LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Registerring As Incontenant

What is the least embarassing way to do this i hate my doctor, come to think of it i dont like doctor's in general, but i need to register what if i end up in hospital or something o.O i wake up to a wet bed i would not enjoy telling the nurses that

I'd been seeing my doctor for some time when he suggested I have a physical. I showed up diapered and when he asked me to strip down he saw my diaper, but didn't say a word to me. As I was dressing, he then asked if I need diapers for leakage. I replied that some times I couldn't make it to the bath room in time, so the diaper was insurance 'just in case'. This is a partial true statement since I've been a pants wetter since about age ten. He was okay with that. He's seen me diapered many times since. B)

Some of the health org's are pushing for Doctor's to ask male patients about incontinence during checkups - like they routinely do for women - since several survey's have suggested that the male incontinence rate is as much as 4 time higher than previously thought as most men won't tell anyone they are having that kind of problem (Don't ya just love overly macho men? LOL)

I think that's the real reason behind Depend Guards for Men, no much a "treatment" option, but a way to hide the problem, since most wetting - minor enough to be protected by a light pad - is medically correctable.

• 2 weeks later...

The last time i was in th ER for broken foot :crybaby: The intake person skipped most of the questions she didnt think were relivent, I waited for over 5 hours (very busy day) I was wet when i came in and didnt have a change with me, when i was brought back to a room i was soaked and leaking and misrable. My nurse was almost as mad as me at the person The hospital diapers were the 4 tape Attends i don't like them very much but then i was just happy to be in dry pant's. When i was dischared later that day the nurse got me a pair of scrubs

Now when i see a doctor or get any medical treatment I make sure my incontinence is on the chart.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

What is the least embarassing way to do this i hate my doctor, come to think of it i dont like doctor's in general, but i need to register what if i end up in hospital or something o.O i wake up to a wet bed i would not enjoy telling the nurses that
  • 3 months later...

I am thinking of going to the doctors and making out i need diapers etc for real and require them 24/7 but not sure how easy this would be to trick the doctors.

These people stick cotton swaps into strange people penises, I think hearing that you're incontinent is comforting in comparrison.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once I went to the hospital and was pretending to come to visit someone. I was really there trying to find some diapers to grab. (I know i'm a naughty boy.) I couldn't find them so I just told a passing nurse that I had problems, could she get me anything ? She just said sure and open a near by cupboard and handed me a couple of cheap diapers. Then said the washroom is right there dear and walked away.

I've been wanting to talk to my doctor about incontinence, mayeb even lie and tell him i am, so I can maybe get some good hospital diapers, and if I'm ever in there (god forbid) I'll maybe be diapered :)

Overall hospitals do not have good diapers. Hospital diapers are meant for bedridden patients who are changed every other hour (idealy) They will not stand up to an active person's lifestyle, or a Diaper Lover's heavy wetting.

• 3 months later...

I went to the hospital for knee surgery. I wore boxer shorts over a disposable diaper. The prep nurse told me that i would have to remove my boxers. I then told here that I was diapered. The reaction was "no problem, we see it all the time".

They wheeled me into the OR with a yellow tee shirt and a pruple diaper.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i will tell you that the kendell wings that they will send you SUCK but you will get a case a month and your mailman will be the one dropping them off for you and yes they say what they are on the box.

i know becouse i get my box every month and have for the last 3+ years

My incontinence is service connected as well, and I am seen at the VA medical center in Iowa City. I complained to the patient advocate that I was a young, active incontinent person and that he diapers they were sending me sucked. I talked them into ordering me Abena X-Plus. I have been getting the Abenas now every month since July '05. It is great, since I was buying Abena anyway because what the VA was sending just didn't work. Also, because they order them from drugstore.com, they show up in unmarked boxes.

Iowaincon.

• Like 1

My incontinence is service connected as well, and I am seen at the VA medical center in Iowa City. I complained to the patient advocate that I was a young, active incontinent person and that he diapers they were sending me sucked. I talked them into ordering me Abena X-Plus. I have been getting the Abenas now every month since July '05. It is great, since I was buying Abena anyway because what the VA was sending just didn't work. Also, because they order them from drugstore.com, they show up in unmarked boxes.

Iowaincon.

Iowaincon.

