LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Gold Bond Anyone?

WBDaddy

With the weather just starting to get hot around here, I've gotten back into using Gold Bond (or similar mentholated-type powder) instead of talcum/cornstarch in my diapers, as I'm prone to sweating and overheating anyway, never mind in a spot that is encased in plastic. Anyone else around here enjoy a cold shot during hot summer weather?

I've used extra-strength Gold Bond powder many times in my shoes to control foot odor, but wouldn't even consider using it on my privates.

That stuff is pretty wicked powerful. After only a couple hours in a sweaty shoe, my toes are tingling to almost a painful extent.

Honestly, the thought of applying it to the genital area makes me cringe. Talk about "ants in your pants". Yeesh...

I dunno - I love the immediate cool shot I get from it when it's 80 degrees outside and I'm sweltering down there under the padding. Makes everything more comfortable...

As an alternative to medicated powder, have you considered a mentholated applique, like Vicks Vapo-Rub?

It might be a little more greasy, but it would probably provide a similar cooling effect as well as serve as a moisture barrier on really hot days.

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Eh, I don't wear enough to really need the whole moisture barrier thing - particularly since I have a bigger problem down there with sweat and heat chafing (something that wouldn't be helped by a moisture barrier) than I do with pee.

I've used gold bond with and without a diaper. It really keeps you cool down there and on hot sticky days that is a plus. I do prefer scented baby powder in my diaper, but when I am out, I reach for the gold bond.

Especially if I've had a rashy situation or been irritated, Gold Bond works very well for me, and tends to clear up irritated skin pretty quickly, moreso than regular powder. It more depends upon how sensative your skin is as to whether Gold Bond will work or is too strong for you.

I use it all the time now. Gold bond does take a bit of getting used to but I works better than regular corn starch. Plus I've found I actually like the instant cooling effect it give on a hot day.

I used it when we lived in the Midwest, and thought it was a bit stimulating - and left me feeling clean and refreshed also. I think you just have to use it sparingly at first, because the menthol is definitely cooling.

It's like using a mint based shampoo or conditioner, and noticing how cold your head feels... brrr.

For me it's great when it is warm or hot out. :)

I prefer baby powder also. There were times during the sultry summers in the Midwest, when I liked the Gold Bond. I would occasionally use it when out and about, and not even while I was wearing a diaper, but in my underwear.

I agree, the baby scent's are the best. :baby_smiley3:

OMG. You're into diapers and you don't want to smell like baby powder or a baby? Oh, sacriledge, sacriledge! OMG!

Um, just teasing! I LOVE being diapered - DISCREETLY - in public, but it's MY thing. And, I, too, prefer not to leave an "aroma trail" of baby powder. I'm NOT a baby, especially an AB, just into diapers. Woo-hoo!

• 1 month later...

The initial cooling sensation only last for 15-30 minutes before fading away. Though I have noticed that I will get a "second wind" cooling effect when I wet my diaper or sometimes when I change it.

Keep in mind thats not the only reason to use it. Gold bond is medicated & formulated versus just having scented corn starch baby powder. I hardly ever get rashes with gold bond, but will occasionally get them with baby powder.

I used gold bond for years to help prevent chaffing in and out of diapers. My wife always complained about the smell, so I tried something I found at Walmart (mostly as a joke) but, found it works alot better than gold bond. It also comes in a ladies scent as well as a baby version AND diaper cream too:

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com