LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-Plus - Plastic Changed?

cuteabdl

I recently bought a case of Abena X-Plus and noticed that they changed the plastic.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent change, or if only select bags are like this?

I don't know how I feel about this yet; my first thoughts are they feel cheaper.

This WAS my favorite diaper. I don't know if I will hunt for a new brand or not.

they probably cheapened out on the plastic so more people will complain and then they'll say "well more of a reason to switch to clothbacked"

They have been cheapening them up for years(granted I have only used them for 5 or 6) but the style when I first used them had thicker plastic, absorbed more (more fluff) and just all around better. Market mobility at its finest, the once mighty have fallen and new companies have taken their place Dry 24/7 anyone? With the one caveat that I am RIGHT in between sizes for the Drys I would switch permanateky without hesitation.

they probably cheapened out on the plastic so more people will complain and then they'll say "well more of a reason to switch to clothbacked"

If you take into account that the "cloth like feel" is nothing more than plastic backed with fibres glued or pressed to the frontside the "cheaper" plastic might just be the same foil that is used to be backed up with the cloth like fibres layer

The last time I tried the cloth backed abena is when I ordered my first samples. Barring the other problems the smell seepage alone is a good enough reason not to wear

I just tried Abena's again after two years. I can't believe how bad they are now. I found they clump and fall apart really quickly and they aren't as absorbant. Well back to Dry 24/7 for me too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, they are getting cheaper and cheaper. My latest batch has decent tapes that are staying connected to the back, but I too have noticed they aren't holding as much before threatening to leak. They keep making one more little cut at a time in hopes we won't notice. I can live with them raising the price to say in business, but constantly making them cheaper is something I'm about had up with.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a case of Abena X-Plus and noticed that they changed the plastic.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent change, or if only select bags are like this?

I don't know how I feel about this yet; my first thoughts are they feel cheaper.

This WAS my favorite diaper. I don't know if I will hunt for a new brand or not.

Strange...... Because the samples I got of Abena M1, M2 and M4, the plastic hasn't changed on them.... Maybe the usa is switching over first before the uk.

I have some of the new L4's and while it's different, it's not that bad. These are my goto diapers for situations other than work. For the latter I do use the cloth backed Attends Extra Absorbant breathes. They're the most absorbent of the thin cloth backs (which I prefer since they're easily retainable).