LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thank You Grammar Police

I know i blasted you all for getting on me about my spelling.Well i say now thank you.After reading posts with a lot of miss spelled words,Because i see why you all got on me.Because sometimes it is hard to understand what people are saying when thay miss spell words.So again,thank you.By the way i now have spell check.

but the way some of the gramar nazis advise on poor spelling or word usage is not right. i am a firm believer in don't pick on others i have a problem spelling and that is why i don't post because i have seen how the coments get

Every now and then, I will have to edit posts. I know that somepeople have a problem with spelling, and I extend grace to them. I just do not enjoy guessing what people are trying to say!

Grammar and even spelling in English is at best a list of rough guidelines that vary depending on a lot of things including geographical location and what you're writing for. There is a sort of middle ground of common usage though that if you pay attention to the way other people write you'll eventually start to sort of gravitate to and get to a point where most people who speak and write the language can understand you.

I always try my best to write properly.

But at the end of the day, as long as it's readable and in english and not bloody text speech or gibberish, it's fine by me.

As not everyone can write and read and spell properly: eg: dyslexics, and other people are just downright lazy.

I always try my best to write properly.

But at the end of the day, as long as it's readable and in english and not bloody text speech or gibberish, it's fine by me.

As not everyone can write and read and spell properly: eg: dyslexics, and other people are just downright lazy.

This exactly. As long as someone tries I cut them some slack.

Here's My Vote For Best Post of the Day- Congrats!

Bettypooh

I don't expect Pulitzer prize winners online. But if something is complete gibberish, and I don't have my magic decoder ring on, I will usually just skip it it entirely. I don't think communicating at a 6th grade level is asking too much for an adults only site.

I know i blasted you all for getting on me about my spelling.Well i say now thank you.After reading posts with a lot of miss spelled words,Because i see why you all got on me.Because sometimes it is hard to understand what people are saying when thay miss spell words.So again,thank you.By the way i now have spell check.

Not to nitpick, and props for using spell check. But you probably want to use misspell, miss spell makes me think...

6a00d8341c630a53ef0148c7af860c970c-300wi.jpg

6th grade level is good, i work for the gov't and we are told when we write letters to people, to write at a 6th grade level.... so if the federal gov't can manage to communicate at a 6th grade level, i think others can manage it.

As long as I can understand you, you're OK in my book.

You're absolutely right. That is a good attitude to have. On the flip side, though, using good grammar and punctuation shows that you care enough to take the time to do things right and that you respect the people who are reading what you write. Of course as a writer, I'm very critical but I also realize that not everyone has a handle on language at the same level. Still, with spell-checkers available, there's no reason not to have everything spelled correctly.

There are 3 basic writing style forms to take into consideration when writing:

Educational

Journalistic

Scientific

Most "Grammar Nazi" or "Grammar Police" critique according to the standards of the "Educational" form.