I have tried to get the VA to provide me with a better diaper. The Kendalls cause me to get a rash. They also leak and the tapes do not hold. I currently buy Abena and would like the VA in Denver to supply them. So please tell me how you were successfull with your VA to start buying them. Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

I called the Patient Representitive at the VA hospital where I am seen. I explained that I am completely incontinent, and my incontinence is service connected. I then explained that the diapers that the VA were providing to me did not do a good job of protecting me durring my active life style. I explained that I am attending college full time, and spend a lot of time in public, and that the diapers that they were providing me tend to leak frequently, causing public embarassment. I then explained that because of this, for the past two years or so, I had been buying my own protection in the form of Abena X-Plus. I then asked nicely if there was anything that the VA could do differently to provide me with an effective product, or if I was going to have to keep buying them on my own. The patient rep was very understanding of my problems, and I think was moved by my attitude of "not gonna let incontinence slow me down". So he talked to my doctor and pharmacy, and got a "non formulary request" started. They then found a place that they had in their system that they could order abena from, which happens to be drugstore.com. They then got the "non formulary request" aproved, and set up an account with drugstore.com and started sending me abena x-plus. They will ask you what size you need, and how many you need per month. Remember! if your incontinece is service connected, and you are being compensated for it, that your rate of compensation is based on the number of diapers that you use a day. So have them send you the same number of abena that they are sending of the other brand, even though the abena is more absorbant, and you probably wouldn't need as many per day. I feel that you should not be compensated less simply because you are using a more absorbant product and don't have to change it as often, you are still just as incontinent as you were before. If you have any more questions let me know, and good luck.

Iowaincon

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I called the Patient Representitive at the VA hospital where I am seen. I explained that I am completely incontinent, and my incontinence is service connected. I then explained that the diapers that the VA were providing to me did not do a good job of protecting me durring my active life style. I explained that I am attending college full time, and spend a lot of time in public, and that the diapers that they were providing me tend to leak frequently, causing public embarassment. I then explained that because of this, for the past two years or so, I had been buying my own protection in the form of Abena X-Plus. I then asked nicely if there was anything that the VA could do differently to provide me with an effective product, or if I was going to have to keep buying them on my own. The patient rep was very understanding of my problems, and I think was moved by my attitude of "not gonna let incontinence slow me down". So he talked to my doctor and pharmacy, and got a "non formulary request" started. They then found a place that they had in their system that they could order abena from, which happens to be drugstore.com. They then got the "non formulary request" aproved, and set up an account with drugstore.com and started sending me abena x-plus. They will ask you what size you need, and how many you need per month. Remember! if your incontinece is service connected, and you are being compensated for it, that your rate of compensation is based on the number of diapers that you use a day. So have them send you the same number of abena that they are sending of the other brand, even though the abena is more absorbant, and you probably wouldn't need as many per day. I feel that you should not be compensated less simply because you are using a more absorbant product and don't have to change it as often, you are still just as incontinent as you were before. If you have any more questions let me know, and good luck.

Iowaincon

Thank you for your help. I called VA and they are now going to supply me a 3 month supply for now.

would like to know some ways to become incontant to get to wear 24/7 any good ideas or sites that explain how to thanks mikey.

would like to know some ways to become incontant to get to wear 24/7 any good ideas or sites that explain how to thanks mikey.
would love the help thanks

would love the help thanks

[/quot

Oh you don't want to do that..trust me i am Incontinent and it sucks...I would love to wear for fun..Why don't you just wear with out doing any damage.. just try to wear 24/7 for one week....and i mean 24/7 to work or school and see how much you like it then..If you don't get tired then just wear but please don't hurt you bladder..I'm getting surgery to fix mine i have a fallen bladder.

just try it for a week or two ALL the time NO bathroom just diapers and then tell us what you think. If you make it that is, I dont think you will like very much.

Remember, you DON'T need an excuse to wear a diaper or use one. And whenever you decide to take time off from being diapered, you can. You lose that option when you become incontinent, and, as other incontinents here have said, that's not always fun. Remember, also, that diapers are expensive. I spend more than $1000/year on them.

I agree completely with the idea of going full time for an extended period (I don't think a week is enough) before taking any steps to make yourself incontinent. Tell yourself you'll use the toilet only to empty a poopy diaper. Pretend you have no choice. Then, after a week or two, if you like how things are going, just continue. The only "pleasure" of incontinence you'll miss is waking up wet. You can, of course, wet your diaper when you wake up then go right back to sleep.

• 8 years later...

What is the least embarassing way to do this i hate my doctor, come to think of it i dont like doctor's in general, but i need to register what if i end up in hospital or something o.O i wake up to a wet bed i would not enjoy telling the nurses that sad.gif

I found both my doctor and diabetic nurse very matter of fact about it. I was simply refered to a urologist and the continence nurse.

If you don't like doctors in general there's no way you can tell them anything without feeling awkward about it.

If I were you I'd first figure our why I dislike doctors in general and get over that. Then try to find a good doc (they do exist); you won't need to feel embarrassed to tell him or her about it because it's their friggin' job. That's be the same as finding it embarrassing to tell your car mechanic that your blinker doesn't work.

As for nurses: they deal with incontinence every single day. It's probably the most boring thing in the world to a nurse. So the problem is your own attitudes and fears, not so much the medical professionals you might meet. Really, most of them are cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk