LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

In My First Real Adult Diaper.

lovelylittle

well, i got my sample pack of teddy bambinos in :) after the beginning of my AB/DL life consisted entirely of goodnites, i am currently wearing my first, clumsily taped on, real adult diaper.

i am glad i got the sample pack. it's a very cute diaper, but the fit doesn't seem to be right on me. it could be my terrible taping job, but it feels like if i move too much the tapes will pop, and i don't have any room to make it looser. maybe it's the wrong size, but my waist is only 30" so i can't imagine needing a large, although i'm very hippy so maybe that's the problem...

also, i'm not a big fan of how wide it is. it's all bunched up in between my legs which isn't that comfy. i am betting if i ordered a large it would be even wider, which would be a problem for me... and, after years of goodnites i rather dislike the crinkly outer plastic.

that being said, i've been slowly dribbling into it for about half an hour and it doesn't even feel wet, so it's certainly more absorbent than a goodnite. and did i mention it's really cute?

i don't think i'll buy this particular diaper again. but all criticism aside... i'm wearing my first real adult diaper! did i mention i'm wearing my first real, adult, AB/DL diaper?

hey guys, guess what...

i'm wearing my first real adult AB/DL diaper ;)

awesome feeling.

• Like 6

Yes. Welcome to the diaper world!

Would be awesome if we could see a pic of you in your new teddy bambino.

If your a waist size 30 then I suggest buying the medium size would best fit you. My first real adult diaper was the old green depends from wal-mart. They were very crinkly, didn't really care for the color green, but they were awesome. I had to MAN myself up just to buy them. I was soo damm scared, afriad I would get seen by some one that knows me, embarressing buying them. etc.

Now I don't even care. I just buy them. I think you should diaper shop some more and try many brands of them. Tena's, attends, depends, assurance, tranquality, molicure's, etc... There's alot out there. Explore somemore and you will find a diaper that best fits your choice, that's what I did. I found a diaper I fell in love with and that was," Promise briefs" made by SCA. A adult diaper Co. out of CA. Sadly they don't make them anymore. They done away with them. I see them on ebay sometimes but somebody always outbids me. Then I feel mad inside; pissed. Getting mad over diapers. LOL.

Have lots of fun.

Lovelylittle, congratulations on wearing your first real diaper!!! My first "real" diapers were Abenes, followed by Babypants prefolds. I am thinking of getting three more prefolds in the next size on up so I can wear all six and have them pen properly without struggling to pin them on! I wore a ridiculous six pin contraption to bed last night. Being that heavily diapered sends me into euphoria!! I will also be very happy when my baby powder and pacifier come in!!!!

The company also makes some extremely cute plastic pants which do not look like medical garments. I bought these from babypants through Amazon. As an added incentive, they are so discreet that you do not know what the (hotel echo lake lake) is in them until you onpen it up! Actually, you can cut cheap bathtowels into prefolds easily enough! It is much cheaper!

Were you satisfied with the diaper crinkle, or was it quiet?

Sounds like you're having fun exploring!

Try placing the diaper flat on your bed and lie down on it so the back of the diaper is a bit higher than the front will be when you pull it up. Then, tape one leg, followed by the other - then do the same at the top.

HEY! Congrats on trying the 'real thing" ;) and sorry if they feel a bit 'odd' thats teh big difference between a pull up like product and a real 'diaper" (aka "adult brief")

Anyways, hope you enjoy it, they really do hold a LOT.

And Don't give up on bambinos, they have a great range of products. The Teddys are a kind of mid range extended wear or over night item. They were created with the intent of longer wear and the 'chassis' has added SAP and padding in the middle and seat / back area for over night use.

The Classico and Bianco don't have this feature, and they are the first diapers that bambino came out with. They still hold a lot, but don't have the extra SAP in the seat or middle, making them a bit thinner and possibly more comfortable for day wear, or night if you don't need the extra absorption.

