

Okay... so, do you actually have to buy a whole case, if you order diapers online, as a rule? I think I would definitely want to start out with a sample or single bag. Just wondering.

But what I am probably going to do is buy a bag from one of the nearby convenience stores, just to start--And I am probably going to go with one of these, based on all your suggestions, my preferences, and suspected fit:

Depends (I think banter mentioning "six tapes," and their cheapness, sold me on them), Goodnites, or Attends Youth--unless there is another similar brand in that vein that catches my eye. Thank you all for leading me in the right direction. I am going to double check my waist and hip measurements to be sure, but those seem like the best choices for a first try. I'll let y'all know what I ultimately get, though. Thank you very much again. :)

I suggest Tranquility brand diapers. Tranquility makes several white plastic backed diapers that tape on and they come in size small. The Tranquility ATN diaper is a little thicker for overnight wear and their "slimline" diaper is a little thinner for discreet daytime wear. These diapers are not as good as some of the "super" diapers mentioned but are better than Depends or other store brand diapers. Also, if you go to their website www.tranquilityproducts.com you can buy a sample of both diapers to see what works best for you.....

Yes, you can certainly order by the bag. It's more expensive but if you don't have a lot of room and like to have some variety like I do it's really the only way to go. Diapers take up a lot of space.

XPMedical and Northshore Care Supply (through Amazon Prime) are generally who I order from and they both sell by the bag.

Tranquility are also a good suggestion and the mediums are on the smaller size. I really like the ATN. If you get the Depends they're somewhat similar in a lot of ways but a little bit thicker, better absorption and retention, and only have four tapes. They're very good though, particularly for the price. I even think Depends aren't half bad. They get a lot of flak but I like them, particularly if you're not a heavy wetter. I have never had any leaking issues with them myself.

Well I just googled your Panty size and see that they are somewhere around a 26"-27" waist. Now "normally" a girls build provides a Hip measurement which is bigger than the waist. That being said your waist size does indeed fall into the smalls that are mentioned. However, your hip measurement may exceed them as most fall into the 31"-32" max on hips. If so you are going to be in between smalls and mediums and that is going to be a pain to get a proper fit. As suggested samples are going to be your friend. Personally my favorite is Molicare and in a small and I have a 28" waist and probably less that 31" in the hips and they give me the best fit of any small diaper. I can wear Depends S/M size which say they go up to 34" max and achieve a pretty decent fit... so that's my 2 cents :)