LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Don'T You Hate It When...

daddy-jonny

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

dont you hate it when you go to your local goodwill, salvation army thrift shop, or other thrift stores and you can spot a package of diapers far away you get excited, make your to it just to find out it's not your size! ! this happened to me twice. once at goodwill and and i picked up the package of prevail diapers to see they are large,.. few months went by and went to same goodwill and saw the same package and saw another one but this time in extra large.. hope i have some luck soon

Yeah, it's a bummer to find cheap diapers on Craigslist or Freecycle then reading the details to find they aren't your size :(

In looking around the world here I see that most people who might wear diapers would be medium size, yet most of the diapers I see offered on those sites are large or extra large :huh: I just don't understand it. My local Goodwill never has adult diapers so if I have time I'm going downtown to check their main store today. Wish me luck!

Bettypooh

I've only spotted diapers in my size in a thrift store once. However I was with friends who had no idea that I wore diapers so I had to let them pass. Went back later only to find that they had sold :crybaby:

*hugs*

Last time I visited the Sal Army Family Store I was met at the door by a woman backing out puling a shopping cart full of Attends. I held the door open for her.

Sure enough, she had cleaned out all the adult disposable diapers!

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

Well...to be completely fair I suppose it's far better to let the thrift store diapers go to needy folks. I can afford my diapers these days just fine. However It is still really exciting to make a thrift store 'find' like that.

Just like a treasure hunt :)

well for me i find diapers all the time in good will or salvation army i find all sizes. my only thing is that they are the new stuff and they are cloth backed not plastic. Where i live this lady must live at good will and salvation army because when ever they get the good old diapers she buys them up and re sales them on Craigslist or eBay i found this out the hard way. when i seen her with a cart full of attends and week later i seen a listing on Craigslist, so i called on them to find out it was her and she was charging $10 a pack when good will only charges $1.99

I have got luck and picked up about 3 cases of diapers over the last year at the thrift stores. and i have found a lot at yard sales and Craigslist. I only do on line if i want a premium diaper. If you check the thrift stores on a weekly bases you have better luck finding what you want.

You might want to try Sam's Club (maybe Wal-Mart, same chain) or Costco. Sam's has cases of what I think are the old Invacare diaper, last "Maker's Mark", now a new name, for about 25 bucks a case. They're not premium, like Molicare or Abena, but with boost pads - and even those are available at Sam's for a decent price - you can do okay. You need to widen your range for thrift shops. And, it's pretty much WHEN you show up there, you know, the right place at the right time for the right price. I don't give my purchase a second look. The clerk doesn't know who the diapers are for, and if they DID know they were for ME, so what? When you buy like you buy anything else, diapers are just another product being bought. It's WE who tend to attach stigma! : )

dont you hate it when you go to your local goodwill, salvation army thrift shop, or other thrift stores and you can spot a package of diapers far away you get excited, make your to it just to find out it's not your size! ! this happened to me twice. once at goodwill and and i picked up the package of prevail diapers to see they are large,.. few months went by and went to same goodwill and saw the same package and saw another one but this time in extra large.. hope i have some luck soon

Sounds like you went to the thrift store in my area! For a couple months they've had bags of large Attends on the shelf. They have color coded price tags on all their items, pink, blue, green, yellow and orange. When you walk into the store, they have a dry erase board up front that says which colors that day will be 1/2 off in price! Interesting, when you get to the shelf with the adult diapers there is a sign stating "Diapers are not 1/2 off! If you open a package of diapers you will be expected to pay for them!" Then, on the shelf is a disposable adult diaper out of the package marked as a "sample" so people can see what it looks like. Makes me wonder just how many non-incontinent people are opening up those packages of diapers and trying to slip one out the door under their coat!

Anyway, I've been really tight on money for a while but with an extra hour's work the other day I figured I'd go in and buy a package of those large sized Attends for the $8 marked price. Just like you, when I got there I noticed that every package was "extra large" instead of the large ones they've had! Oh, well. I saved myself $8 and besides, a friend of mine who was forced to purge a big part of his cloth diaper and plastic pants stash passed his excess along to me! Looks as though I'll be making some good use of the cloth and plastic pants once the holiday season is over and I have some time available!