LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Doubling Up

Entropy

So right now I'm plugged, lubed up in my last two pairs of Abena M4s with some plastic pants over the top waiting for the magic to happen.

However I have a question for you experienced users out there. When you're double diapered, what's the best way to ensure pee soaks through to the outer diaper? Last time I tried this, I pricked a hundred or so holes in the backing of the inner diaper which worked pretty well. However when the inner diaper is approaching capacity it tends to flood rather than soak through. What's the best remedy for this?

I also cut wide strips out of the backing one time. Big mistake - this was before I realised what a mess polyacrylate makes when it comes out of the diaper!

So yeah, does anyone have a more effective solution to this than pinprick holes?

i usually cut three slits running from back-to-front (or front-to-back, depending how you slice). they dont have to be deep, or even a clean, solid slice. always worked for me :)

the punch idea sound nice, but easy to go too deep and punch through the diaper.

if you want alot of holes really quick, try a jaccard meat tenderizer. it uses anywhere from 15 to over 50 little blades that do a number on meat, and would do a number on a diaper!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=jaccard+meat+tenderizer

I always double up - or more. I typically use a large pad in a Depends large. I use a boxcutter to make 3 rows of slits. Then I put a Tena large over everything. nice bulk and pretty good success for 3-4 hours. Helps if I lay down on tummy for the first wetting. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...

I do large slits all over the diaper while its folded. I also slit along each fold horizontaly. I wear around four or more diapers all the time, and they only leak if im laying down or sitting and Ive done a rather large pee in an already wet one. whlile at work I'm standing so they hold anything I through at them. So far I've gone twenty-four hours in one of these and it held it all. (I use breathables under plastic backed, I find this is better for your skin and the backing is more absorbant than plastic...)

I've been trying the whole doubling thing...I've only got M3s, M4s and boosters. Each time I diaper solely for pleasure I've tried out a different combination, just to see how they compare in thickness/absorbency/leak liability/practicality/baby-ish-ness (between you and me, no thick combination of any of these is really "practical" for wearing in public). Right now I'm wearing an M3 with the tapes cut off, slits in the front, inside an M4, with two abena boosters between me and the M3.

I usually use scissors or my knife to cut the slits, seems to work fine.

Rather than doubling I like to use booster pads. They are cheaper than diapers and do a great job. I like the Tranquility TopLiner mini booster pad. One or two or three inside the diaper will hold a lot and pass through to the diaper as they get soaked. 100 of them are less than $30.

Rather than doubling I like to use booster pads. They are cheaper than diapers and do a great job. I like the Tranquility TopLiner mini booster pad. One or two or three inside the diaper will hold a lot and pass through to the diaper as they get soaked. 100 of them are less than $30.

Thanks for the shout out; I'll have to get some next time I do an order. The price per unit of capacity seems to be far lower for pads, and considering that I'm one of those people who diapers for the long haul, this will make things much more economic.

I have been doing this for a long time with crappy thin diapers like depends. What I do is very simple. I cut many horizontal slits across the diaper where the padding is with a pen knife. I usually place the slits at least a centimeter apart. Horizontal slits are important so as not to compromise the integrity of the diapers. Never do large vertical slits unless you want a mess on your hands. When I double or triple up while using horizontal slits, I never have any leak problems too.

Also, Entropy is an interesting name.

I typically wear 2 but usually 3 dry care at a time. Handling changes in a restroom isn't practical for me. It might be overkill by one diaper but I've come to prefere the extra security over the added bulk. I too as said above cut verticle slits in the first two. I can get through the big part of the day without a leak 99.9% of the time.