The newest item they have the "bellismo' is uhhhh...kind of hard to classify :blush: it is DEFIANTLY an extended wear diaper that can last 12 hours. I know the one I tried lasted a heck of a long time, and it's kind of cute, But it is a thick and bulky heavy duty (doody? ) diaper that some people might not like because of its bulk.

Another item you might try is the Active ultra thats bambino also sells. It replaced their 'plus' brief, and has a different tape system, but it is thinner, but absorbent, and can last a long time. It's also very comfortable, and non-medical looking...another great product!

I think this one might work better for you, since it's not a bulky, and the tape tabs are velcro, and not 'tape' so they can be repositioned several times and it's thinner so it should fit better and be an over all better item for your enjoyment.

Glad you took the first steps though..

have fun and happy shopping! :D

• Like 1

thanks guys :)

i tried to take a picture, but my bedroom lightbulb is burnt out so it didn't come out :( i still have one more diaper, so i'll take some pics next time!

and terryfighter, it was very, very crinkly. ;)

thanks for the reccomendation, square_duck, i'll definitely keep trying some bambino products, there are a lot of other brands i want to try as well. I have discovered the wonders of patterned duct tape to make my own 'landing zone' so i'm not as concerned with finding babyish looking diapers, and that opens a world of new opportunities- woo experimentation!

O*M*G! You have to be kidding me! I had no idea something like this existed :blush: designer colored duct tape....Sheesh, who would have thought! :P

polka dot, houndstooth,candycane stripe,paisley, jolly roger, amazing patterns...on....of all things....'duct tape'

the world is not safe anymore :P

Thanks for the tip, I'll stick that on my 'wish list' in amazon.....

but don't tell anyone :blush:

http://www.amazon.com/Platypus-Designer-Duct-Tape-Polka/dp/B003IJS5FC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322467269&sr=8-2

• Like 1

I can't really remember the actual first one, but I do remember the feeling of my first "real" diaper when I went from crappy Attends to my First Molicare.... That was like Heaven!!! I was able to go out the whole day and not worry about leaks!! :)

One tip - my wife prefers the Molicare Supers (not the Plus) because they're thinner. She's not quite the DL I am, but wears on occasion. I prefer the bulk, typically Dry 24/7 or Abenas.

If you want to try a few different things, check out http://www.xpmedical.com/samples.html and you'll be able to grab samples of non-Bambino diapers, especially if you don't care about the babyish side, or want something that doesn't crinkle.

well, i got my sample pack of teddy bambinos in :) after the beginning of my AB/DL life consisted entirely of goodnites, i am currently wearing my first, clumsily taped on, real adult diaper.

i am glad i got the sample pack. it's a very cute diaper, but the fit doesn't seem to be right on me. it could be my terrible taping job, but it feels like if i move too much the tapes will pop, and i don't have any room to make it looser. maybe it's the wrong size, but my waist is only 30" so i can't imagine needing a large, although i'm very hippy so maybe that's the problem...

also, i'm not a big fan of how wide it is. it's all bunched up in between my legs which isn't that comfy. i am betting if i ordered a large it would be even wider, which would be a problem for me... and, after years of goodnites i rather dislike the crinkly outer plastic.

that being said, i've been slowly dribbling into it for about half an hour and it doesn't even feel wet, so it's certainly more absorbent than a goodnite. and did i mention it's really cute?

i don't think i'll buy this particular diaper again. but all criticism aside... i'm wearing my first real adult diaper! did i mention i'm wearing my first real, adult, AB/DL diaper?

hey guys, guess what...

i'm wearing my first real adult AB/DL diaper ;)

awesome feeling.

Congratulations on your initiation, this means you are one of us now!

Play around with sample packs. Depending on whether you want babyish prints or plain, crinkle or soft, there's a lot to try out there.

And, not being into wetting, something like an Abena Super (not the Super-X or X-Plus) can be both comfortable and discreet.

Let us know the first time you wear through a shift. :)

^When you order from Amazon, it is so discreet you may not know what you ordered! XP is also discrete (according to their website) they use XP as their return address. It is a brown box!

• 2 weeks later...